Here We Go Again (Kenosha, WI)

Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Here We Go Again (Kenosha, WI)

Post by SDHornet »

Rioting in Madison. Gil is posting it in this thread ok, or does a "Here we go again (Madison)" thread need to be created?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 am Rioting in Madison. Gil is posting it in this thread ok, or does a "Here we go again (Madison)" thread need to be created?

Ask BDK, he has all the answers. :nod:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

What's been happening with Trump's poll numbers in Minnesota will happen in Wisconsin. And while Trump probably has no chance in MN, Wisconsin is more up in the air.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 am Rioting in Madison. Gil is posting it in this thread ok, or does a "Here we go again (Madison)" thread need to be created?
Gil was just giving BDK a dose of his own stickler medicine.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Pwns wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:18 am What's been happening with Trump's poll numbers in Minnesota will happen in Wisconsin. And while Trump probably has no chance in MN, Wisconsin is more up in the air.
Trump will have a tough time in Minnesota. More people vote in the Democrat districts than people that live there.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:46 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:36 am

They followed him all the way, guns drawn, letting him open the vehicle door. How did it get to that point where he was shot 7 times in the back.
There are a lot of variables in your question. The one thing that would have made all those variables moot is if he had complied.

I think all public schools, especially in poor and urban areas, should mandate a course on compliance with law enforcement instructions.
And all Police Officers should undergoing yearly de-escalation classes, be screened for membership in far-right/white nationalist organizations, and have minimum of a bachelor's degree.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Pwns wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:18 am What's been happening with Trump's poll numbers in Minnesota will happen in Wisconsin. And while Trump probably has no chance in MN, Wisconsin is more up in the air.
So you are saying these shootings/killings are all done by Trump supporters to scare suburban housewives into voting against their best interests and vote for the Pussy Grabber?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:44 am
So you are saying these shootings/killings are all done by Trump supporters to scare suburban housewives into voting against their best interests and vote for the Pussy Grabber?
Are you saying that it's not in their best interests to keep violent criminals from showing up in their neighborhood demanding that they give up their property and savings?

I try to be sympathetic but this sh!t is beyond getting out of hand. Rioting and looting is not protesting and should not be acceptable. Using violence against people because they disagree with you or simply because they're there should not be acceptable (and this applies to the Proud Boys and their ilk as well as BLM and Antifa). Going to people's homes and attempting to intimidate them should not be acceptable. If all cops are bastards and guilty by association shouldn't that also apply to all protesters? Are they speaking up against and helping prevent the violence, rioting and looting?

Mob intimidation and brutality in the name of protesting police brutality is beyond ironic.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
93henfan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:46 am There are a lot of variables in your question. The one thing that would have made all those variables moot is if he had complied.

I think all public schools, especially in poor and urban areas, should mandate a course on compliance with law enforcement instructions.
And all Police Officers should undergoing yearly de-escalation classes, be screened for membership in far-right/white nationalist organizations, and have minimum of a bachelor's degree.
That is already true of most medium to large departments.

I was the case on my old department when I was hired in 1992.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:04 pm
dbackjon wrote:

Yeah, I was gonna say. Glad to hear it directly from somebody who was on the inside.

I briefly, briefly thought about Delaware State Police once, and while a bachelors wasn't a requirement (yet anyway), it sure as hell was a huge help.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:58 am

Are you saying that it's not in their best interests to keep violent criminals from showing up in their neighborhood demanding that they give up their property and savings?

I try to be sympathetic but this sh!t is beyond getting out of hand. Rioting and looting is not protesting and should not be acceptable. Using violence against people because they disagree with you or simply because they're there should not be acceptable (and this applies to the Proud Boys and their ilk as well as BLM and Antifa). Going to people's homes and attempting to intimidate them should not be acceptable. If all cops are bastards and guilty by association shouldn't that also apply to all protesters? Are they speaking up against and helping prevent the violence, rioting and looting?

Mob intimidation and brutality in the name of protesting police brutality is beyond ironic.
It's happening more and more often nowadays.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Here We Go Again (Kenosha, WI)

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:

Yeah, I was gonna say. Glad to hear it directly from somebody who was on the inside.

I briefly, briefly thought about Delaware State Police once, and while a bachelors wasn't a requirement (yet anyway), it sure as hell was a huge help.
Actually, when I started in 92 it was a two year degree requirement but in reality you would never get hired with that - there were stacks of applicants with 4 year degrees.

I think they went to the 4 year requirement around 10 years ago

And most departments go further - requiring psych evals and polygraph tests.

At one point at CPD we had grads from every SoCon school back just after Marshall left. I think we had as many App State and ETSU grads as we did El Cid grads

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:55 pm
93henfan wrote:

Actually, when I started in 92 it was a two year degree requirement but in reality you would never get hired with that - there were stacks of applicants with 4 year degrees.

At one point at CPD we had grads from every SoCon school back just after Marshall left. I think we had as many App State and ETSU grads as we did El Cid grads

Is/was military service acceptable in place of a degree?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:17 pm

You'll find small departments will require them as well. I used to work with the Beaumont, TX PD and I think you needed a certain number of credits at a minimum. Graduate degrees will make it easier for an officer to make more money, get promoted, etc... They are searching for educated people and not just the high school baseball star that flunked out of tech school and will work for $20k.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:

I started working with CHS on a project in 2011 and I believe the 4 yr degree was relatively new.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Man...that is some fucking world class spin right there. World class.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:00 pm

I think it might depend on the length of service and the department. Here's another PD I did projects with. Military service isn't on their stated requirements (or in lieu of). That's not to say that military service isn't highly regarded in the profession.

https://www.gastongov.com/government/de ... fficer.php
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:57 am
CitadelGrad wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:39 am

Just wait until they start bringing in the pink Cadillacs. That'll be when it gets real.
The Karens in their Mary Kay cars aren't going looting. Sorry.
Not the white ones anyway.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:12 pm

Straight out of the GOP Playbook. Your messiah does support Q-Anon, and their even crazier theories.

But glad that I hooked a couple fish here.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:29 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:12 pm
Straight out of the GOP Playbook. Your messiah does support Q-Anon, and their even crazier theories.

But glad that I hooked a couple fish here.
So you're admitting that the Donk Playbook and ctrl-left theories are crazy. Good, the first step to recovery is admitting the problem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:55 pm Actually, when I started in 92 it was a two year degree requirement but in reality you would never get hired with that - there were stacks of applicants with 4 year degrees.

Yes but it had to be applicable experience. Greenberg liked the EOD guys for his bomb team. You could substitute I think 4 for 2 military service.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think the police in this case over-reacted but, at the same time, the guy trying to get into the vehicle did, I think, introduce concern over him going for a gun.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:17 am

You're the one who got butthurt over posting BLM/ANTIFA rioting from other cities in the Here We Go Again Minneapolis thread. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:34 am
Gil was just giving BDK a dose of his own stickler medicine.
Uh, no he wasn't.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:17 am

You're the one who got butthurt over posting BLM/ANTIFA rioting from other cities in the Here We Go Again Minneapolis thread. :lol:
You can't even get that right, wrong answer, keep trying.