Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Pwns »

Pretty pathetic when you're too chicken to debate someone like Trump.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:55 am

Yes...poor Trump. So misunderstood at this point. I’m sure he’d look forward to a robust but respectful debate on policy.

:lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 am Yes...poor Trump. So misunderstood at this point. I’m sure he’d look forward to a robust but respectful debate on policy.

One side is cowering. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Pwns wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:55 am

It's the Evolution vs Intelligent Design debate defense!
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... ump-voters
A new online study finds that Republicans and independents are twice as likely as Democrats to say they would not give their true opinion in a telephone poll question about their preference for president in the 2020 election. That raises the possibility that polls understate support for President Donald Trump.
Pussies....
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:42 am https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... ump-voters
A new online study finds that Republicans and independents are twice as likely as Democrats to say they would not give their true opinion in a telephone poll question about their preference for president in the 2020 election. That raises the possibility that polls understate support for President Donald Trump.
Pussies....
I don't know what their problem is, if I am ever polled I just lie and say I am voting for Biden. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... ump-voters
Pussies....
I’ve been polled a few times over the years and I always say I’m voting for someone I’m not voting for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:44 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:42 am https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... ump-voters

Pussies....
I don't know what their problem is, if I am ever polled I just lie and say I am voting for Biden. :coffee:
I've never been polled. Not even exit polling. I guess since my district is as red as you can get, it's not necessary.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 am
I’ve been polled a few times over the years and I always say I’m voting for someone I’m not voting for

Whys that?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 am

Same. I have had it happen once. And there is zero possibility of me telling the truth when being asked a polling question about politics. I will go for whatever answer they are fishing for.

Just my way of sticking it back to them a bit, since they are all complete schmucks.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 am I’ve been polled a few times over the years and I always say I’m voting for someone I’m not voting for

Whys that?
Because it is more civil than eating their livers with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Pussies....
We still had a landline in 2016. Got polled many times. I always said I was a liberal, gay, Native Alaskan living in Iowa that was going to vote for Trump.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 am

We still had a landline in 2016. Got polled many times. I always said I was a liberal, gay, Native Alaskan living in Iowa that was going to vote for Trump.

I know a few people that have been polled over the years, and I don't think any one of them told the truth.

My little brother has made it an art form answering the questions he gets asked in such a way that leaves the pollster confused or flips it around on the pollster and starts asking them questions.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 am

I've never been polled. Not even exit polling. I guess since my district is as red as you can get, it's not necessary.
Ha! I get the same thing out here in Blue Washington. Although when I went back to Montana this last week, I think there were about 800 political ads on TV. One benefit of living in a solid defined state.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:33 am I know a few people that have been polled over the years
Don't forget to clean your browser history once in a while.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:07 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:33 am I know a few people that have been polled over the years
Don't forget to clean your browser history once in a while.
Solid advice. Mine dumps after every session. :thumb:
Spoiler: show
I just need to call it a day and go have a beer. :ohno: :oops:

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:33 am
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 am

I know a few people that have been polled over the years, and I don't think any one of them told the truth.

My little brother has made it an art form answering the questions he gets asked in such a way that leaves the pollster confused or flips it around on the pollster and starts asking them questions.
A lot of the pollsters were "Michael" or "Susan" from India so they are just reading the script. I do remember one that started laughing when I said I was Native Alaskan.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:19 am
Ibanez wrote: Whys that?
Because it is more civil than eating their livers with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

:lol: Tell me, are you having a friend over for dinner?
Spoiler: show
Isn't it just as easy to say, " I'm voting for Trump" and then walk away?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 am
Ha! I get the same thing out here in Blue Washington. Although when I went back to Montana this last week, I think there were about 800 political ads on TV. One benefit of living in a solid defined state.
We get some Ads here b/c we're in the Charlotte market. :mrgreen:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I live in a purple state (PA) and I've never been polled, and we're still a household with a landline. I get calls from the parties every now and then (we flip flop depending on the primaries) but that's about it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:14 am I live in a purple state (PA) and I've never been polled, and we're still a household with a landline. I get calls from the parties every now and then (we flip flop depending on the primaries) but that's about it.
I still have a landline (only because of my alarm system), amd never answer it, but always let it go to v-mail. Also have a call blocker, and pretty sure I’ve blocked a # of calls from pollsters..

Wouldn’t tell the truth if I was polled though. Think about it, if everyone lied to pollsters, we wouldn’t have polls. You’d just find out who won on election day.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Can we please just stop with the thing about there being a significant effect of people who plan to vote for Trump lying to pollser?

Look, the 2016 Real Clear Politics average for the overall vote was Clinton 45.2% and and Trump 42.2% The actual result was Clinton 48.2% and Trump 46.1%. Both actuals were somewhat higher than actuals. Clinton's actual was was 3.0 percentage points higher and Trump's actual was 3.9 percentage points higher.

This thing about there being a significant effect whereby people who plan to vote for Trump are lying to pollsters is absolute nonsense.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »