Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: 2020 Democratic Convention

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:38 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Over/under of the ADA being invoked sometime during or after the debates?

Biden is not going to make sense and Trump will be all over the map. :coffee:
Biden will make sense. If you watched his press conference today where he had to answer questions you saw that he is fine cognitively and can answer questions in a cogent, thoughtful way. Trump will lie a lot and act like a 10 year old. Biden will come off as the more knowledgable and rational of the two. But, for some reason, there is a substantial proportion of population that thinks that a 74 year old man acting like a 10 year old and lying a lot is cool.
Or a 74 year old man acting like a 10 year old is the same as Biden.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Biden will make sense. If you watched his press conference today where he had to answer questions you saw that he is fine cognitively and can answer questions in a cogent, thoughtful way. Trump will lie a lot and act like a 10 year old. Biden will come off as the more knowledgable and rational of the two. But, for some reason, there is a substantial proportion of population that thinks that a 74 year old man acting like a 10 year old and lying a lot is cool.
I didn’t know that clinical psychology was part of your talents. :lol:

My money’s on Trump in the debates.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Biden will win in terms of actual substance. Will the polls of those watching the debates indicate that most who watched the debates think Trump lost as was the case when he had his debates with Hillary? I don't know. But there's a pretty good chance. Again: If you watched the Biden press conference today you know that there is a HUGE difference between the way in which Republicans have been trying to cast Biden and the reality. He's very capable. And he does come off as far more rational than Trump does. You don't have to be a clinical psychologist to see that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:49 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Biden will win in terms of actual substance. Will the polls of those watching the debates indicate that most who watched the debates think Trump lost as was the case when he had his debates with Hillary? I don't know. But there's a pretty good chance. Again: If you watched the Biden press conference today you know that there is a HUGE difference between the way in which Republicans have been trying to cast Biden and the reality. He's very capable. And he does come off as far more rational than Trump does. You don't have to be a clinical psychologist to see that.
I watched part of it and wasn't impressed, he answered a lot of softball questions. He is more rational than Trump until he gets angry during a debate, and his parties platform, while having a few good ideas, is just too far left.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:06 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:49 pm

I watched part of it and wasn't impressed, he answered a lot of softball questions. He is more rational than Trump until he gets angry during a debate, and his parties platform, while having a few good ideas, is just too far left.
The last question was not a softball question at all. He did a very good job of responding to it. I don't know that the others were all that softball either.

And at least the Democratic Party HAS a platform. The Republican Party platform is "Whatever the Dear Leader says."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:28 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:06 pm

The last question was not a softball question at all. He did a very good job of responding to it. I don't know that the others were all that softball either.

And at least the Democratic Party HAS a platform. The Republican Party platform is "Whatever the Dear Leader says."
As I said, I didn't see the entire interview, and what I did see was pretty soft questions. The have a platform, one I can't support. Some of what Trump says appears to made up as he's is speaking. Third party vote again for me.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:48 am POTUS 1 - September 29 - Case Western University, Cleveland Chris Wallace
90 minutes long. Divided into 6 15-minute segments on topics announced a week ahead of time.

VP - October 7 - University of Utah Susan Page
90 minutes long. Divided into 9 segments of 10 minutes each.

POTUS 2 - October 15 - Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts in Miami Steve Skully
90 minutes long. Town hall format.

POTUS 3 - October 22 - Belmont University in Nashville Kristen Welker
90 minutes long. 6 15-minute segments on topics announced at least a week ahead of time.

As far as "virtual" or not - I'm sure the audience will be pretty limited but, no indication the candidates won't be in person.
Moderators added.

It's almost like there will be debates. :coffee:
Looks like it!

(Nancy Pelosi hardest hit)

BTW if the DNC had caved to her I am pretty sure you’d slink out of your virtual hovel and defend it.

(Because I’d troll you into doing it)
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

:dunce: :rofl: :rofl:
SDHornet wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:43 pm No way they let Joe debate Trump, absolutely no way.

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.