Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:32 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:48 pm Is there anyone thinking that he won't be pardoned? :? :lol:

Seriously, this whole Russia thing was a hoax. Anyone with a couple brain cells not infected with TDS can see that. :coffee: :lol:
Yeah...Hoax. :lol:
Yup. Hoax. :coffee:
Mr. Durham appears to be pursuing a theory that the C.I.A., under its former director John O. Brennan, had a preconceived notion about Russia or was trying to get to a particular result — and was nefariously trying to keep other agencies from seeing the full picture lest they interfere with that goal, the people said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/us/p ... ussia.html

The "preconceived notion" in the quote above would be the hoax I am referring to, because it is based on the Steele dossier.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm Whomp whomp.

Justice Department drops McCabe criminal investigation
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/14/politics ... index.html
Did anyone expect otherwise? One thing everyone should have learned from the hillary server debacle is that these "connected" folks are above the law.
Extactly what I said deep in this thread. No collusion and no Deep State jail time. Both sides come away pissed.

Just news cycle after news cycle filled with tidbits to keep TV ratings sky high.

I like one of the bloggers I follow, "no excitement without indictment".
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

In case anyone hasn’t read/heard it, this was the jury foreperson in the Roger Stone trial:
Tomeka Hart, democrat activist lawyer. BEFORE she became jury foreperson:
-ran for Congress as a democrat
-was president of the Memphis City school board.
She referred to the President with a hashtag of “klanpresident” and spoke out against “Trump and the white supremacist racists.” She posted about how she and others protested outside a Trump hotel and shouted, “Shame, shame, shame!” When profanities were projected on the Trump hotel, she exclaimed on Jan. 13, 2018, “Gotta love it.” On March 24, 2019, she shared a Facebook post — no longer public — while calling attention to “the numerous indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions of people in 45’s inner-circle.”

More worrisome are her direct references to Stone, including a retweeted post, in January 2019, from Bakari Sellers, again raising racist associations and stating that “Roger Stone has y’all talking about reviewing use of force guidelines.” She also described Trump supporters such as Stone as racists and Putin cronies.
https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-ju ... ice-undone

If you have an extremely biased jury foreperson against the defendant, how can you have a fair trial?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm In case anyone hasn’t read/heard it, this was the jury foreperson in the Roger Stone trial:
She referred to the President with a hashtag of “klanpresident” and spoke out against “Trump and the white supremacist racists.” She posted about how she and others protested outside a Trump hotel and shouted, “Shame, shame, shame!” When profanities were projected on the Trump hotel, she exclaimed on Jan. 13, 2018, “Gotta love it.” On March 24, 2019, she shared a Facebook post — no longer public — while calling attention to “the numerous indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions of people in 45’s inner-circle.”

More worrisome are her direct references to Stone, including a retweeted post, in January 2019, from Bakari Sellers, again raising racist associations and stating that “Roger Stone has y’all talking about reviewing use of force guidelines.” She also described Trump supporters such as Stone as racists and Putin cronies.

If you have an extremely biased jury foreperson against the defendant, how can you have a fair trial?
For a nothing burger, you guys continue to be willing players in this thread.

In another couple weeks, Stone will have been completely exonerated and considered a fellow crime fighter along with Rudy.

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm In case anyone hasn’t read/heard it, this was the jury foreperson in the Roger Stone trial:

In another couple weeks, Stone will have been completely exonerated and considered a fellow crime fighter along with Rudy.

Wait ... did something happen?

Have we found the collusion with Russians to throw the election yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:35 pm
kalm wrote:

No.

And Bill Clinton isn’t a serial philanderer.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:35 pm Wait ... did something happen?

No.

One of those is a conspiracy theory and the other is not.

What is it with the short circuit in critical thinking with some of you?

Reek already had his epic faceplant on this hill ... are you looking to pick up the flag and carry on in his stead?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:19 pm
kalm wrote:
No.

One of those is a conspiracy theory and the other is not.

Reek already had his epic faceplant on this hill ... are you looking to pick up the flag and carry on in his stead?

The financials involving Wilbur Ross, the Bank of Cyprus, and Trumps own son talking about their loans from Russians (when Western banks had stopped lending to him) because “Russians love golf” have just a slight smell of corruption.

Regardless of the outcome of the Mueller investigation Trump’s association to oligarchs ain’t exactly a stretch.

Clinton admitted to having an affair with Lewinsky but was never convicted by the senate. Therefore, his other escapades are just a conspiracy theory, no?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:19 pm One of those is a conspiracy theory and the other is not.

The financials involving Wilbur Ross, the Bank of Cyprus, and Trumps own son talking about their loans from Russians (when Western banks had stopped lending to him) because “Russians love golf” have just a slight smell of corruption.

Regardless of the outcome of the Mueller investigation Trump’s association to oligarchs ain’t exactly a stretch.

Clinton admitted to having an affair with Lewinsky but was never convicted by the senate. Therefore, his other escapades are just a conspiracy theory, no?
Well then maybe you should start a thread about it there, Columbo

mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

*YAWN*
Go Black Bears!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Finally! Resolution on the question of whether system images given to the FBI by Crowdstrike were enough to determine Russian hacking. No.

This applies to the Ukraine hoax as well. A twofer.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Can you post a damn link? Tried google and conservativetreehouse... but, didn't see anything.

And, for the 11 billionth time - the attribution to Russian intelligence wasn't based solely on the server images.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:12 pm Can you post a damn link? Tried google and conservativetreehouse... but, didn't see anything.

And, for the 11 billionth time - the attribution to Russian intelligence wasn't based solely on the server images.
Before the link, what outside of the server images was there?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... ey-wanted/
If Crowdstrike gave the FBI any data it was drive images (we don’t even know which ones). This did not include memory dumps, network pocket captures, firewall activity, etc. This type of data is crucial and should have been examined in real-time by the FBI. If indeed any drive images were given to the FBI, these would have been contaminated because they continued to use these drives for weeks after the alleged hack.

Crowd Strike was completely wrong (most likely intentionally) about the Russian hack of the Ukrainian Artillery allegation. And we know for a fact that they used the same forensic techniques to reach that conclusion as they did on the DNC hack
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:35 pm

I guess from time to time we need to be reminded that Mueller did not attempt to answer the question of whether there was any kind of collusion between anybody in the Trump campaign and the Russians but instead looked into whether or not there was a conspiracy to work with the Russians on two specific efforts. And from time to time we need to be reminded that Trump's campaign director shared private polling data on key midwestern States with a guy with connections to Russian intelligence but Mueller's team could not say whether or not they cooperated with respect to the aforementioned specific efforts because they did not know if the polling data were used and, if they were used, how they were used.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Now for the reason I came to this thread. Once again we're hearing the Republicans say that it doesn't make sense for the Russians to want Trump to win because of some specific things like providing arms to Ukraine, etc.

But there is a bigger picture. Trump has publicly advocated changing the G-7 back to the G-8 by letting Russia back into the group. Also, Trump has created a situation in which our European Allies no longer have confidence in US leadership. It's pretty darned easy to see some reasons why the Russians would like to see him stay in office.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

The Russians win everytime a JSO or Jelly person gets all up in arms over whether Russia may be rooting for a particular candidate, whether it be Trump or Sanders, to win. Newsflash, we as the US almost always have a preference for a candidate in any other countries' elections to win. So does basically every country. This is what has always made this just the most recent Red Scare and what caused Jelly to slink away from the message boards for months after being duped by it all. All Russia has to do is just exist and we'll have alarmists and chicken-littles here, with their own political agendas, claiming the end is near. Such lemmings.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:18 am The Russians win everytime a JSO or Jelly person gets all up in arms over whether Russia may be rooting for a particular candidate, whether it be Trump or Sanders, to win. Newsflash, we as the US almost always have a preference for a candidate in any other countries' elections to win. So does basically every country. This is what has always made this just the most recent Red Scare and what caused Jelly to slink away from the message boards for months after being duped by it all. All Russia has to do is just exist and we'll have alarmists and chicken-littles here, with their own political agendas, claiming the end is near. Such lemmings.
Are you a Trump man or Sanders fan? I'm a Trump guy myself. :nod: :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

mainejeff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:11 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:18 am The Russians win everytime a JSO or Jelly person gets all up in arms over whether Russia may be rooting for a particular candidate, whether it be Trump or Sanders, to win. Newsflash, we as the US almost always have a preference for a candidate in any other countries' elections to win. So does basically every country. This is what has always made this just the most recent Red Scare and what caused Jelly to slink away from the message boards for months after being duped by it all. All Russia has to do is just exist and we'll have alarmists and chicken-littles here, with their own political agendas, claiming the end is near. Such lemmings.
I stay clear of the over 70 crowd - I'm voting for Buttigeg if he's still in the race by the time it comes around to PA.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:27 pm
mainejeff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:11 pm

I stay clear of the over 70 crowd - I'm voting for Buttigeg if he's still in the race by the time it comes around to PA.
If only Buttplug wasn't gay.... :ohno:
Go Black Bears!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Great post.

BTW, see any irony in the msm using the Russia smear against Bernie now instead of Trump? :lol:
Won't be the only "anti-Trump" tactic they use to oust Bernie from the primary lead. :nod:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It's not a smear. It's the truth. And, I say that as a Bernie supporter.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:19 am It's not a smear. It's the truth. And, I say that as a Bernie supporter.
It's a smear when it's used to say it's a bad thing, and we interfere in our own elections when we really get concerned over whether Russia would favor one candidate over another. They have ALWAYS favored one candidate over another as long as they've existed and we've existed. It's not an alarm bell and we shouldn't greatly react to this, but of course we do because we want to smear our own domestic political opponents as much as possible in the name of winning elections. Both sides do it, and it's to our detriment that we do. The fact that the "truth" that the Russians could prefer Trump on the GOP side and Bernie on the Dem side should not have been something leaked out of the intelligence community and should not have been leapt on by politicians (and message board denizens) as some Defcon 1 alarm bell. But, Red Scares make folks do some strange things, eh? :rofl:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It not just that they prefer one candidate or another. It's their active measure campaigns, including hacking the DNC and RNC, that is a concern. I'm not sure why we should just shrug our shoulders and ignore it.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:02 am It not just that they prefer one candidate or another. It's their active measure campaigns, including hacking the DNC and RNC, that is a concern. I'm not sure why we should just shrug our shoulders and ignore it.
There's plenty of ground between ignoring it and being convinced that certain candidates are basically proxy candidates for Putin. You of all people should be aware of the dangers of lurching so suddenly to that extreme. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:02 am It not just that they prefer one candidate or another. It's their active measure campaigns, including hacking the DNC and RNC, that is a concern. I'm not sure why we should just shrug our shoulders and ignore it.
Because Obama said the 80's wanted their foreign policy back. Are we to just assume Obama was an oaf and allowed Russia to go from a joke to #1 enemy.

What did he do to mess it up so badly?