Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Here We Go Again (Kenosha, WI)

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:44 am
93henfan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:23 am

Btw, the fact that kid is urban patrolling with a rifle that fucking long and still pwned an armed mob trying to kill him makes it all the more epic.
The best part was after the 2nd altercation (when they attacked him on the ground) ended he just stood up and walked off like a mother fucking boss. 8-)
He won't be walking like a boss in the Big House. He'll be walking like a punk with a very tender asshole :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:25 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:34 am

I get all that, and it makes sense - aggravating the cop during a traffic stop or other interaction is never a good idea and it's a big factor in almost all of these incidents that have gone bad.

With that said, Black people have an important point that other folks don't have - the average Black person gets pulled over far more often than a person of another race. When I get pulled over once every decade, I know I've gotten pulled over for something I did wrong (speeding, running a stop sign, etc). When you get pulled over 20-30 times a decade you start to get a little pissed off because some of those are surely for driving Black and not for a real violation. The more you get pulled over for no good reason the more likely you are to react negatively. That's surely something we can fix - be better about tracking and recording stops by police by race/gender of those stopped.
I don’t think 20% more likely to be pulled over = that blacks on average are pulled over 20-30x a decade. I’m sure some are, but that has to be the extreme end.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/21/us/polic ... index.html
Assuming that 20% is really a meaningful result. Even later in that same article they say there are tons of differences from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
"It's good to have a general understanding, but each place has its caveats, and each jurisdiction has its own limitations or ways of doing things," Shoemaker says.

For instance, in Nashville, she says, the data for the area was so specific that a local police department was able to see that there was a preponderance of stops in mostly poor, black areas for things like taillights and license plates.
If you average it out over the nation you just end up with that 20% more (which is by itself not all that good either). But you likely have way too many cases in isolated areas where it's much worse. When you hear story after story of people having to leave for work earlier because they have to build in the time involved with being stopped by a cop (especially when going from their home, which is mostly black, to their work in an area that is mostly white) then you have to really consider it. Will Smith (celebrity, so take it for what it's worth) said he got pulled over 20-30 times as a kid in in Philly. I think we would be naively optimistic to think this isn't happening.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:49 am

The best part was after the 2nd altercation (when they attacked him on the ground) ended he just stood up and walked off like a mother fucking boss. 8-)
He won't be walking like a boss in the Big House. He'll be walking like a punk with a very tender asshole :rofl:
With a decent lawyer he'll never do time. Heck, there're tons of video evidence already that's going to muddy the waters. All depends on that first shooting - assuming he can prove self defense in that one and he's going to walk free, other than minor stuff like gun possession and such.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:54 am

With a decent lawyer he'll never do time. Heck, there're tons of video evidence already that's going to muddy the waters. All depends on that first shooting - assuming he can prove self defense in that one and he's going to walk free, other than minor stuff like gun possession and such.
And he has more than a decent lawyer.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
dbackjon wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 am He only votes Libertarian when he thinks his vote doesn't matter
You’re such a hypocrite. You’d be perfectly fine with a Green Party member who voted for Biden because he thought his vote didn’t matter. :dunce:
No kidding

Don’t you just love the contempt from all the retail partisans?

God forbid someone would actually vote for the party that most closely fits their own principles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:39 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:05 am
I don't disagree. But it seems like nearly all the victims of these high profile cases have something else in common too.
You'll have to elaborate - what did Floyd have similar with the guy in Konosha, other than race?
Long rap sheet.
Resisted arrest.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:39 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:05 am
I don't disagree. But it seems like nearly all the victims of these high profile cases have something else in common too.
You'll have to elaborate - what did Floyd have similar with the guy in Konosha, other than race?
Criminal records, meaning they have more contact with the police in official capacity.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:26 pm
Ivytalk wrote:
You’re such a hypocrite. You’d be perfectly fine with a Green Party member who voted for Biden because he thought his vote didn’t matter. :dunce:
No kidding

Don’t you just love the contempt from all the retail partisans?

God forbid someone would actually vote for the party that most closely fits their own principles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m voting for Jorgensen and for most of the LP candidates on the DE state ballot. I’m undecided about one guy: I may go GOP on that office.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Wonder why this gentleman was allowed to scream at a cop actively turn his back to a cop reach into a vehicle get into a vehicle hide his hands from the officer while in the vehicle and still not get shot

If that was a black man he would have at least 37 holes in his body right now. he would have been ripped from the vehicle there would have been 13 other cop cars screaming up to it

But just fucking comply right

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

So gratifying to watch.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Sounds like something you recycled from one of your Zimmerman beat down threads. How'd that work our for ya? :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Legal breakdown by Colion Noir:

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:09 pm

Sounds like something you recycled from one of your Zimmerman beat down threads. How'd that work our for ya? :rofl:
:thumb:

Turns out I was right all along, :ugeek:

You'll be pushing to try the incel kid as an adult I assume?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:42 pm Wonder why this gentleman was allowed to scream at a cop actively turn his back to a cop reach into a vehicle get into a vehicle hide his hands from the officer while in the vehicle and still not get shot

If that was a black man he would have at least 37 holes in his body right now. he would have been ripped from the vehicle there would have been 13 other cop cars screaming up to it

This looks like a traffic stop, not a 911 call. This man wasn't resisting arrest. This man didn't go hands on with the cop. He was an asshole, but he was complying. Etc. Etc. Etc.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

The crux of the biscuit is that the kid had no business being in the area at all, he was open carrying underage across a state line to where he is also underage. And if the story about his mom taking him to the event is true then she's in a world of shit and maybe the purchaser of the gun and ammo too assuming he wasn't able to buy tye ammo being underage. Hard to say if the self-defense defense will fly - its roughly the same situation as Ahmaud Arberry and the Georgia pigfuckers but in a different State. Be kind of ironic if they convict in Georgia and and walk free in Wisconsin
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:53 am
clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:42 pm Wonder why this gentleman was allowed to scream at a cop actively turn his back to a cop reach into a vehicle get into a vehicle hide his hands from the officer while in the vehicle and still not get shot

This looks like a traffic stop, not a 911 call. This man wasn't resisting arrest. This man didn't go hands on with the cop. He was an asshole, but he was complying. Etc. Etc. Etc.
If he were black he'd be lucky to survive the encounter.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:37 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:09 pm

:thumb:

Turns out I was right all along, :ugeek:

You'll be pushing to try the incel kid as an adult I assume?
Let him be tried as an adult. The question is when he gets off with nothing more than a minor in possession of a firearm, will there be more riots? :lol:

Oh and this: :clap: :notworthy:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:23 am

The crux of the biscuit is that the kid had no business being in the area at all, he was open carrying underage across a state line to where he is also underage. And if the story about his mom taking him to the event is true then she's in a world of shit and maybe the purchaser of the gun and ammo too assuming he wasn't able to buy tye ammo being underage. Hard to say if the self-defense defense will fly - its roughly the same situation as Ahmaud Arberry and the Georgia pigfuckers but in a different State. Be kind of ironic if they convict in Georgia and and walk free in Wisconsin
None of those people should have been there, hell the people he bagged lived farther away from Kenosha than he did. Also your premise ignores the fact that the WI governor turned down additional National Guard personnel. This whole night would have likely been avoided had the donk governor did his fucking job and not enabled this mob to begin with.

How many shootings and deaths have there been in Kenosha since the NG was deployed after that fateful night?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

For the police reform crowd, I'd like to get you on record...

Scenario: Police receive trouble call on a convicted felon threatening the caller with deadly force. Felon says he has a gun in his pocket. Convicted felon is agitated and resists arrest upon arrival of police. Taser is ineffective. He appears to be possibly under the influence of meth or PCP. Convicted felon reaches in his pocket while turning toward police.

Question: How many shots at police from the convicted felon would you require them to absorb before they're allowed to engage the convicted felon (assuming they're not instantly killed)?

I'm just trying to figure out what your vision for the future is.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Baldy wrote:

Hands not visible
Threatening police lives
Weapon in hand
Getting in a car
Another inside the car that the police can't see also threatening them with violence
Hands can't be seen
Known weapon on that individual in his hands
Back turns to officers
Reaches in car potentially for a weapon

Now it matters if it's a traffic stop or a 911 call?

How many other made up defenses that only apply to one side do you have left?

Listen if Blake is justified then the guy that got one round should have gotten at least 7

The asshole in Washington should have gotten at least 7

If the cops in Kenosha followed protocol 100% then the other two aren't following protocol.

If those two are following protocol then Blake's weren't.

Was Blake hands on? Did he actually attack the cops before they let him walk around the car? That's terrible policing if so.

That man is resisting orders from a police officer. I believe that's called obstruction and is still also resisting.

Keep spinning because literally ever justification used in the Blake case applies to both other situations I posted. There's one key difference in the man interacting with the police.

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Also if you listen to the audio of that video it very clearly gets to the point where the officer tells him to get on the ground and is placing him under arrest because he starts bitching about how he knows his rights and what he's under arrest for

He is resisting arrest
He is being non-compliant
There is a angry person in the vehicle threatening that off

Both of them should have rounds and then based on the James Blake standard

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

What about this one where the guy is actively hands on and fighting

disarms an officer of their service baton and starts beating them with it

Not a single fucking shot fired

What's your bullshit made up spin on that one

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

93henfan wrote:For the police reform crowd, I'd like to get you on record...

Scenario: Police receive trouble call on a convicted felon threatening the caller with deadly force. Felon says he has a gun in his pocket. Convicted felon is agitated and resists arrest upon arrival of police. Taser is ineffective. He appears to be possibly under the influence of meth or PCP. Convicted felon reaches in his pocket while turning toward police.

Question: How many shots at police from the convicted felon would you require them to absorb before they're allowed to engage the convicted felon (assuming they're not instantly killed)?

I'm just trying to figure out what your vision for the future is.
If he's white he gets as many shots as he wants