Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:21 pm Klam I'm going to unfriend you on Facebook.........

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

:lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

These Sanders people are almost as bad as Trump people.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:16 pm These Sanders people are almost as bad as Trump people.
:nod:
Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:16 pm These Sanders people are almost as bad as Trump people.
Lol. “Almost”.

It’s not “Trump” people who are advocating for gulags and reeducation camps when their candidate gets elected. It’s not Trump people who are violently self-righteous and demanding that you agree lockstep with every single position of their candidate or you’ll be verbally abused, assaulted and beaten into submission....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:59 pm
Lol. “Almost”.

It’s not “Trump” people who are advocating for gulags and reeducation camps when their candidate gets elected. It’s not Trump people who are violently self-righteous and demanding that you agree lockstep with every single position of their candidate or you’ll be verbally abused, assaulted and beaten into submission....
Trump people don't advocate for gulags. But they are like cult members with respect to their Dear Leader.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Lol. “Almost”.

You’re sounding like the Never Bernie Dems now. Congrats!

:rofl:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Trump predictably doubling down on his claim that the Donk primaries are rigged against Bernie. He’s starting to sweat.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:13 pm

Lol. “Almost”.

You’re sounding like the Never Bernie Dems now. Congrats!

:rofl:
Bernie’s supporters are dangerous. They’re “true believers”....at least 90% of Trump voters hold their nose as they vote for him...not so for the Bernie faithful....
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:25 pm Trump predictably doubling down on his claim that the Donk primaries are rigged against Bernie. He’s starting to sweat.
He’s right. It IS rigged...and I don’t think he’s sweating. He’s pompous enough to think he’ll swamp whomever they put up as a challenger...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Lol. “Almost”.

Trump people don't advocate for gulags. But they are like cult members with respect to their Dear Leader.
John, I know a LOT of people who voted for Trump. Not a single one is “cult like”. In fact, the vast majority have major issues with him, his behavior, and his history, but STILL understand he’s the one who’s going to do the least amount of damage to this country in the next four years...thus, they’ll hold their noses and vote for him again.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So the DNC is throwing their weight behind this guy: Good luck with that. :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:25 pm Trump predictably doubling down on his claim that the Donk primaries are rigged against Bernie. He’s starting to sweat.
You don't think they're rigged against Sanders.. :suspicious:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:13 pm So the DNC is throwing their weight behind this guy: Good luck with that. :rofl:
:dunce: :rofl:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Is that Joe Biden? Or the other Biden? Lol
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:19 pm
You don't think they're rigged against Sanders.. :suspicious:
Maybe. I don’t really care. If the are rigged, the net result will be that the leftist activists will largely sit out the election, which might just hand victory to Trump again. But Trump is quite capable of blowing it to Sleepy Joe.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Biden, taking the microphone after O'Rourke spoke, then announced, "I want to make something clear -- I'm gonna guarantee you, this is not the last you're seeing of this guy -- you're gonna take care of the gun problem with me, you're gonna be the one who leads this effort. I'm counting on you, I'm counting on you, we need you badly."
Yep. That’s gonna get a ton of votes. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:14 pm
Biden, taking the microphone after O'Rourke spoke, then announced, "I want to make something clear -- I'm gonna guarantee you, this is not the last you're seeing of this guy -- you're gonna take care of the gun problem with me, you're gonna be the one who leads this effort. I'm counting on you, I'm counting on you, we need you badly."
Yeah, the gun problem that’s killed 150 million people in the US since 2007.. :rofl:

At the rate Biden’s dementia seems to be increasing, I’m not sure if he’ll be that much harder for Trump to beat than Sanders. Heck, by the time this fall rolls around, if Biden was in a debate, he’d forget where he was at, what the date was..
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:50 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:14 pm

Yeah, the gun problem that’s killed 150 million people in the US since 2007.. :rofl:

At the rate Biden’s dementia seems to be increasing, I’m not sure if he’ll be that much harder for Trump to beat than Sanders. Heck, by the time this fall rolls around, if Biden was in a debate, he’d forget where he was at, what the date was..
In other words, he’d be Admiral Stockdale.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Sleepy Joe can beat Trump. The negros turn out in droves for Biden. Could bring Ohio and Georgia back in play for the Dems and outright take MI and PA.

The Dems finally got this revelation on Saturday. Bernie is done now.

Nate Silver has it Biden 1,740 delegates to Bernie's 1,362 now and you know Bernie stands no chance in a contested convention.

The Bernie Bros will be pissed for a couple of days and then still vote for Biden. I don't get all the CNN pearl clutching about a contested convention

The real victory here is that Bloomberg will not be the candidate. :clap: whew. I get to keep my guns (inside my home).
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:03 am Sleepy Joe can beat Trump. The negros turn out in droves for Biden. Could bring Ohio and Georgia back in play for the Dems and outright take MI and PA.

The Dems finally got this revelation on Saturday. Bernie is done now.

Nate Silver has it Biden 1,740 delegates to Bernie's 1,362 now and you know Bernie stands no chance in a contested convention.

The Bernie Bros will be pissed for a couple of days and then still vote for Biden. I don't get all the CNN pearl clutching about a contested convention

The real victory here is that Bloomberg will not be the candidate. :clap: whew. I get to keep my guns (inside my home).
And when Obama gets off his royal entitled ass and endorses his former Veep, watch that minority turnout spike.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

He's not going to endorse until there's a winner.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Of course. The same way he always operates. Not a risk taker. Just like he “evolved” on gay marriage.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Lol. “Almost”.

Now don't overexcite yourself and take the vapors, Mildred.

I'll be looking for you at the re-education camps; word to the wise: I'll be grading your recitations of the Thoughts of Chairman Bernie on the delivery. I want to see revolutionary zeal on display, delivered with conviction. Do that and I may be able to find you an early out if we can find a way to finesse the banker history.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:54 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:50 am

In other words, he’d be Admiral Stockdale.
He's getting there
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:03 amNate Silver has it Biden 1,740 delegates to Bernie's 1,362 now and you know Bernie stands no chance in a contested convention.

The Bernie Bros will be pissed for a couple of days and then still vote for Biden.
The media is the only one painting this narrative that the DNC is divided. Poll after poll shows that they'll unite around whoever the candidate is, except for Bloomberg 'cause there's not a lot of good data on that yet (I wouldn't vote for him).

That said, it'd be quite a mockery if Sanders wins a plurality of delegates and isn't the nominee. Biden would still get my vote, but no donations or canvassing or whatever.