HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by HI54UNI »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:39 am
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:32 am If schools do online/virtual education every school needs to require that all teachers report to their normal place of work. Generally speaking all teachers have their own classroom so social distancing is pretty easy. Those that don't can spread out in a gymnasium or hallways. Make them do their virtual teaching from the school. No working from home.
Why does it matter where they work if it's virtual?

I'd still rather not expose them to any risk if it's not necessary.
Because there is minimal risk and they should be working from where all their resources are. Plus it is easier for administration to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:28 am If you haven't you should talk to parents about how they are going to keep their jobs if they can't work from home, manage and pay for daycare, and do online learning if schools don't open. The fear and stress is real.
There's also the other side of the coin, where grandparents have been doing daycare. With schoosl opening, they may have to chose to avoid the grandchildren and force the parents to pay for daycare.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 am Are the kids that have died from it hoaxes?

Y'all have been wrong about essentially everything since the beginning of this thread, not sure why you think this will be different.
Covid deaths under 18 = < 100 (magically they lump 14-24 together to increase the numbers)

2017-18 Flu deaths under 18 = 643
2018-19 Flu deaths under 18 = 477

In this case Flu > Covid
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Spot on fiver. The folks that triumph equality are the ones that are going to doom poorer kids this school year.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:20 am Spot on fiver. The folks that triumph equality are the ones that are going to doom poorer kids this school year.
No. The people who are dooming poorer kids have been the politicians, corporations, and citizens not taking the pandemic seriously, consequently dragging our country through the mud instead of allowing science to dictate the day.

It's also a hilarious thing to say considering how much the education system was demonized and defunded before the pandemic.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:25 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:20 am Spot on fiver. The folks that triumph equality are the ones that are going to doom poorer kids this school year.
No. The people who are dooming poorer kids have been the politicians, corporations, and citizens not taking the pandemic seriously, consequently dragging our country through the mud instead of allowing science to dictate the day.

It's also a hilarious thing to say considering how much the education system was demonized and defunded before the pandemic.
Fail and fail. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:33 am

Right and right.

If we had chosen to get the reinfection rate down to a manageable number where track and trace could be effectively used we more than likely wouldn’t be having this discussion. We fucked that up and continue to.

And Fiver’s demonstrates the disregard the right has for educators. It’s a tired, worn out trope. Notice how we don’t see people suggesting that pharmacist consultants, engineers, and mortgage underwriters should be forced to the office where they have all of their resources and can be monitored to make sure they’re working?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

As kids and teachers die, I'm just gonna point to this thread for the rest of our lives when pro-lifers argue anything.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

The CDC recommended kids return to school.

"Believe the exerts" (until we don't like what they say).
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Pwns wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:12 am The CDC recommended kids return to school in areas with low community transmission.

"Believe the exerts" (until we don't like what they say).
Added what they actually say.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... hools.html
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:02 am

As kids and teachers die, I'm just gonna point to this thread for the rest of our lives when pro-lifers argue anything.
:lol: :lol:
Pretty sure the percentage of deaths related to abortions are much higher than the percentage of deaths related to COVID19.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Early study on post recovery effects to the the heart...regardless of symptoms or pre-existing conditions. But it’s just the flu and doesn’t effect very many young healthy people.
Findings In this cohort study including 100 patients recently recovered from COVID-19 identified from a COVID-19 test center, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), which was independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and the time from the original diagnosis
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaca ... le/2768916
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

More fail.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:01 am

More fail.
Teachers Lives Matter!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 am Teachers Lives Matter!
They do in my house. My daughter wants to go back to teaching in person.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:00 am

Right and right.

If we had chosen to get the reinfection rate down to a manageable number where track and trace could be effectively used we more than likely wouldn’t be having this discussion. We fucked that up and continue to.

And Fiver’s demonstrates the disregard the right has for educators. It’s a tired, worn out trope. Notice how we don’t see people suggesting that pharmacist consultants, engineers, and mortgage underwriters should be forced to the office where they have all of their resources and can be monitored to make sure they’re working?
Private sector vs. public sector. And if I had a disregard for educators I wouldn't be on a public school board attempting to deal with this shit. :coffee:

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

89Hen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 am Teachers Lives Matter!
The teachers I know feel the same way. Generally speaking from what I have seen the most vocal against going back are big union shills.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am

The teachers I know feel the same way. Generally speaking from what I have seen the most vocal against going back are big union shills.
Everyone wants to go back to teaching in person. I’d say 70+ % of my teacher friends don’t think it’s safe yet and understand.

There was a school in Georgia last week that had 260 staff members test positive.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:10 am Everyone wants to go back to teaching in person.
Not accurate.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AshevilleApp wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:53 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 am

How many of those deaths were people "that died with COVID" vs people that "died from COVID"? We won't know off hand, and probably won't know years later, if ever. The fact that the hospitals have a financial incentive to classify deaths as "COVID related" gives them a reason to boost numbers, especially since the shutdowns have hurt their bottom lines. :coffee:
How many people actually die from the flu as opposed to the flu complicating existing conditions? We'll never get exact numbers unless everyone has an autopsy. :coffee:
Yup. Yet another reason to open everything back up. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:36 pm With schools opening up, I can't wait to see how people justify the death of children, teens, and young adults.

Grandma's death was for the greater good, and Little Sally's death was for ___________________________.

I'll go with: "my 401K"
I'd be more worried about teachers with high blood pressure and diabetes than kids.
This. It's not that hard to read a graph, it really isn't.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:10 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:02 pm
Oh lord, dramatic much. :roll:

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic and you will return to school one day. This virus is very bad and for now, it's not safe for your teachers and some of your classmates. We also don't want to have people infected in school spread it all around the community."

And seriously, what don't you guys understand? Some kids WILL die. Even more teachers and staff WILL die. People who continue not wearing masks, people who join large indoor gathering, companies who don't take safety seriously, governors who haven't done anything...they are the ones dragging this out when it could have been contained months ago. The blood and depressed economy is on their hands.

The anti-intellectualism, callousness, and dollar-worship is incredibly sad.
A handful, maybe a few dozen, out of 50-60 million school age kids will die of the China Virus.
-Thousands of children die in auto accidents every year.
-Thousands of children die from other accidents & injuries every year.
-Hundreds of children drown every year.
-Dozens to hundreds of kids die of the flu every year.

But you don't stop kids from going to the pool or beach, or riding in cars, or put them in a f'ing bubble to protect them. You can't live your life in a f'ing bubble online.
You left off abortion deaths. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:28 am If you haven't you should talk to parents about how they are going to keep their jobs if they can't work from home, manage and pay for daycare, and do online learning if schools don't open. The fear and stress is real.
But children will die even if there is no data to support that claim. Think of the children!!!!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:nod: