Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 am
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:35 am

Internet rumors - its narrowed down to Kamala Harris and Susan Rice.
Duckworth would be a trifecta - Female, disabled and combat vet. If she were a lesbian or a he-she...even better. :lol:
Quadfecta- Female, disabled and combat vet, and minority (although half Asian/Chinese not as many diversity points as black or brown)..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:59 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 am
Duckworth would be a trifecta - Female, disabled and combat vet. If she were a lesbian or a he-she...even better. :lol:
Quadfecta- Female, disabled and combat vet, and minority (although half Asian/Chinese not as many diversity points as black or brown)..
* Thai Chinese
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:26 am
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:35 am

Internet rumors - its narrowed down to Kamala Harris and Susan Rice.
Ugh.
See? The Donks double down on their stupidity. First they let Biden through the primaries, and now they double down with this shit. :rofl: :rofl:

It’s seriously like watching a train wreck in slow motion....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Ugh.
See? The Donks double down on their stupidity. First they let Biden through the primaries, and now they double down with this shit. :rofl: :rofl:

Good to see it come down to a rogue cop vs. the Lyin’ Queen of Benghazi.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

Ugh.

Remind us again where you stood on Sarah Palin? :lol:

Nothing matters anymore. It's just random shit happening that makes no sense.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Silenoz wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Comparing McCain/Palin to Biden/ANYBODY is like apples and oranges. At least McCain had a semblance of his wits about him. :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4893136/ ... e-facebook

And with that, Joe Jorgensen has lost me. It's one thing to defend the right of companies to fire people at willl, it's another to defend this as a good thing in pursuit of "social justice". What an awful take, and what purpose does it even serve? Trying to get the illiberal left to come and join you?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4893136/ ... e-facebook

And with that, Joe Jorgensen has lost me. It's one thing to defend the right of companies to fire people at willl, it's another to defend this as a good thing in pursuit of "social justice". What an awful take, and what purpose does it even serve? Trying to get the illiberal left to come and join you?
Another pro BLM kook who thinks "All Lives Matter" is racist. Must be trying to siphon votes from the woke left..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:54 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:50 am Yup, no issues with vote by mail. :coffee:

Republican and Swing States are i.e. Florida.
And they'll be rife with voter fraud. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Yeah, everything is fine...

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:35 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:54 am

Republican and Swing States are i.e. Florida.
Trump is all on board with Florida having mail in voting.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:09 am

Trump and his support know it's not looking good, so they might as well sow the seeds of doubt now.

November-January is gonna be a shit show.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I get mail in my mailbox at least once a week that has somebody else's name and address.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

And I get mail at least twice a month addressed to past renters of my Bumpkinville P.O. Box.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Nothing is perfect and no operation is going to run perfectly. We should all have the ability to mail in our votes...but I don't believe we should just be sending out ballots to everyone. There's plenty of time in an election year to have people go their state election commission and request a ballot (which comes with a prepaid return envelope). It shouldn't be sent out to everyone. Request it. Otherwise, go to the polls or don't vote. It's not a perfect solution but it's a start.

I also am in favor of expanding the use of vote by app. We can do our taxes, banking, stock trading, manage health care accounts, all by phone applications and it's extremely secure with various methods and levels of authentication, crypto and security designed to make sure that whoever is trying to access the account has the right to. This is something the states do not have to develop. The Iowa caucus, IIRC, was a mess b/c the app was rushed. But there are companies out there that have been doing this for at least 2 years. The states just need access to the service.

I don't believe we shouldn't do anything new or better simply because someone will try to take advantage of it. That's always going to be the case. That's always been the case. It just means we have to develop better methods and procedures to mitigate/reduce/eliminate the threats and vulnerabilities in an effort to reduce the overall risk. I say this as someone who has been in Information Security / Cyber Security Risk Management for 11 years with both the US Gov't and a major Financial Institution. :twocents: :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:33 am

Trump and his support know it's not looking good, so they might as well sow the seeds of doubt now.

Apples and cumquats. None of those are political. THAT'S how bad the political environment has gotten. :nod: :nod: :nod:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:44 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:33 am

Apples and cumquats. None of those are political. THAT'S how bad the political environment has gotten. :nod: :nod: :nod:
*Kumquat :kisswink:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:47 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:44 am

Not for you, big boy. :kisswink: :kisswink:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:50 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:47 am
Not for you, big boy. :kisswink: :kisswink:
I'm not sure what you have heard but I can assure you it is all lies.

Unless it's a positive about me, then it's true. :kisswink:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:09 am Trump is all on board with Florida having mail in voting.

If Trump wins I predict an orgy of side switching

Hell we might get a 500 page thread on Russians mass mailing ballots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

And it will be rife with voter fraud. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:15 am Nothing is perfect and no operation is going to run perfectly. We should all have the ability to mail in our votes...but I don't believe we should just be sending out ballots to everyone. There's plenty of time in an election year to have people go their state election commission and request a ballot (which comes with a prepaid return envelope). It shouldn't be sent out to everyone. Request it. Otherwise, go to the polls or don't vote. It's not a perfect solution but it's a start.

I also am in favor of expanding the use of vote by app. We can do our taxes, banking, stock trading, manage health care accounts, all by phone applications and it's extremely secure with various methods and levels of authentication, crypto and security designed to make sure that whoever is trying to access the account has the right to. This is something the states do not have to develop. The Iowa caucus, IIRC, was a mess b/c the app was rushed. But there are companies out there that have been doing this for at least 2 years. The states just need access to the service.

I don't believe we shouldn't do anything new or better simply because someone will try to take advantage of it. That's always going to be the case. That's always been the case. It just means we have to develop better methods and procedures to mitigate/reduce/eliminate the threats and vulnerabilities in an effort to reduce the overall risk. I say this as someone who has been in Information Security / Cyber Security Risk Management for 11 years with both the US Gov't and a major Financial Institution. :twocents: :coffee:
Agree 100% with absentee voting. It's the forced "mail a ballot to everyone" that is the issue and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not that hard to vote, anyone thinking otherwise probably doesn't vote.

Disagree about apps and even electronic machines. Leaves too much open for hacking and manipulation.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:05 am
∞∞∞ wrote:

If Trump wins I predict an orgy of side switching

Hell we might get a 500 page thread on Russians mass mailing ballots
Oh, we're getting a thread from one side or the other either way. Certain people are way too predictable with their thought processes and rationalizations.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:15 am Nothing is perfect and no operation is going to run perfectly. We should all have the ability to mail in our votes...but I don't believe we should just be sending out ballots to everyone. There's plenty of time in an election year to have people go their state election commission and request a ballot (which comes with a prepaid return envelope). It shouldn't be sent out to everyone. Request it. Otherwise, go to the polls or don't vote. It's not a perfect solution but it's a start.

Agree 100% with absentee voting. It's the forced "mail a ballot to everyone" that is the issue and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not that hard to vote, anyone thinking otherwise probably doesn't vote.

Disagree about apps and even electronic machines. Leaves too much open for hacking and manipulation.
I'm glad we're on the same page.

If done correctly, I believe the security is there prevent a threat actor from being successful. You can make it like data in Voice to Text -if you were to speak into Siri, Siri - tell my wife I love her, that message gets broken into unintelligible 1s and 0s, encrypted, separated and stored in different locations all in the time you hit send. It's that's quick. Aside from the occasional iCloud account, there's a reason why you don't often hear about mobile data on iPhone's and Android ever being hacked. It's incredibly secure and IF someone got to one server...they'd have nothing of any use. They'd have " t l e ie Ilv r" or something equally useless. Major financial institutions are the same way. For ever successful attack that makes it into the news, there are literally dozens and dozens of failed attempts. With more and more mobile anti-virus and anti-malware products and protections coming into the market place, I don't see any reason why it won't get more secure.

A lot of breaches in very secure environments, are because someone figures out a vulnerability in a patch or some developer backdoor that wasn't properly closed. Coordinated DDOS attacks can do it, but you have to hope that the next place the virus goes is into what's called the DMZ, which essentially will hold everything until it's approved.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:49 pm
Silenoz wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Comparing McCain/Palin to Biden/ANYBODY is like apples and oranges. At least McCain had a semblance of his wits about him. :lol:
Those wits are why he made the greatest VP pick ever made - a home run some have called it

:rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky