A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:37 am
dbackjon wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 am

On the Flipside...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/us/calif ... index.html
What California is doing right in responding to the coronavirus pandemic

De Blasio needs to be raked over the coals.
Agree CA leadership is nowhere near as shitty as NYC's and the early stay at home orders played a large part in it, but this article is a fluff piece. No mention of the 4200 ventilators the state was sitting on and couldn't use because of lack of maintenance. Thankfully private companies came through (yay capitalism). And this statement is completely false:
There are "no longer any limits" on who can apply to be tested, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Monday, explaining that the county is scrapping prerequisites such as being older than 65, underlying medical conditions and weakened immune systems.
At least here in Sac, you can't get tested unless you are showing symptoms.
The article mentions the testing for anyone who wants it is only for Los Angeles county. I admit, I'm a little rusty when it comes to geography of CA, but isn't Sacramento a little north of and not considered part of Los Angeles county? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:44 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:37 am
Agree CA leadership is nowhere near as shitty as NYC's and the early stay at home orders played a large part in it, but this article is a fluff piece. No mention of the 4200 ventilators the state was sitting on and couldn't use because of lack of maintenance. Thankfully private companies came through (yay capitalism). And this statement is completely false:

At least here in Sac, you can't get tested unless you are showing symptoms.
The article mentions the testing for anyone who wants it is only for Los Angeles county. I admit, I'm a little rusty when it comes to geography of CA, but isn't Sacramento a little north of and not considered part of Los Angeles county? :coffee:
We're a good 450 miles north.

If Sac isn't given testing to anyone who wants it, I have a hard time seeing LA (much more populous) offering it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:58 am
People doing social distancing. Taking it serious. (Well, it appears enough are)
:thumb:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:58 am
Thank you President Trump! :notworthy:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Next will be ‘papers please’ in CA..

CALIFORNIA COUNTY FINING RESIDENTS $1,000 FOR NOT WEARING FACE MASKS IN PUBLIC
https://www.newsweek.com/california-cou ... 6692?amp=1
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:41 pm Next will be ‘papers please’ in CA..

No different from any other 'stupid tax' :coffee:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Shouldn't you change your Avatar to Cali? or is it because everyone already knows it is insane-land?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Silenoz wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:53 pm

I see. :ohno:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

grizzaholic wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Some good news...go Cali!

Good afternoon, here are today's numbers.

1) The trend of a slowing rate of daily increase in infection seems to be taking hold across the globe, with a few exceptions.

2) Russia appears to be accelerating, I'm not following their local news casts so not sure why, but even if I was I wouldn't believe them, but the reported numbers are indicating a quickly accelerating infection rate.

3) There is a cluster is South America that is beginning to look worrisome: Colombia, Chile, Peru & Brazil - they are all starting to post multi day double digit rates of infection increase, when everyone else is decelerating. This is problematic.

4) Nigeria and Niger could be warming up to accelerate too.

5) The Pacific Northwest Continues to utterly hammer the curve, today Governor Inslee said they are disassembling the field hospital that was just erected 4 days ago at Century Link Field in Seattle and are returning it to FEMA because there is no current need for it. Washington fell another spot to 12th Nationally today among states.

6) Washington DC has a BIG Uptick Day.

7) Texas also looks like it might be accelerating.

8) California is starting to act like a sovereign nation state and bulk buying disposable supplies and is going to warehouse them for use both in California and and across the nation starting next month, in anticipation of a second and third wave of this before we get to a vaccine. The first buy they made a contract for 200 million N95 Masks per MONTH. Gov. Newsom has said they will supply first responders in California first then supply the partner states in the Pacific and Mountain West that are participating in this program as "partners", then the rest of the nation. This is the type of thing the US Government through FEMA should be doing. Probably not enough money in to for Jared, so they wont... yes that was uncalled for snark on my part and use Sorry, Not Sorry.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:45 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:44 am

If Sac isn't given testing to anyone who wants it, I have a hard time seeing LA (much more populous) offering it.
In other words, you’re in Montreal compared to where GF is at. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:51 pm
grizzaholic wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:06 pm

1) The trend of a slowing rate of daily increase in infection seems to be taking hold across the globe, with a few exceptions.

2) Russia appears to be accelerating, I'm not following their local news casts so not sure why, but even if I was I wouldn't believe them, but the reported numbers are indicating a quickly accelerating infection rate.

3) There is a cluster is South America that is beginning to look worrisome: Colombia, Chile, Peru & Brazil - they are all starting to post multi day double digit rates of infection increase, when everyone else is decelerating. This is problematic.

5) The Pacific Northwest Continues to utterly hammer the curve, today Governor Inslee said they are disassembling the field hospital that was just erected 4 days ago at Century Link Field in Seattle and are returning it to FEMA because there is no current need for it. Washington fell another spot to 12th Nationally today among states.

8) California is starting to act like a sovereign nation state and bulk buying disposable supplies and is going to warehouse them for use both in California and and across the nation starting next month, in anticipation of a second and third wave of this before we get to a vaccine. The first buy they made a contract for 200 million N95 Masks per MONTH. Gov. Newsom has said they will supply first responders in California first then supply the partner states in the Pacific and Mountain West that are participating in this program as "partners", then the rest of the nation. This is the type of thing the US Government through FEMA should be doing. Probably not enough money in to for Jared, so they wont... yes that was uncalled for snark on my part and use Sorry, Not Sorry.

Hidden in all of this is a clue -

That maybe... just maybe -

The states do better for themselves and we should stop looking for competence from the central government
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:51 pm

Hidden in all of this is a clue -

The states do better for themselves and we should stop looking for competence from the central government
I don’t necessarily disagree, CID. We ain’t changing soon so now is the time for Governors and socially conscious private sector leaders to shine. (Although the threat of monopoly is still present.)

He sent another update but is waiting all the numbers to come in from Europe before he updates the spreadsheet tomorrow. What he did say is Sweden and the UK are “fucked” if the preliminary numbers hold true.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 pm Hidden in all of this is a clue -

I don’t necessarily disagree, CID. We ain’t changing soon so now is the time for Governors and socially conscious private sector leaders to shine. (Although the threat of monopoly is still present.)

He sent another update but is waiting all the numbers to come in from Europe before he updates the spreadsheet tomorrow. What he did say is Sweden and the UK are “fucked” if the preliminary numbers hold true.
It’s a familiar tune, isn’t it?

What works for one state may not work for another

And if you actually like big government, there are states that will accomodate you (and others that won’t)

as it should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:04 am
kalm wrote:

It’s a familiar tune, isn’t it?

And if you actually like big government, there are states that will accomodate you (and others that won’t)

as it should be

Indeed. This all may be scary but also fascinating from a political standpoint.

I asked him if the free state of Idaho is going to be like Sweden and he said at this time it doesn’t look like it.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:18 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:45 am

In other words, you’re in Montreal compared to where GF is at. :lol:
Pretty much.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

All these new rules popping up over the Chinese Flu are basically like speed limit fines. Sure someone somewhere will get busted, but over all not a god damn thing is going to be done/enforced.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by GannonFan »

Schools in PA are now closed for the rest of the academic year. Pretty much saw it coming, no way anyone was going to stick their necks out and have kids go back to school, especially for just the last month.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:04 am It’s a familiar tune, isn’t it?

as it should be

I asked him if the free state of Idaho is going to be like Sweden and he said at this time it doesn’t look like it.
Well Sweden is not/not the same as Idaho

totally different, in fact

Sweden has actual population density

I never thought I would ever talk about population density in Sweden but here we are... because you mentioned Sweden in the same context with Idaho

i feel like I should just retrogress into jokes about Idaho and the Miss Black America Pageant

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:01 am
kalm wrote:

Well Sweden is not/not the same as Idaho

totally different, in fact

Sweden has actual population density

I never thought I would ever talk about population density in Sweden but here we are... because you mentioned Sweden in the same context with Idaho

i feel like I should just retrogress into jokes about Idaho and the Miss Black America Pageant

I was only relating to the social distancing/mitigation tactics. I will admit there are several other key differences.

Spokane- CDA metro areas may be interesting to keep an eye on due to different strategies and close proximity.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

We just got alerted by the city of Overland Park KS
that we should begin immediately with their municipal Wi-Fi project as there is nobody on the streets...
and they've released the funds - we're 100% go

Muni's are starting to figure out that road projects and other such things
are in a "never better than right now" scenario to get rolling

Saint George Utah is figuring that out just now as well... we begin there on May 1st (moved up 4 months)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 am We just got alerted by the city of Overland Park KS
that we should begin immediately with their municipal Wi-Fi project as there is nobody on the streets...

Saint George Utah is figuring that out just now as well... we begin there on May 1st (moved up 4 months)
Agreed - outdoor road construction and other projects are perfect to be done now - they don't involve a lot of close personal contact, and where they do it's not a big deal for these crews to wear masks (which in some cases they do already). And of course with other lockdown things (i.e. no school, work at home for many, etc) there's so few people on the road (my commute to work is easily 15 minutes faster in each direction now). Now's the time to think optimistically and strategically and get some stuff done.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Chizzang wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 am We just got alerted by the city of Overland Park KS

:nod:

None of my projects even contemplated a delayed start date because of this Chinese Flu. The only question has been available staff.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:29 am

Agreed - outdoor road construction and other projects are perfect to be done now - they don't involve a lot of close personal contact, and where they do it's not a big deal for these crews to wear masks (which in some cases they do already). And of course with other lockdown things (i.e. no school, work at home for many, etc) there's so few people on the road (my commute to work is easily 15 minutes faster in each direction now). Now's the time to think optimistically and strategically and get some stuff done.
I hope that happens. Would be good for the company I work for. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein