Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: How Trump Wins

Post by JohnStOnge »

The way Trump wins is that there are enough stupid people in the United States to allow him to win.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm The way Trump wins is that there are enough stupid people in the United States to allow him to win.
C'mon, stupid people! You got this!!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:18 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm The way Trump wins is that there are enough stupid people in the United States to allow him to win.
JSO will never admit that some of our “smartest” Presidents (Nixon, Carter, Clinton) were quite shitty performers.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

And the way Biden wins is there are enough dead people in the United States to allow him to win.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I hear a lot of devout Christians saying they won't vote for Biden because of his party's late term abortion stance. They are holding their noses and voting Trump.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:12 pm
I hear a lot of devout Christians saying they won't vote for Biden because of his party's late term abortion stance. They are holding their noses and voting Trump.
Well that's just hypocritical of Christians! Trump takes 37 states this time.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:23 pm
And the way Biden wins is there are enough dead people in the United States to allow him to win.
Don't worry - Illinois got this.. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:40 am

Don't worry - Illinois got this.. :thumb:
:lol: :lol: Im’ sure.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:09 pm
93henfan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:18 pm

JSO will never admit that some of our “smartest” Presidents (Nixon, Carter, Clinton) were quite shitty performers.
I think Clinton performed very well. Frankly I don't know why you'd put him on that list. The guy was extremely deft. The country did very well while he was in office and he was able to work with Congress in spite of friction. I think it'd be hard to find a time in our lifetimes where things were going better for the people of the United States than they were during the Clinton years. The stock market was soaring a lot more than it was soaring under Trump before COVID. The economy was growing a lot faster. Incomes were increasing a lot faster.

I voted against Clinton both times. However, the Clinton years were some of the best years in terms of "measureables" for the United States in my 1956 through present lifetime.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Now you know that is not true. If you're honest with yourself you know the majority of the living citizens in the United States do not want Trump to be President. You know very well that if every legally registered voter voted in an entirely legal way and there were no illegal votes Trump would lose.

Trump's chances are related to having his nut job supporters turn out while other people do not. Or they try to do mail in voting and enough of them don't do it quite right. That sort of thing.

If the will of the People is expressed, Trump will lose. But there are a lot of questions with respect to whether that will happen.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Now you know that is not true. If you're honest with yourself you know the majority of the living citizens in the United States do not want Trump to be President. You know very well that if every legally registered voter voted in an entirely legal way and there were no illegal votes Trump would lose.

Trump's chances are related to having his nut job supporters turn out while other people do not. Or they try to do mail in voting and enough of them don't do it quite right. That sort of thing.

If the will of the People is expressed, Trump will lose. But there are a lot of questions with respect to whether that will happen.
Of course turnout matters, John. It often does in close elections. You have to hope the low information voters on your side find their way to a polling place or a mailbox in sufficient numbers to put your guy over the top. There aren’t enough snotty rich liberals to get it done. That sort of thing.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Hell no we don’t know any such thing. If every legally registered voter voted Trump could easily win. Easily. Not sure how you can make that statement with 30% of the voters registered as independents.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:23 am I haven’t really considered these type of tactics realistic but this article caught my attention. The Bulwark ain’t exactly a sensationalistic/lefty rag either.
How to Steal an Election

Four ways Trump can still win, 89 days out.
by DMITRI MEHLHORN AUGUST 6, 2020

If you want the bad news all at once, the TL/DR is this:

(1) Trump can use normal tactics to win outright or make the race closer.

(2) COVID problems with election administration can take up to 6 percent off of Biden’s margin.

(3) Trump and the GOP might use historically unprecedented tactics to stay in power despite losing.

(4) pro-Trump foreign actors will be using similar but more aggressive tactics to their 2016 interference.

The combination of these tactics gives Trump a solid chance to stay in power. So let’s talk about them.
When you can bill the taxpayer $3,000,000 per round of golf and you've golfed about 250 times in your first term you've already won
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:27 pm

Hell no we don’t know any such thing. If every legally registered voter voted Trump could easily win. Easily. Not sure how you can make that statement with 30% of the voters registered as independents.
When Hillary Clinton, the most unpopular politician of her time, gets 3,000,000 more votes that you do? That means your shit is very, very, weak. :nod:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:58 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:27 pm

When Hillary Clinton, the most unpopular politician of her time, gets 3,000,000 more votes that you do? That means your shit is very, very, weak. :nod:
No. It means you simply get rid of California and Trump wins the popular vote by 1.5 million. Means Californians should have their heads examined.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:08 am

No. It means you simply get rid of California and Trump wins the popular vote by 1.5 million. Means Californians should have their heads examined.
Don't forget NYC. Cali and NY both encourage non-citizens to become registered voters.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

He gets more electoral college votes than Biden.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

"I recognize that my dad's communication style is not to everyone's taste. And I know his tweets can feel a bit ... unfiltered. But the results speak for themselves."
Ivanka Trump.

That's how Trump wins. She just gave Republicans cover to disagree with Trumps words and actions but support him for his policy and "achievements". Well played. :clap:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:09 am
"I recognize that my dad's communication style is not to everyone's taste. And I know his tweets can feel a bit ... unfiltered. But the results speak for themselves."
Ivanka Trump.

That's how Trump wins. She just gave Republicans cover to disagree with Trumps words and actions but support him for his policy and "achievements". Well played. :clap:
Agreed. Plus, he's so good at sucking the air out of the room that everything, 24/7, is about him. He's despicable, but you can't stop talking about him. Couple that with the Dems just being an absolute mess right now and you can feel it swinging towards Trump again. I'm already seeing the signs again here in Bucks County, PA (one of the Philly suburbs that tend to decide PA) that it's swinging towards Trump again. The BLM stuff isn't helping the Dems because they picked an old white man who didn't want his kids going to an inner city school (and sent them to a nice, mostly-white private school) and who wrote the Crime Bill that locked up a generation of Black young men, and because Kamala's background in criminal justice isn't going to excite that base. When you don't see either party worth voting for, then your only outlet is to hit the streets. That's what they're doing. Biden can't win without the Black vote.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:25 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:09 am

Ivanka Trump.

Agreed. Plus, he's so good at sucking the air out of the room that everything, 24/7, is about him. He's despicable, but you can't stop talking about him. Couple that with the Dems just being an absolute mess right now and you can feel it swinging towards Trump again. I'm already seeing the signs again here in Bucks County, PA (one of the Philly suburbs that tend to decide PA) that it's swinging towards Trump again. The BLM stuff isn't helping the Dems because they picked an old white man who didn't want his kids going to an inner city school (and sent them to a nice, mostly-white private school) and who wrote the Crime Bill that locked up a generation of Black young men, and because Kamala's background in criminal justice isn't going to excite that base. When you don't see either party worth voting for, then your only outlet is to hit the streets. That's what they're doing. Biden can't win without the Black vote.
Biden’s daughter. I hear that they used to call her the “snow queen” at school because, well, you know...
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:27 am

Biden’s daughter. I hear that they used to call her the “snow queen” at school because, well, you know...
That's sexist. For shame. :ugeek:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:27 am

We had a girl like that in high school (catholic school). We called her "blow pop." :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't whomp his ass hopping - you can't just get rid of the world's sixth largest economy. :coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:42 am

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't whomp his ass hopping - you can't just get rid of the world's sixth largest economy. :coffee:
No need to do anything. Just give them time and they will do it to themselves.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:48 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:42 am

No need to do anything. Just give them time and they will do it to themselves.
That’s right. CA is imploding as we type. Here’s a link to an article that spells out some reasons. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... vUq12EPKEH