Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 am What Pelosi did is dumb, but talk about the complete hypocrisy on the right.

Trump and his gang break laws left and right, 190K dead, but I guess he's correct he can shoot someone and not lose a single voter.

Can't wait to see the dude arrested.
Did he murder 190k people?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:53 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 am
Arrested for what. Making liberals cry? :lol:
Campaign finance fraud, nepotism, obstructing justice, soliciting foreign interference in elections, inciting violence, inciting voter fraud, directly profiting off the Presidency, maybe some light treason.
Enough about Obama. This is about Trump, remember?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:01 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 am What Pelosi did is dumb, but talk about the complete hypocrisy on the right.

Trump and his gang break laws left and right, 190K dead, but I guess he's correct he can shoot someone and not lose a single voter.

Can't wait to see the dude arrested.
Possibly. I'd ask the families of the dead.

At minimum, I'd find him and his merry gang guilty for criminal negligence if I was on a jury.

The 190K dead wasn't calling him out for murder though...you kinda missed the point. I just find it ridiculous that Pelosi (who did something wrong and admits to it) gets flogged by the right while Trump continually commits serious criminal activities in office (and more before the Presidency) while overseeing the death of 190K Americans on his watch.

And not only that, but his crimes undermine the fundamental foundations of democracy and American freedom.

But yes, let's talk about Pelosi. :roll:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:01 am

At minimum, I'd find him and his merry gang guilty for criminal negligence if I was on a jury.

The 190K dead wasn't calling him out for murder though...you kinda missed the point. I just find it ridiculous that Pelosi (who did something wrong and admits to it) gets flogged by the right while Trump continually commits serious criminal activities in office (and more before the Presidency) while overseeing the death of 190K Americans on his watch.

And not only that, but his crimes undermine the fundamental foundations of democracy and American freedom.

You must have me confused for someone that likes Trump and would defend him. Pelosi admitted doing something and then blamed someone for setting her up. Yeah, she's taking responsibility. :roll:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declined to apologize Wednesday for her visit to a San Francisco hair salon that was supposed to be closed under the city’s coronavirus pandemic rules, and suggested the business had tricked her.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/art ... 538247.php

Spare me the the sanctimonious speech. You essentially just said, " Yeah, but Trump." I admit, I think the man is awful, but it is ok to say someone messed up with saying, 'Yeah, but Pelosi is ....." or " But Trump can do x....."

Let's do away with "Yeah, but's" :twocents: I know I'm trying to...
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:01 am Did he murder 190k people?

Um.. no, she did not admit any responsibility. She pulled the vast right wing conspiracy card directly out of the Clinton playbook and blamed the owner.

In fact, it was very Trumpy of her.

Buttrump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:23 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am

You must have me confused for someone that likes Trump and would defend him. Pelosi admitted doing something and then blamed someone for setting her up. Yeah, she's taking responsibility. :roll:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declined to apologize Wednesday for her visit to a San Francisco hair salon that was supposed to be closed under the city’s coronavirus pandemic rules, and suggested the business had tricked her.

Spare me the the sanctimonious speech. You essentially just said, " Yeah, but Trump." I admit, I think the man is awful, but it is ok to say someone messed up with saying, 'Yeah, but Pelosi is ....." or " But Trump can do x....."

Sanctimonious? Pot...meet kettle.

Continue to ignore the urgent issues our democracy is facing so you can preach to me about "but" arguments, moderation, and how Pelosi didn't apologize. I'm sure your children will be glad to live in an ever-increasing authoritarian state "but" hey, both sides are the same.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 am I'm sure your children will be glad to live in an ever-increasing authoritarian state "but" hey, both sides are the same.
:suspicious:

"ever-increasing authoritarian state"

Says the one who has been a proponent of "the state" mandating that everyone wear masks, mandating that businesses close, mandating to restrict the free flow of goods, services, and people, mandating that "the state" track where people go and who the meet, etc., etc., etc.

Jeezus Christ, you're the authoritarian state's biggest cheerleader around here. :silly:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:09 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 am I'm sure your children will be glad to live in an ever-increasing authoritarian state "but" hey, both sides are the same.

Says the one who has been a proponent of "the state" mandating that everyone wear masks, mandating that businesses close, mandating to restrict the free flow of goods, services, and people, mandating that "the state" track where people go and who the meet, etc., etc., etc.

Jeezus Christ, you're the authoritarian state's biggest cheerleader around here. :silly:
You don't have to take anything from me. In fact, you shouldn't.

But you should listen to the immigrants who left authoritarian states. You should listen to the warnings from holocaust survivors. You should be listening to scholars and historians. The warning bells have been ringing for a while now.

I only hope that enough people hear the bell and heed the call that America is in genuine danger. We've been too comfortable in thinking it can't happen here, but our system isn't as robust as we want to believe.

edit: https://eand.co/we-dont-know-how-to-war ... ff80912391
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 am

Continue to ignore the urgent issues our democracy is facing so you can preach to me about "but" arguments, moderation, and how Pelosi didn't apologize. I'm sure your children will be glad to live in an ever-increasing authoritarian state "but" hey, both sides are the same.
Can you list me a couple of those urgent issues?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:31 pm

But you should listen to the immigrants who left authoritarian states. You should listen to the warnings from holocaust survivors. You should be listening to scholars and historians. The warning bells have been ringing for a while now.

I only hope that enough people hear the bell and heed the call that America is in genuine danger. We've been too comfortable in thinking it can't happen here, but our system isn't as robust as we want to believe.

Most of the immigrants I know who left authoritarian states, particularly the Soviet Union, are Trump supporters. They warn about BLM and ANTIFA, not Trump.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

The warning bells have been ringing for a while. This isn't a phenomenon that started with or is unique to Trump or the Republicans/right. Some of the louder bells - The Homeland Security Act and the Patriot Act and President Obama's overuse of executive orders were done by Democrats or with significant Democratic support.

The threat isn't from Trump and the Republicans. The threat is from a federal government that wants more power and more authority over our lives.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Exactly, and that's why the vast majority of those folks are the ones who are throwing the warning signs about Antifa and BLM. They're the ones who are fleeing authoritarian states like California, New York, Illinois, and New Jersey to freer states like Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Georgia.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 am

So you have nothing. Just spewing out opinions about people instead of sticking to facts. Got it.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm merely stating that you are doing exactly what Trumpers do - you deflect and pull a "but" argument. Pelosi didn't admit wrongdoing. She blamed someone else for her own failure. If you're going to bitch and moan about Trump or a Republican not accepting responsibility, make sure your example holds up to scrutiny.

And there's no need to bring my child into this. Don't be a fucking dick. :tothehand: It'd be best to just not go there with anyone. You don't have a goddamn clue what I'm teaching her. So let's just leave the children out of this - b/c it is here that you know absolutely nothing and are 100%, without a doubt, positively wrong and you fucking know it. :tothehand: :tothehand:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Plenty of us have been hearing the warning calls for sometime. Plenty of us on here and in the real world didn't drink the kool aid that is Trump and realizes the threat he poses. Will the Republic fall? Probably not. But that isn't to say that there won't be any damage or fall out from a President who was only elected b/c he wasn't Clinton or an establishment politician.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

The warning bells have been ringing for a while. This isn't a phenomenon that started with or is unique to Trump or the Republicans/right. Some of the louder bells - The Homeland Security Act and the Patriot Act and President Obama's overuse of executive orders were done by Democrats or with significant Democratic support.

The threat isn't from Trump and the Republicans. The threat is from a federal government that wants more power and more authority over our lives.
You're such a dipshit. Democrats have nothing to do with government overreach and it's hurried pace towards an authoritative state. It's all lies. LIES!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I would say Trump's unprecedented among presidents in his impulsiveness and ego and buffoonery but the idea he's unique among presidents in contempt for rules and separation of powers? Hahahahahahahahahaha :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Fair. I won't say that again.

That does bring up some food for thought. I think a bunch here post way too much info about their kids and families (including photos). Activities, accomplishments locations, sometimes names. I get they're your kids and families, not mine, but children should have a right to privacy even if they can't control their privacy at this point in their lives. They'll be grown men and women some day.

This is also a public message board and the internet is forever. Besides privacy, there's probably a safety issue at play.

:twocents:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:Fair. I won't say that again.

That does bring up some food for thought. I think a bunch here post way too much info about their kids and families (including photos). Activities, accomplishments locations, sometimes names. I get they're your kids and families, not mine, but children should have a right to privacy even if they can't control their privacy at this point in their lives. They'll be grown men and women some day.

This is also a public message board and the internet is forever. Besides privacy, there's probably a safety issue at play.

That’s a fair point about privacy. I don’t think I’ve ever posted a pic of Lil CCU. Probably never will. I don’t nee JSO getting hot and bothered.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:25 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

You're such a dipshit. Democrats have nothing to do with government overreach and it's hurried pace towards an authoritative state. It's all lies. LIES!
:rofl: Thank you! That cracked me up.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I'm taking an indefinite hiatus from this site, but before I go I wanted to share the Urban Dictionary definition I was just able to get published. Take care and be well everyone:

Going Pelosi:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... g%20Pelosi
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:44 pm Fair. I won't say that again.

But abortion still cool though, right?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am if I was on a jury
A funny yet scary thought. You have a big problem separating your beliefs from law. A good defense attorney will get rid of you before you ever got on the jury.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:29 pm I'm taking an indefinite hiatus from this site
I figured as much.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am if I was on a jury
A funny yet scary thought. You have a big problem separating your beliefs from law. A good defense attorney will get rid of you before you ever got on the jury.
I was about to say ... any attorney worth a penny would use the first strike on Treep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris