2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Political discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by 93henfan »

Pwns wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:04 pm Amy is out.

The DNC full-court press to stop Bernie is on.

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

At this point, it's almost completely unlikely that Bernie will have enough delegates for an uncontested convention, and yet he will almost certainly be the far and away winner of the plurality of delegates going into the convention. Will the Democratic Party be able to survive depriving Bernie of the nomination in two straight elections? This circling the wagons of the Democratic establishment in the runup to Super Tuesday is astonishing to watch, especially considering that in some places, with the early voting, it may not even make much of a difference. Milwaukee in mid July is going to be amazing for political junkies.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

But...but...but it’s a Movement! :shit:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:52 pm At this point, it's almost completely unlikely that Bernie will have enough delegates for an uncontested convention, and yet he will almost certainly be the far and away winner of the plurality of delegates going into the convention. Will the Democratic Party be able to survive depriving Bernie of the nomination in two straight elections? This circling the wagons of the Democratic establishment in the runup to Super Tuesday is astonishing to watch, especially considering that in some places, with the early voting, it may not even make much of a difference. Milwaukee in mid July is going to be amazing for political junkies.
:nod:

My wife literally sealed up her mail in ballot like an hour before the Booty announcement was made. Since she voted for Booty, I asked if she wants to rip it up and choose someone else, she said "No, I really don't like anyone else." :lol:

I'm voting for Bernie in the primary because I want to see complete chaos at the convention. :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:nod: Shit just got real for Bernie and his bros. :lol:
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

Pete is now endorsing Biden as well.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

It’s a conspiracy, I tell you! :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:12 pmI'm voting for Bernie in the primary because I want to see complete chaos at the convention. :nod:
That's the spirit! Bern the motherf*cker down. :nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:12 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:52 pm At this point, it's almost completely unlikely that Bernie will have enough delegates for an uncontested convention, and yet he will almost certainly be the far and away winner of the plurality of delegates going into the convention. Will the Democratic Party be able to survive depriving Bernie of the nomination in two straight elections? This circling the wagons of the Democratic establishment in the runup to Super Tuesday is astonishing to watch, especially considering that in some places, with the early voting, it may not even make much of a difference. Milwaukee in mid July is going to be amazing for political junkies.

My wife literally sealed up her mail in ballot like an hour before the Booty announcement was made. Since she voted for Booty, I asked if she wants to rip it up and choose someone else, she said "No, I really don't like anyone else." :lol:

I'm voting for Bernie in the primary because I want to see complete chaos at the convention. :nod:
The PA primary isn't until May 15th, by which time my vote in the Democratic primary will likely no longer matter. I'd have a hard time voting for Biden, Bernie, or Bloomburg. I was voting for Pete to cast my vote for someone who would be under the age of 78 when possibly taking office in January. For reference, Pope Francis was only 76 when he became Pope. So young. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:25 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:12 pmI'm voting for Bernie in the primary because I want to see complete chaos at the convention. :nod:
That's the spirit! Bern the motherf*cker down. :nod:
:nod: An epic down ballot loss in the general election in Nov that a Bernie ticket will likely result for the DNC will mean they will have to purge the Marxist bullshit, or risk completely being irrelevant on the national stage for a while. At least that is my hope anyways. No other way the DNC will ever have my vote for a meaningful election otherwise
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:25 pm It’s a conspiracy, I tell you! :lol:
It's almost like these dropouts were planned. 8-)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:30 pm

The PA primary isn't until May 15th, by which time my vote in the Democratic primary will likely no longer matter. I'd have a hard time voting for Biden, Bernie, or Bloomburg. I was voting for Pete to cast my vote for someone who would be under the age of 78 when possibly taking office in January. For reference, Pope Francis was only 76 when he became Pope. So young. :lol:
Oh don't get me wrong, these DNC front runners have no chance at my vote in November. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

How can one say this when there's been a grand total of four primaries to date? You need 1991 delegates to win the nomination.

At this point Bernie has SIXTY. Biden has 54. There are 3979 available. You're calling a contested convention with literally 2% of the vote in?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:18 pm
How can one say this when there's been a grand total of four primaries to date? You need 1991 delegates to win the nomination.

At this point Bernie has SIXTY. Biden has 54. There are 3979 available. You're calling a contested convention with literally 2% of the vote in?
Because the DNC primaries are proportional votes. So unless Biden or Bernie drops out, they (and the other candidates) will keep splitting up the delegates in each primary so one of them will enter the convention with a plurality and not a majority. At that point all hell breaks loose and the super delegates likely decide the nominee (biden) on the 2nd go around.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:30 pm

The Delaware primary is in April. If I had stayed in the GOP, I would probably have voted for Weld if he was still around.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Actual photo of Cuban refugees paddling their rafts from Miami back to Cuba, to take advantage of Castro's amazing literacy program.

Thank you Bernie CastroImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Well, that and the likely outcomes of the votes tomorrow when more than 1/3 of the delegates are up. Even fivethirtyeight moved the chances of a contested convention to 60% now following SC. I don't know if it's ever been that high.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Our country deserves Bernie

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Yep and good post, Ganny. Establishment Dems hate him almost as much as Trump.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Because the DNC primaries are proportional votes. So unless Biden or Bernie drops out, they (and the other candidates) will keep splitting up the delegates in each primary so one of them will enter the convention with a plurality and not a majority. At that point all hell breaks loose and the super delegates likely decide the nominee (biden) on the 2nd go around.
Still think one of them is getting 2,000.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:53 pm Actual photo of Cuban refugees paddling their rafts from Miami back to Cuba, to take advantage of Castro's amazing literacy program.

Thank you Bernie CastroImage

Clearly a pic of a Flathead Lake. The Big Fork California libs are are hiding in their art galleries.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:41 am Looks like Amy is about ready to fold her big tent. Cancelling an event in her home state.
Is Warren about to take down her tee-pee?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Klam I'm going to unfriend you on Facebook.........

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

As long as Mini Mike isn't elected, I don't really give a fuck who wins in November. None are good choices, but Bloomberg would be truly awful.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-