Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Positives from Covid-19

Post by Winterborn »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Record low adjusted for inflation. I lived through 39cent gas in the 70's.
AND it was leaded. Not this gluten-free shit we have today. :king:
We still run leaded gas in our vintage snowmobiles and some other 2-stroke engines. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

AshevilleApp wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Record low? Are you really 22?

I can buy that. :nod: I remember 29 cent gas as a kid and a free glass with 10 gallons purchased.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:45 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:26 am

I was eating like garbage and eating out too often. This has been a good reset.

Just finished a 45 minute walk to the post office and around my neighborhood. :thumb:
GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!
There's a guy in the neighborhood who plays catch with his sons every afternoon and he does it while on a conference call. Love the multi-tasking.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:04 am As for the good stuff, traffic is great, I've cut at least 10 minutes off my 50 minute drive each direction, so that's an extra 20 minutes per day. The wife is home so she's not driving (gas savings and EZ pass savings) and the kids not being able to play any sports means I'm saving a boat load of cash on not buying equipment and fees and so on.

And we got lucky and got 2 puppies back on March 9th, just before the schools shuttered on March 12th where I am. Ended up being the best time to get puppies, as now the whole family (except me, still working here) get to be home all day with the pups. Did the same as we had before, we got a Border Collie puppy and a Golden Retriever puppy, and these guys are 5 days apart in age. My first Border Collie I had named Gannon, so in keeping with a tradition of calling the Border Collie after former Blue Hen QB's I went with Scully with this puppy - Rick Scully was the QB of the Blue Hen team that lost to EKU in the 1982 I-AA title game and was the first QB I ever really remember watching growing up (I was 9 when he played). But like I said, a great time to have puppies and a great thing to come back home to after long days.
My cat's name is Schoenhoft. He never hits the litter pan.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:44 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:04 am As for the good stuff, traffic is great, I've cut at least 10 minutes off my 50 minute drive each direction, so that's an extra 20 minutes per day. The wife is home so she's not driving (gas savings and EZ pass savings) and the kids not being able to play any sports means I'm saving a boat load of cash on not buying equipment and fees and so on.

And we got lucky and got 2 puppies back on March 9th, just before the schools shuttered on March 12th where I am. Ended up being the best time to get puppies, as now the whole family (except me, still working here) get to be home all day with the pups. Did the same as we had before, we got a Border Collie puppy and a Golden Retriever puppy, and these guys are 5 days apart in age. My first Border Collie I had named Gannon, so in keeping with a tradition of calling the Border Collie after former Blue Hen QB's I went with Scully with this puppy - Rick Scully was the QB of the Blue Hen team that lost to EKU in the 1982 I-AA title game and was the first QB I ever really remember watching growing up (I was 9 when he played). But like I said, a great time to have puppies and a great thing to come back home to after long days.
Yeah, Schoenhoft, Postelweight, and Webster were automatic no's for me, that and Komlo (ex-con thing disqualified him). I almost went with Vergantino (would shorten it and call him "Tino") but decided it ending in the "no" sound could be confusing during training. Scully works fine.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Yeah, Schoenhoft, Postelweight, and Webster were automatic no's for me, that and Komlo (ex-con thing disqualified him). I almost went with Vergantino (would shorten it and call him "Tino") but decided it ending in the "no" sound could be confusing during training. Scully works fine.
*Postlethwait

That's a common surname in Slower Delaware.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:03 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm

*Postlethwait

I knew I misspelled it, I just didn't want to give him any more of my time to get his name spelled correctly - I'm still pissed off that he sucked as bad as he did.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:21 pm
93henfan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:03 pm

*Postlethwait

I knew I misspelled it, I just didn't want to give him any more of my time to get his name spelled correctly - I'm still pissed off that he sucked as bad as he did.
I know you are, which is pretty obvious by how much (whether you realize it or not) you hold grudges against other Delaware talent, like Nolan Henderson and Will Knight. :lol: At least you finally came around on Henderson about five weeks after I did. :D

When I saw Kehoe throwing those rainbow lollipops in Game 1 last year I wanted him to get the hook IMMEDIATELY. I was a Henderson fan by five minutes into game 1.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AshevilleApp wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Record low? Are you really 22?

I think Asheville is right. I remember 80 cents a gallon in Harrisonburg around late 99'/early 2000'. Heck, in PA now paying almost that much in taxes..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

:lol:

(That was the Ohio State guy that came after Flacco, right?)
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm

I think Asheville is right. I remember 80 cents a gallon in Harrisonburg around late 99'/early 2000'. Heck, in PA now paying almost that much in taxes..
Yeah, it was .99/gal in California in 1999 when I was at Camp Pendleton. When it's under a buck in California, that's cheap. Plus, there was no need to use A/C or heat in N San Diego County, so my electric bill varied from $18 to $22 a month. $22 was a bad month. Those were the days.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:22 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm
Yeah, it was .99/gal in California in 1999 when I was at Camp Pendleton. When it's under a buck in California, that's cheap. Plus, there was no need to use A/C or heat in N San Diego County, so my electric bill varied from $18 to $22 a month. $22 was a bad month. Those were the days.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I've lost 4 lbs since working from home, probably from drinking less but also the lack of snacking or office lunches.

I'd also say it's too early to tell if WFH is less efficient. Even it is, it could simply be that employees/employers are still getting used to it.

One a side note, Governor Northam shut gyms down, so mine is setting up equipment in the parking lot with each station being 10 feet apart. It's still limited to 10 people, so each member can sign up for a time slot per day (limited to 1 hour). Apparently staff will "deep clean" every station (whatever that means) anytime somebody stops using it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Was just out picking up beer from my local breweries and saw $1.99 in Rockville!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:50 pm Was just out picking up beer from my local breweries and saw $1.99 in Rockville!
Don't go back.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:50 pm Was just out picking up beer from my local breweries and saw $1.99 in Rockville!
It’s $1.58 down the street...but a few miles west it’s down to $1.19...per Gas Buddy...

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:39 pm I've lost 4 lbs since working from home, probably from drinking less but also the lack of snacking or office lunches.

I'd also say it's too early to tell if WFH is less efficient. Even it is, it could simply be that employees/employers are still getting used to it.

One a side note, Governor Northam shut gyms down, so mine is setting up equipment in the parking lot with each station being 10 feet apart. It's still limited to 10 people, so each member can sign up for a time slot per day (limited to 1 hour). Apparently staff will "deep clean" every station (whatever that means) anytime somebody stops using it.
What the heck happened to jogging, push-ups and sit-ups?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:19 pm
Don't go back.
Yeah, you'll waste another year.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
99 cents in Charleston in the same time frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Most of us are going to get some money out of it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

We're number 1! Most reported cases in the world. Gosh. Trump is going a GREAT job. That travel ban REALLY saved the day!
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:46 pm We're number 1! Most reported cases in the world. Gosh. Trump is going a GREAT job. That travel ban REALLY saved the day!
China quit testing. :dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Less cunts to deal with except for at the grocery store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Most of us are going to get some money out of it.
You are being bribed. They are paying you to let them steal again

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:46 pm We're number 1! Most reported cases in the world. Gosh. Trump is going a GREAT job. That travel ban REALLY saved the day!
He's doing more than Hillary.