Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 Democratic Convention

Post by Ibanez »

Regarding Bidens speech last night
Fox's Bret Baier right afterward: That was "the best he's been, as far as his delivery." Chris Wallace: "It was an enormously effective speech. Remember, Donald Trump has been talking for months about Joe Biden as mentally shot, a captive of the left, and yes Biden was reading from a teleprompter and a prepared speech, but I thought he blew a hole -- a big hole -- in that characterization."
:coffee:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/21/media/jo ... index.html
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:34 am Regarding Bidens speech last night
Fox's Bret Baier right afterward: That was "the best he's been, as far as his delivery." Chris Wallace: "It was an enormously effective speech. Remember, Donald Trump has been talking for months about Joe Biden as mentally shot, a captive of the left, and yes Biden was reading from a teleprompter and a prepared speech, but I thought he blew a hole -- a big hole -- in that characterization."

So he exceeded expectations- he read a 20 min speech off a teleprompter that he undoubtedly rehearsed dozens of times, with no major flubs. But why do you think he has been kept in the basement for months, and hasn't done a press conference or interview (Chris Wallace like) in months?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:13 am

So he exceeded expectations- he read a 20 min speech off a teleprompter that he undoubtedly rehearsed dozens of times, with no major flubs. But why do you think he has been kept in the basement for months, and hasn't done a press conference or interview (Chris Wallace like) in months?
THE HORROR OF A PLANNED SPEECH! ALL THE HORROR! Perhaps he can just have word vomit for 45 minutes where he doesn't say anything of value.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:13 am So he exceeded expectations- he read a 20 min speech off a teleprompter that he undoubtedly rehearsed dozens of times, with no major flubs.
You'll be on here riding Trump's dick if he manages to do the same at the RNC convention.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

One reason he exceeded expectations is because that stuff the Republicans have been putting out about him having dementia is nonsense. I think I posted before that they were setting themselves up for failure by doing that because he clearly does not have dementia and that would become evident as the campaign continues and people can see that the narrative the Republicans have been trying to peddle if false.

Yes he was reading a teleprompter. But have you seen Trump trying to read a teleprompter? I mean really. You are going to try to say that BIDEN has a problem when you've got TRUMP as your candidate? Good luck having Trump carry off what Biden carried off last night.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Never forget that the eloquent Barack Hussein Obama was a verbal basket case whenever he didn’t have a teleprompter.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:10 pm
THE HORROR OF A PLANNED SPEECH! ALL THE HORROR! Perhaps he can just have word vomit for 45 minutes where he doesn't say anything of value.
Why not? It works for Trump.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:46 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:13 am So he exceeded expectations- he read a 20 min speech off a teleprompter that he undoubtedly rehearsed dozens of times, with no major flubs.
You'll be on here riding Trump's dick if he manages to do the same at the RNC convention.
Lol...no, the difference is Trump supporters just hope and pray he ONLY reads off the teleprompter! Lol
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:25 pm
Lol...no, the difference is Trump supporters just hope and pray he ONLY reads off the teleprompter! Lol
And BDK will be praising Trump's yugeness regardless of how he does at the RNC convention. He could walk out on stage, drop trou, and take a steaming dump and BDK would be posting about how awesome it was.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Lol. Van Jones said it all last night. Every Dem was going to come out and say it was great unless he butchered it. He was only being judged on whether he screwed up or not. Not exactly a high bar.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:08 pm
One reason he exceeded expectations is because that stuff the Republicans have been putting out about him having dementia is nonsense. I think I posted before that they were setting themselves up for failure by doing that because he clearly does not have dementia and that would become evident as the campaign continues and people can see that the narrative the Republicans have been trying to peddle if false.

Yes he was reading a teleprompter. But have you seen Trump trying to read a teleprompter? I mean really. You are going to try to say that BIDEN has a problem when you've got TRUMP as your candidate? Good luck having Trump carry off what Biden carried off last night.
Again, there's a reason he's hiding in the basement, not doing press conferences, interviews, taking anything more than softball, pre arranged questions from liberal media. If you think because he read probably the shortest acceptance speech ever, off a teleprompter, that he undoubtedly practiced countless times, without major flubs, is proof that he isn't in cognitive decline then :dunce: :rofl: . But I'm glad you and most of the rest of the left think that, which will = more pressure on him being allowed to come out of the basement to do interviews, press conferences, and the debates. But his handlers aren't dumb. I don't think they will allow it.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Again, there's a reason he's hiding in the basement, not doing press conferences, interviews, taking anything more than softball, pre arranged questions from liberal media. If you think because he read probably the shortest acceptance speech ever, off a teleprompter, that he undoubtedly practiced countless times, without major flubs, is proof that he isn't in cognitive decline then :dunce: :rofl: . But I'm glad you and most of the rest of the left think that, which will = more pressure on him being allowed to come out of the basement to do interviews, press conferences, and the debates. But his handlers aren't dumb. I don't think they will allow it.
A speech that many don't believe was live. He practiced and practiced until he got it right.

By the way, this is the same StOnge that was all for the Yale University Psychiatrist diagnosing Trump by watching his TV appearances.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Again, there's a reason he's hiding in the basement, not doing press conferences, interviews, taking anything more than softball, pre arranged questions from liberal media.
He's in the lead. He's running the ball, burning clock, and waiting for Donnie opponent to commit another unforced turnover. :nod:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:28 pm
Again, there's a reason he's hiding in the basement, not doing press conferences, interviews, taking anything more than softball, pre arranged questions from liberal media.
He's in the lead. He's running the ball, burning clock, and waiting for Donnie opponent to commit another unforced turnover. :nod:
Going into a conservative shell with a "prevent defense" and trying to "run out the clock", esp without a big lead, often = a loss. :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:53 pm
Going into a conservative shell with a "prevent defense" and trying to "run out the clock", esp without a big lead, often = a loss. :nod:
Does the reality that Biden is playing against the Presidential equivalent of Jameis Winston change the probabilities?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:53 pm

Didn't say anything about a prevent defense.

Running the ball when it's been working for you and your opponent keeps coughing up the ball all game... does work. :nod:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

You're still buying it. Look, what he did is not easy. I know what dementia looks like. My father withered away from it. He does not have dementia. If he had dementia, believe me, having practiced a bunch of times and using a teleprompter would not have mattered. It would have been evident. And it wouldn't have been a little misstep here and a little misstep there. He could not have carried that off at ALL.

He has been doing interviews. In fact, the reason I've been saying he doesn't have dementia is because I looked up some interviews he did, watched them, and saw that he did fine interacting and responding to questions. He'll do fine in the debates because he has far greater depth of knowledge about the issues that will come up than Trump does.

That's not to say he won't make ANY mistakes. He had a few minor missteps last night. Like one time he said "There's never been anything we've been able to accomplish when we do it together." Obviously that should've been something like "There's never been anything we couldn't accomplish...." But I think fair minded people know that things like that happen.

People will see him function and, as I said, the Trump gang's decision to try to cast him as having dementia is going to continue to backfire because it's going to continue to be obvious that that's nonsense.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW I think the Russians have succeeded with respect to me at least because, for the first time in my life, I am indeed worried about the integrity of the election.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:52 pm
A speech that many don't believe was live. He practiced and practiced until he got it right.

By the way, this is the same StOnge that was all for the Yale University Psychiatrist diagnosing Trump by watching his TV appearances.
To the extent that "many don't believe" it was live we are talking about right wingers who have been fed the BS about him being impaired and refuse to break out of their echo chamber. But it doesn't even matter. There is no way he could have pulled that off live OR on video if he was impaired as the Trump gang has been claiming he is.

The reason I don't think it was pre recorded is because he did make some mistakes. Like the one I mentioned in a previous post. I don't think they'd have left that gaffe in there if they were doing video until they got everything right.

I'd be fine with people saying they think Biden has dementia if he acted like he has dementia. But he doesn't.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

If Biden is the intellectual giant that JSO thinks he is, let’s have a debate. Maybe three.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:28 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:52 pm

To the extent that "many don't believe" it was live we are talking about right wingers who have been fed the BS about him being impaired and refuse to break out of their echo chamber. But it doesn't even matter. There is no way he could have pulled that off live OR on video if he was impaired as the Trump gang has been claiming he is.

The reason I don't think it was pre recorded is because he did make some mistakes. Like the one I mentioned in a previous post. I don't think they'd have left that gaffe in there if they were doing video until they got everything right.

I'd be fine with people saying they think Biden has dementia if he acted like he has dementia. But he doesn't.
Dude. I got two words for you. Covington Catholic! You were so wrong on this topic I don't need to point all your other Bidenesque follies.

How is anyone supposed to trust your judgement?
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:56 pm If Biden is the intellectual giant that JSO thinks he is, let’s have a debate. Maybe three.
There will be 3 POTUS debates and 1 VP debate. As per usual.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:34 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:56 pm If Biden is the intellectual giant that JSO thinks he is, let’s have a debate. Maybe three.
There will be 3 POTUS debates and 1 VP debate. As per usual.
Uh huh
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Want to wager?

Trump wanted to add a 4th (as a desperate candidate wants and needs) but was rejected by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

There will be 3 POTUS debates and 1 VP debate. As per usual. :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:37 pm Want to wager?

Trump wanted to add a 4th (as a desperate candidate wants and needs) but was rejected by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

There will be 3 POTUS debates and 1 VP debate. As per usual. :coffee:
Any word on the formats or locations? Will they be virtual?