Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Here We Go Again (Kenosha, WI)

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Here We Go Again (Kenosha, WI)

Post by Gil Dobie »

Video clearly shows a black man getting shot in the back multiple times, kids were in the car at the time of the shooting. Domestic call prior to shooting. There's got to be a better way to handle these situations.

Milwaukee Sentinal Link

Confirmed: Jacob Blake’s 3 SONS were IN THE CAR he was getting into when @KenoshaPolice shot him tonight. They saw a cop shoot their father. They will be traumatized forever. We cannot let officers violate their duty to PROTECT us. Our kids deserve better!!
Last edited by Gil Dobie on Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:Video clearly shows a black man getting shot in the back multiple times, kids were in the car at the time of the shooting. Domestic call prior to shooting. There's got to be a better way to handle these situations.

Milwaukee Sentinal Link

Confirmed: Jacob Blake’s 3 SONS were IN THE CAR he was getting into when @KenoshaPolice shot him tonight. They saw a cop shoot their father. They will be traumatized forever. We cannot let officers violate their duty to PROTECT us. Our kids deserve better!!
What was that he was grabbing in the car? What was that the officer saw?

Based on what can be seen in the video, this could be either an unjustified shooting or it could be justified.

But nothing in the video justifies a verdict

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:29 am
Gil Dobie wrote:Video clearly shows a black man getting shot in the back multiple times, kids were in the car at the time of the shooting. Domestic call prior to shooting. There's got to be a better way to handle these situations.

Milwaukee Sentinal Link

Based on what can be seen in the video, this could be either an unjustified shooting or it could be justified.

They followed him all the way, guns drawn, letting him open the vehicle door. How did it get to that point where he was shot 7 times in the back.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

It looks to me like the cops had him on the ground and not only does he apparently get up before being asked to, but he decides to walk around the front of the car and open the door. You can't call that losing a deadly game of Simon Says, that's really bad judgement.
Last edited by Pwns on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:08 am Video clearly shows a black man getting shot in the back multiple times, kids were in the car at the time of the shooting. Domestic call prior to shooting. There's got to be a better way to handle these situations.

Milwaukee Sentinal Link

Tonight, Jacob Blake was shot in the back multiple times, in broad daylight," Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers said in a statement.
:suspicious: He was shot in broad daylight...tonight?

It's 2020. If you're a black man why aren't you just complying, even if it's bullshit? Why are you walking away from cops (who may be ordering you to stop) with weapons drawn?

Or can we not blame the victims poor decisions that led to the event?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Need more information, why was the victim walking away from the cops & getting in the car? What is the cops response as to why they needed to shoot the victim?
Make Delaware Football Great Again
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Here We Go Again (Kenosha, WI)

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:

They followed him all the way, guns drawn, letting him open the vehicle door. How did it get to that point where he was shot 7 times in the back.
They should have shot him BEFORE he got in the car?

Why not wait and see what in state investigation says?

The WI governor has already settled on his own verdict but there’s a lot of mayhem that is going to happen before all the facts come out

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 am
Gil Dobie wrote:

The WI governor has already settled on his own verdict but there’s a lot of mayhem that is going to happen before all the facts come out

Do police shoot to kill in instances like this, or can they shoot him in the leg to stop his progress?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:29 am But nothing in the video justifies a verdict
Never stopped anyone before.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 am They should have shot him BEFORE he got in the car?

Do police shoot to kill in instances like this, or can they shoot him in the leg to stop his progress?
Police don’t shoot to do either of those things. You are trained to shoot for center of mass because when fight or flight mode kicks in, fine motor functions are the first to go.

Also, nothing suggests a deadly force scenario up until the guy starts to go headfirst into the car.

What did he say to the officers?

Remember - this was a domestic dispute... probably with the mother.

“I’m gonna drive these kids off a bridge”

or,

“I’m gonna shoot that bitch”

^^^ those are just examples that could greatly change the tenor in which this video is viewed

Or, maybe it was murder. Right now nobody, not even the irresponsible governor knows

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Milwaukee Sentinal Link

Gil’s x-ray vision showed that Blake had no knife or gun in the car, and the cops are guilty until proven innocent.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:40 am It looks to me like the cops had him on the ground and not only does he apparently get up before being asked to, but he decides to walk around the front of the car and open the door. You can't call that losing a deadly game of Simon Says, that's really bad judgement.
There’s a common demoninator with every one of these shooting videos as far as the suspect not complying and/or resisting..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote:

Don’t you know its pass judgement, loot and burn 1st, facts can come out later..
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:46 am

Only a limited background as I just married into a family of cops so no firsthand knowledge. but expecting cops to have the marksmanship to shoot to maim rather than stop/kill with a gun is just unrealistic. They may not be good enough shots in the first place and in the second place shooting a person in the leg allows them to return fire to you.

As for this incident, really does depend on what was in the car and what he was reaching for. With that said, why did the cops let him get that far? Wouldn't a taser before he even got to the car door have been sufficient? He clearly didn't have a weapon of any kind prior to then.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:00 am
Gil Dobie wrote:
Police don’t shoot to do either of those things. You are trained to shoot for center of mass because when fight or flight mode kicks in, fine motor functions are the first to go.

Also, nothing suggests a deadly force scenario up until the guy starts to go headfirst into the car.

or,

^^^ those are just examples that could greatly change the tenor in which this video is viewed

Or, maybe it was murder. Right now nobody, not even the irresponsible governor knows

:nod: We won't but we should let the process play out and see what they find before rendering a verdict.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:09 am

Gil’s x-ray vision showed that Blake had no knife or gun in the car, and the cops are guilty until proven innocent.
If thats what you think, then here's what I think you think, you think all blacks should be shot on sight, guilty, tried and punished on site. People in the middle, get lumped to the extreme in your mind.

I have questions, I have no idea why they shot the guy. I would like to see the rest of the story before we determine the reason behind this. I have cops in my family, my dad would be deputized at times. My cousin was a cop, another cousin an MP in Vietnam. I support the Police.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:00 am
Gil Dobie wrote:

or,

I was thinking along the same lines on why he was shot entering the vehicle. Look forward to seeing this story develop.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:00 am Police don’t shoot to do either of those things. You are trained to shoot for center of mass because when fight or flight mode kicks in, fine motor functions are the first to go.

or,

I was thinking along the same lines on why he was shot entering the vehicle. Look forward to seeing this story develop.
I could show you hours of videos of suspects who are already outside their car, reaching back in and producing a weapon and killing police or somebody else

There’s a pretty disturbing one from back around 2000 in Georgia - there are a LOT of misconceptions around how these incidents unfold ... and then you get people like the WI governor passing judgment in an official statement. So now, before all facts are known, he has created an expectation of guilt. If the investigation turns up facts that justify the shooting, and then no charges are brought (or the DA brings them and the officer is exonerated) - then when WI burns we can all point the finger of blame at people like that governor

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Has it been confirmed that he was the subject of the domestic disturbance call? Or is he the one that called the police. I have heard/read both.

Why were the police pursuing him? And why didn't he stop? What was he reaching for?

Unfortunately, with all the revelations/videos, POC now have a fear of police - and that cooperation does not guarantee survival. On the other hand, making a sudden move like he did, especially into a car, will generally result in a police response.

Would tasering him be better? Tackling him?

From either side, nothing clear based on available evidence.
:thumb:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Just more evidence to defund and reign in these government-sanctioned criminal enterprises we have running around.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:Just more evidence to defund and reign in these government-sanctioned criminal enterprises we have running around.
“Everybody has a plan until they get hit.”

- Mike Tyson

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:48 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:Just more evidence to defund and reign in these government-sanctioned criminal enterprises we have running around.
“Everybody has a plan until they get hit.”

- Mike Tyson
Funny how nurses, EMTs, psychiatric wardens, teachers, 7-11 clerks, most everyone and their mother can deescalate a bad situation without resorting to violence, let alone attempted murder.

Cops are insecure; they get scared and start shooting when someone farts. Shoot dogs, people, whatever it take to assert authority.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:48 pm “Everybody has a plan until they get hit.”

- Mike Tyson
Funny how nurses, EMTs, 7-11 clerks, most everyone can deescalate a bad situation without resorting to violence, let alone murder.

Cops are insecure, they get scared and start shooting when someone farts. Shoot dogs, people, whatever it take to assert your authority.
Fire, EMS won’t go into most scenes without the police - get ready for them to not respond to all kinds of calls... like domestics with injuries

Your second statement reminds me of some of those “black people do X” statements over in the gorillas thread - blanket statement and just as dumb

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:06 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Funny how nurses, EMTs, 7-11 clerks, most everyone can deescalate a bad situation without resorting to violence, let alone murder.

Cops are insecure, they get scared and start shooting when someone farts. Shoot dogs, people, whatever it take to assert your authority.
Fire, EMS won’t go into most scenes without the police - get ready for them to not respond to all kinds of calls... like domestics with injuries

Your second statement reminds me of some of those “black people do X” statements over in the gorillas thread - blanket statement and just as dumb

It's not a blanket statement. ALL cops are bad and the good ones get driven out. Every officer in America is a thug; they either murder, steal, commit violence, damage property, intimidate, take rights away, or look the other way as their colleagues do so.

The rare times they actually protect the public isn't enough to overcome their vast criminal enterprise. The mafia fed and clothed the poor, and even protected people. They were still criminals doing whatever they wanted to stay in power.

This nationwide network of gangs needs to be reigned in for freedom to thrive.

Defund. :clap: The. :clap: Police. :clap:
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.