2020 General Election

Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:19 pm I’m guessing Rice is the VP pick.

I hope it’s Lockemup Harris but I think its Rice.

Harris won’t be able to defend her actions as DA. Rice can’t defend her hawkishness on Libya and Syria, but war is ok as long as Democrats do it.

Advantage: Rice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Belle of Benghazi.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:

Harris won’t be able to defend her actions as DA. Rice can’t defend her hawkishness on Libya and Syria, but war is ok as long as Democrats do it.

The Belle of Benghazi.
Lolz. That made me snort laugh.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Yeah, I agree it'll be Rice.

Harris could cause some of the proggies to not vote, but no one except Republicans are going to care about Benghazi and war isn't war when a Democrat does it.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Harris didn’t help her chances by going after Sleepy Joe so hard in the first Donk debate.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:36 pm Harris didn’t help her chances by going after Sleepy Joe so hard in the first Donk debate.
She unfollowed him on twitter tonight, soooooo.....I’m guessing she didn’t make the short lit. :rofl: :rofl:

Showed her colors for exactly what she is....a spiteful bitch.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 pm

The Belle of Benghazi.
"There is nothing there." - Trey Gowdy :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:30 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:02 pm
Don't even have to go fishing- I see them popping up all the time, like this one a few min ago.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/denver-back- ... nti-police
Another clash in Colorado at a Back the Blue rally with ANTIFA/BLM, this time in Fort Collins. Includes ANTFA attacking a guy in a wheel chair..
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pro-police-p ... s-colorado
If the cops could just find a way to refrain from executing handcuffed suspects in the middle of the street in broad daylight we wouldn't have nearly the problem. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

I wonder how many American blacks even know who Susan Rice is.

Or American whites, for that matter.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:57 am I wonder how many American blacks even know who Susan Rice is.

Not many. But I bet more know her distant cousin, Jasmine Rice.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

With Obama, Rice, and Kamala Harris being coffee-with-cream colored individuals, I look forward to all the "when will we have a genuine black person in high office" articles on Vox and Salon. Should be a hoot.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:57 am I wonder how many American blacks even know who Susan Rice is.

I know her Uncle Ben. Great guy...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

This one does. And she’s a cunt. :coffee:

I wouldn’t piss on her if she was on fire.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 am
Another clash in Colorado at a Back the Blue rally with ANTIFA/BLM, this time in Fort Collins. Includes ANTFA attacking a guy in a wheel chair..
If the cops could just find a way to refrain from executing handcuffed suspects in the middle of the street in broad daylight we wouldn't have nearly the problem. :coffee:
So the way to protest against police brutality is to be brutal to others including women and the disabled?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

1,000,000+ police/citizen interactions a year, and you want to focus on the 10 that went bad.

You’re as bad as Black Lives Matter focusing on the .6% of blacks being shot by cops, but ignoring the 99.4% being killed by other blacks.

Nicely done, houndawg. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:55 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 am

Agree 100% with absentee voting. It's the forced "mail a ballot to everyone" that is the issue and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not that hard to vote, anyone thinking otherwise probably doesn't vote.

Disagree about apps and even electronic machines. Leaves too much open for hacking and manipulation.
I'm glad we're on the same page.

If done correctly, I believe the security is there prevent a threat actor from being successful. You can make it like data in Voice to Text -if you were to speak into Siri, Siri - tell my wife I love her, that message gets broken into unintelligible 1s and 0s, encrypted, separated and stored in different locations all in the time you hit send. It's that's quick. Aside from the occasional iCloud account, there's a reason why you don't often hear about mobile data on iPhone's and Android ever being hacked. It's incredibly secure and IF someone got to one server...they'd have nothing of any use. They'd have " t l e ie Ilv r" or something equally useless. Major financial institutions are the same way. For ever successful attack that makes it into the news, there are literally dozens and dozens of failed attempts. With more and more mobile anti-virus and anti-malware products and protections coming into the market place, I don't see any reason why it won't get more secure.

A lot of breaches in very secure environments, are because someone figures out a vulnerability in a patch or some developer backdoor that wasn't properly closed. Coordinated DDOS attacks can do it, but you have to hope that the next place the virus goes is into what's called the DMZ, which essentially will hold everything until it's approved.
I'm open to change on the digital ballots, I just don't think we have the will to do that in every voting location in every state across the nation.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:29 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Is Oprah still in the running?
I don't think Oprah was seen running since she was about 10 years old.
:lol: :notworthy:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:24 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 am

Agree 100% with absentee voting. It's the forced "mail a ballot to everyone" that is the issue and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not that hard to vote, anyone thinking otherwise probably doesn't vote.

Disagree about apps and even electronic machines. Leaves too much open for hacking and manipulation.
Agreed. Absentee you have to get off your arse an make a request for the ballot. Less likely you'll get ineligible voters doing that.
Mass mail ballot to everyone based on flawed voter rolls you'll have tens of millions of ballots going to people who don't plan to vote, dead people, non citizens, felons, etc. Also multiple ballots to many people (who move alot). Others won't get ballots because addresses aren't updated, or their mail goes to the wrong address.

The Y and Z generation are just too lazy to bother with mail or go to the polls. They think they should be able to do everything on their damn phones. Bottom line though is if you can go to the store, wear a mask while physically distancing, you can go to the polls and wear a mask while physically distancing, or you can do an absentee ballot.
Agreed. Not that hard of a concept to grasp.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:34 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:36 pm Harris didn’t help her chances by going after Sleepy Joe so hard in the first Donk debate.
She unfollowed him on twitter tonight, soooooo.....I’m guessing she didn’t make the short lit. :rofl: :rofl:

I saw that headline too. That's like something a teenager does when they don't want to date you. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:02 am

1,000,000+ police/citizen interactions a year, and you want to focus on the 10 that went bad.

You’re as bad as Black Lives Matter focusing on the .6% of blacks being shot by cops, but ignoring the 99.4% being killed by other blacks.

Nicely done, houndawg. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
houndie is a Marxist, so you know he is down with the BLM Inc. jive. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:44 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:55 am I'm glad we're on the same page.

If done correctly, I believe the security is there prevent a threat actor from being successful. You can make it like data in Voice to Text -if you were to speak into Siri, Siri - tell my wife I love her, that message gets broken into unintelligible 1s and 0s, encrypted, separated and stored in different locations all in the time you hit send. It's that's quick. Aside from the occasional iCloud account, there's a reason why you don't often hear about mobile data on iPhone's and Android ever being hacked. It's incredibly secure and IF someone got to one server...they'd have nothing of any use. They'd have " t l e ie Ilv r" or something equally useless. Major financial institutions are the same way. For ever successful attack that makes it into the news, there are literally dozens and dozens of failed attempts. With more and more mobile anti-virus and anti-malware products and protections coming into the market place, I don't see any reason why it won't get more secure.

A lot of breaches in very secure environments, are because someone figures out a vulnerability in a patch or some developer backdoor that wasn't properly closed. Coordinated DDOS attacks can do it, but you have to hope that the next place the virus goes is into what's called the DMZ, which essentially will hold everything until it's approved.
I'm open to change on the digital ballots, I just don't think we have the will to do that in every voting location in every state across the nation.
It's all up to the state if they want to utilize an app.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:34 pm

I saw that headline too. That's like something a teenager does when they don't want to date you. :lol:
Really? Anyone reputable saying that?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:04 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 am

Jimmy Dore. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:04 am

Jimmy Dore. :coffee:
In the words of CluckU..."Who?"
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep. Surprised Biden’s handlers chose Harris.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:13 pm Yeah, I agree it'll be Rice.

Harris could cause some of the proggies to not vote, but no one except Republicans are going to care about Benghazi and war isn't war when a Democrat does it.
Well, hopefully Harris causes some of the proggies to not vote.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.