Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: How Trump Wins

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:54 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:48 am

No need to do anything. Just give them time and they will do it to themselves.
That’s right. CA is imploding as we type. Here’s a link to an article that spells out some reasons. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... vUq12EPKEH
I believe California will decommission over 3500MW of power generation in the next 5 years. The rolling brown outs are just getting started.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

That’s right. CA is imploding as we type. Here’s a link to an article that spells out some reasons. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... vUq12EPKEH

As long as they don't decide to go home
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:09 pm

I am not sure Mexico would take them back.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:27 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:25 am

Agreed. Plus, he's so good at sucking the air out of the room that everything, 24/7, is about him. He's despicable, but you can't stop talking about him. Couple that with the Dems just being an absolute mess right now and you can feel it swinging towards Trump again. I'm already seeing the signs again here in Bucks County, PA (one of the Philly suburbs that tend to decide PA) that it's swinging towards Trump again. The BLM stuff isn't helping the Dems because they picked an old white man who didn't want his kids going to an inner city school (and sent them to a nice, mostly-white private school) and who wrote the Crime Bill that locked up a generation of Black young men, and because Kamala's background in criminal justice isn't going to excite that base. When you don't see either party worth voting for, then your only outlet is to hit the streets. That's what they're doing. Biden can't win without the Black vote.
Biden’s daughter. I hear that they used to call her the “snow queen” at school because, well, you know...
Hunter and Ashley are well-known coke fiends. Ashley was filmed doing blow in 2009 (and complaining that the line was too small) and somebody paid off the filmer to make it go away.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:42 am

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't whomp his ass hopping - you can't just get rid of the world's sixth largest economy. :coffee:
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:27 am Biden’s daughter. I hear that they used to call her the “snow queen” at school because, well, you know...
We had a girl like that in high school (catholic school). We called her "blow pop." :coffee:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:02 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Most of their fanilies have been here since CA was part of Mexico. Wrong crowd. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:09 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:02 pm

Most of their fanilies have been here since CA was part of Mexico. Wrong crowd. :coffee:
Sure......

A friendly suggestion, you might want to let the moonshine still clean out a bit more before sampling it. :thumb:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:19 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:09 am

Sure......

A friendly suggestion, you might want to let the moonshine still clean out a bit more before sampling it. :thumb:
I watched the influx first hand growing up back in the day - the trash blew in from the east. :nod:

Probably before the best of you ran down your dad's leg. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Michael Moore’s take...lack of enthusiasm for Biden while high pitched fervor for Trump in swing states. Also, Biden won’t be visiting Michigan. Echoes of 2016.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 16-warning
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 pm Michael Moore’s take...lack of enthusiasm for Biden while high pitched fervor for Trump in swing states. Also, Biden won’t be visiting Michigan. Echoes of 2016.

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:Michael Moore’s take...lack of enthusiasm for Biden while high pitched fervor for Trump in swing states. Also, Biden won’t be visiting Michigan. Echoes of 2016.

Why would you even bother with what that fat cunt thinks?

Hes a complete choad and he’s lucky the Reaper has been distracted by COVID

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:28 am
Winterborn wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:19 am

Sure......

I watched the influx first hand growing up back in the day - the trash blew in from the east. :nod:

Well when you have been around since dirt was rocks, that insults describes just about everybody.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:24 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:28 am

Well when you have been around since dirt was rocks, that insults describes just about everybody.
Your tap out is accepted :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 pm Michael Moore’s take...lack of enthusiasm for Biden while high pitched fervor for Trump in swing states. Also, Biden won’t be visiting Michigan. Echoes of 2016.

Sometimes I think the democrats want to lose.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:10 pm
kalm wrote:Michael Moore’s take...lack of enthusiasm for Biden while high pitched fervor for Trump in swing states. Also, Biden won’t be visiting Michigan. Echoes of 2016.

Meh. He’s been right about somethings including making a similar prediction around the same time in 2016.

The level of Trump support/his approval rating at this point is surprising.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:26 am
Winterborn wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:24 pm

Since 1850, 17.7M of Californian residents have come from Mexico. The next highest is New York and Texas, at 5.3M and 5.1M respectively. Since we were talking generalities, that covers the question at hand. :coffee:

And since you remind me of my late grandfather, I will throw you a bone and say that in the 40's it was Illinois, in the 50's and 60's was Texas , 70's New York. So you're recollections are not wrong prior to 1970, it is just that since then Mexican immigration into California has dwarfed anybody else by several orders of magnitude.

For anybody wanting to look at U.S. migration patterns the University of Washington has a site for their "America's Great Migrations Project" that is fascinating if one wants to delve a bit deeper.

http://depts.washington.edu/moving1/

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:17 am

Meh. He’s been right about somethings including making a similar prediction around the same time in 2016.

The level of Trump support/his approval rating at this point is surprising.
again...not when considering the alternative.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:34 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:26 am

Since 1850, 17.7M of Californian residents have come from Mexico. The next highest is New York and Texas, at 5.3M and 5.1M respectively. Since we were talking generalities, that covers the question at hand. :coffee:

And since you remind me of my late grandfather, I will throw you a bone and say that in the 40's it was Illinois, in the 50's and 60's was Texas , 70's New York. So you're recollections are not wrong prior to 1970, it is just that since then Mexican immigration into California has dwarfed anybody else by several orders of magnitude.

For anybody wanting to look at U.S. migration patterns the University of Washington has a site for their "America's Great Migrations Project" that is fascinating if one wants to delve a bit deeper.

http://depts.washington.edu/moving1/
I think Mexicans are a positive addition to the nation - Cobden, IL wouldn't still be here if it weren't for the Mexicans.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Because he was right about '16 before everybody?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:10 pm Why would you even bother with what that fat cunt thinks?

Diabetes has been asleep at the switch with that choad since 2000

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:18 pm

I think it is reasonable to be concerned. However, I also think that 2016 was a situation in which a bunch of people felt that Clinton was a lock. They figured Trump had no chance to win and behaved accordingly. I don't think that's going to happen this time. Doesn't mean Biden is a lock to win. But it's a factor that makes things a little different this time.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:55 pm
houndawg wrote:
Diabetes has been asleep at the switch with that choad since 2000

true dat, but he was ahead of the curve in '16, including the Donald's team, and he's starting to get nervous abou November
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:27 am

Sometimes I think the democrats want to lose.
I have to admit, that thought has popped into my head from time to time. The mad rush to nominate Biden to stave off a Bernie nomination may have been the right short term approach but wrong in the long term.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Said it many times, but this country is ripe for electing a candidate who could combine liberal economic populism with Trump's nativist and nationalist populism. Problem is that's the opposite of what many people who fund campaigns want, so the Donks are stuck with an economic platform that nobody outside of Democratic Underground really likes and trying to pander to the prog left by using wokeness that's going to turn more people off than you win back.

The best historical analogue IMO is 2004 with a lame Democrat nominee who just assumes the Republican incumbent will defeat himself.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.