dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Where are the Masks?

Post by dbackjon »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... fe/608428/

Our health-care professionals are fighting for us, but we’re not giving them the equipment they need to succeed.

It’s like going to war with a butter knife.” That’s the description one physician in New York City offered for how he and his colleagues are trying to suppress the coronavirus, even as they deal with dwindling stocks of health-care supplies and personal protective equipment.

Over the past two days, I’ve talked with 22 health-care professionals, almost all of whom used metaphors and analogies usually reserved for combat movies. They are “soldiers” on the “front lines” and in the “trenches” fighting a “war” against a terrifying new “enemy” that is growing exponentially. But we’re failing these soldiers, sending them into battle without the weapons and armor they need to win.

A New York City emergency-room physician echoed that sentiment. “We are flying blind right now.” She pointed to the lack of testing kits available in the United States. South Korea, a country of 51 million, has aggressively tested more than 270,000 people. By contrast, the United States, which often boasts about being the most powerful country in the world, has tested only about 82,000. She said the turnaround time to obtain results for the very few tests she has on hand is about three days.

Health-care workers often don’t have access to the testing kits that magically appear for celebrities and politicians. They are running out of the life-saving medical supplies they need to do their jobs.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Where are the Masks?

Post by dbackjon »

Almost every health-care professional I interviewed criticized the government’s lack of preparedness. “The biggest mistake we’ve made is that we awakened to this problem too late,” said the New York emergency-room doctor. “We had three months of warning from China and then Europe, and we didn’t take it seriously.”
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Politicians make for terrible emergency preparedness coordinators.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Why anyone would depend on government to fix anything is beyond me.

You have to be an inept dumbass to think they can take care of you or anyone else

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 am Politicians make for terrible emergency preparedness coordinators.
Especially when they ignore the advice of the previous admin, close global pandemic offices, lay off/refuse to fill vacancies at the CDC, and are more concerned about the Stock Market/image than actually helping Americans.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 am Almost every health-care professional I interviewed criticized the government’s lack of preparedness. “The biggest mistake we’ve made is that we awakened to this problem too late,” said the New York emergency-room doctor. “We had three months of warning from China and then Europe, and we didn’t take it seriously.”
Not even remotely true. But nice propaganda.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 am Almost every health-care professional I interviewed criticized the government’s lack of preparedness. “The biggest mistake we’ve made is that we awakened to this problem too late,” said the New York emergency-room doctor. “We had three months of warning from China and then Europe, and we didn’t take it seriously.”
Bullshit. The Chinese lied, obfuscated and covered up, disappeared people up for at least a month until the end of Dec/beginning of January. Had more like a month warning. 1st KNOWN cases in the US in Jan (and were probably earlier). Trump shutdown travel from China in late Jan, despite the libtards such as yourself screaming racist, racist!.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:36 am https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... fe/608428/

Our health-care professionals are fighting for us, but we’re not giving them the equipment they need to succeed.

It’s like going to war with a butter knife.” That’s the description one physician in New York City offered for how he and his colleagues are trying to suppress the coronavirus, even as they deal with dwindling stocks of health-care supplies and personal protective equipment.

Over the past two days, I’ve talked with 22 health-care professionals, almost all of whom used metaphors and analogies usually reserved for combat movies. They are “soldiers” on the “front lines” and in the “trenches” fighting a “war” against a terrifying new “enemy” that is growing exponentially. But we’re failing these soldiers, sending them into battle without the weapons and armor they need to win.

A New York City emergency-room physician echoed that sentiment. “We are flying blind right now.” She pointed to the lack of testing kits available in the United States. South Korea, a country of 51 million, has aggressively tested more than 270,000 people. By contrast, the United States, which often boasts about being the most powerful country in the world, has tested only about 82,000. She said the turnaround time to obtain results for the very few tests she has on hand is about three days.

Health-care workers often don’t have access to the testing kits that magically appear for celebrities and politicians. They are running out of the life-saving medical supplies they need to do their jobs.
Using WHO kits that at least initially had an extremely high rate of false negatives. The CDC attempted to develop their own more accurate, but more technical kits, but they f'ed up. If we had an extra months warning (thanks China) wouldn't be in the predicament we are now.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:27 am
Not even remotely true. But nice propaganda.
Well, he's on a roll..
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Many were sold to Chinese and Korean entrepreneur's before it hit the USA.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

I’d like to know how we had “3 months warning” from China...when on Jan 14th, the WHO said the Wuhan Virus was not transmittable between humans...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:50 am I’d like to know how we had “3 months warning” from China...when on Jan 14th, the WHO said the Wuhan Virus was not transmittable between humans...
Bro. The libs aren't going to let an opportunity to bash Trump pass them by. You should check out their handlers on CNN. It's pretty entertaining.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:59 am Many were sold to Chinese and Korean entrepreneur's before it hit the USA.
True that. I know my company (multiple sites in the US and abroad) actually had mask collection drives in order to send to our Chinese employees during their time of need. Probably should've held onto those masks now in retrospect.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BDKJMU wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:27 am Not even remotely true. But nice propaganda.
Well, he's on a troll..
FIFY

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Where are the masks? The dipshit sheeple donks all went out and bought them and toilet paper en masse.
And yet this is somehow the government’s fault. Although I guess they could have predicted how the fucking donks would react.
Fucking retards.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:38 pm Where are the masks? The dipshit sheeple donks all went out and bought them and toilet paper en masse.
And yet this is somehow the government’s fault. Although I guess they could have predicted how the fucking donks would react.
Fucking retards.
You're really blaming the toilet paper and mask shortage on liberals only? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You fucking MAGAtards are going down as the dumbest fucks in American history. :nod: :thumb:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:33 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:38 pm Where are the masks? The dipshit sheeple donks all went out and bought them and toilet paper en masse.
Fucking retards.
You're really blaming the toilet paper and mask shortage on liberals only? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You fucking MAGAtards are going down as the dumbest fucks in American history. :nod: :thumb:

Sometimes the truth hurts, MJ. It’s the donks that look to government to solve their problems. It’s the donks who panic at the slightest fart in the wind. It’s the idiot donks who, in time of crisis, choose TOILET PAPER to hoard. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm
mainejeff wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Sometimes the truth hurts, MJ. It’s the donks that look to government to solve their problems. It’s the donks who panic at the slightest fart in the wind. It’s the idiot donks who, in time of crisis, choose TOILET PAPER to hoard. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah....OK. :loser:
Go Black Bears!
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:33 pm You're really blaming the toilet paper and mask shortage on liberals only? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You fucking MAGAtards are going down as the dumbest fucks in American history. :nod: :thumb:

You nailed it AZ.

We already have TP, masks and guns stocked up because we work and take care of ourselves.

The shitbag liberals need somebody cradle to grave. No skills just hands out

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm Sometimes the truth hurts, MJ. It’s the donks that look to government to solve their problems. It’s the donks who panic at the slightest fart in the wind. It’s the idiot donks who, in time of crisis, choose TOILET PAPER to hoard. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah....OK. :loser:
Who's the loser?

The guy not wanting handouts and a participation trophy?

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

1941: Went from a puny military to having the most powerful one on Earth in no time.

2020: Can't make pieces of cloth to cover health care worker's mouths to deal with a pandemic.

#ThanksGlobalism
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

How's that Wall coming along?

Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

The Chinese make the masks

The fact that the Chinese make the masks and can withhold them is a problem of our own making and it is one that has been cheered on by Republican and Democrat alike

- “let’s allow them in our markets so their middle class will grow and force them to liberalize”

That was our foreign policy on China since 1960 and now here we are

The masks are in China - they have pit production into overdrive and they are not exporting them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 pm How's that Wall coming along?

:lol: :lol:

Still trying to figure out why a shortage of masks is the government’s fault.