Football Championship Subdivision discussions
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Deion Sanders!!!!!

Post by dal4018 »

HBCU SPORTS recently revealed that this NFL HOF DB is the new head coach at Jackson St the school that produced ppl like Walter Payton,Jackie Slater,Harold Jackson,Robert Brazile.Brazile,Payton,Slater all have HOF by their names.Sanders was recently interviewed on GOOD MORNING AMERICA by another FCS product ex Texas Southern alum HOF Michael Strahan.There was a rumor started that Warren Sapp,Terrell Owens was going to be apart of his coaching staff but Sanders immediately shot that down.Sanders hit the recruiting trail looking for 5 STAR ATHLETES.Needless to say his isn't playing around.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Deion Sanders!!!!!

Post by JohnStOnge »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:52 pm HBCU SPORTS recently revealed that this NFL HOF DB is the new head coach at Jackson St the school that produced ppl like Walter Payton,Jackie Slater,Harold Jackson,Robert Brazile.Brazile,Payton,Slater all have HOF by their names.Sanders was recently interviewed on GOOD MORNING AMERICA by another FCS product ex Texas Southern alum HOF Michael Strahan.There was a rumor started that Warren Sapp,Terrell Owens was going to be apart of his coaching staff but Sanders immediately shot that down.Sanders hit the recruiting trail looking for 5 STAR ATHLETES.Needless to say his isn't playing around.
He wasn't as fast as Darrell Green was.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

No smack talk here.

Best of luck with the new coach. Hope he can bring you guys to powerhouse level.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:54 pm
dal4018 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:52 pm HBCU SPORTS recently revealed that this NFL HOF DB is the new head coach at Jackson St the school that produced ppl like Walter Payton,Jackie Slater,Harold Jackson,Robert Brazile.Brazile,Payton,Slater all have HOF by their names.Sanders was recently interviewed on GOOD MORNING AMERICA by another FCS product ex Texas Southern alum HOF Michael Strahan.There was a rumor started that Warren Sapp,Terrell Owens was going to be apart of his coaching staff but Sanders immediately shot that down.Sanders hit the recruiting trail looking for 5 STAR ATHLETES.Needless to say his isn't playing around.
He wasn't as fast as Darrell Green was.
No he wasn't if DG was at Texas Southern he would ran against D1 comp in NCAA TRACK
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:39 pm No smack talk here.

Best of luck with the new coach. Hope he can bring you guys to powerhouse level.
Yes best of luck to him I want to see JSU among the FCS powers again.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Good luck to Deion! :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

That's a big get. Good luck to Primetime!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 am That's a big get. Good luck to Primetime!
This needless to say is a big story he just did another interview on ESPN recently.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:02 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 am That's a big get. Good luck to Primetime!
This needless to say is a big story he just did another interview on ESPN recently.
Just his name recognition should attract recruits.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Already attracting big names to his staff....

WR Coach Terrell Owens

DL Coach Warren Sapp

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:30 pm Already attracting big names to his staff....

WR Coach Terrell Owens

DL Coach Warren Sapp
Add Dennis Thurman, it's looking like a Prime-Time coaching staff. Emmitt Smith has mentioned he may be available as a Running Backs coach.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I could see Dennis Thurman. It seems to me that he'd be a soothing influence to an otherwise unreliable staff.

My personal choices would have been Ed Jones as DL Coach and Drew Pearson as WR Coach, with perhaps Tony Dorsett as HC. Of course, I'm clearly biased for '70s-'80s Cowboys, so that's definitely affecting my argument....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Deion said these ppl are not candidates for his staff he said this in a response on Twitter.
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

A good season or two and FSU might come calling. That program is a disaster.

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Danger here, of course, is that he's another Isaiah Thomas - all splash and no substance. Remember, Isaiah went in and broke the Knicks, and then he headed the CBA for a couple of years and bankrupted that organization into oblivion. Deion has a little of that track record - the charter school he founded - Prime Prep Academy - went insolvent a few years after he started it. He was the head coach of that outfit. I wish him all the success, I would just be worried that he has no longevity and no long term plan in mind to be successful. Will make for great headlines though.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:43 am Danger here, of course, is that he's another Isaiah Thomas - all splash and no substance. Remember, Isaiah went in and broke the Knicks, and then he headed the CBA for a couple of years and bankrupted that organization into oblivion. Deion has a little of that track record - the charter school he founded - Prime Prep Academy - went insolvent a few years after he started it. He was the head coach of that outfit. I wish him all the success, I would just be worried that he has no longevity and no long term plan in mind to be successful. Will make for great headlines though.
Lets hope he has learned from his past mistakes.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:12 am I could see Dennis Thurman. It seems to me that he'd be a soothing influence to an otherwise unreliable staff.

My personal choices would have been Ed Jones as DL Coach and Drew Pearson as WR Coach, with perhaps Tony Dorsett as HC. Of course, I'm clearly biased for '70s-'80s Cowboys, so that's definitely affecting my argument....
Ed Jones is the only one of the three with a HBCU background coming out of Tennessee St he was the number 1 selection in the '74 draft.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Deion Sanders hit another home run in recruiting his son SHEDEUR SANDERS a 4 star recruit has signed on to play for dear old dad at Jackson St.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Here’s Dal desperately trying to keep a football-related thread on the first page to keep up the illusion this is a football message board...lol
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:20 pm Here’s Dal desperately trying to keep a football-related thread on the first page to keep up the illusion this is a football message board...lol
It worked you responded this young man is a 4 star prospect with obvious talent.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dal4018 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:25 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:20 pm Here’s Dal desperately trying to keep a football-related thread on the first page to keep up the illusion this is a football message board...lol
It worked you responded this young man is a 4 star prospect with obvious talent.
:lol: :lol: :thumb:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:46 am
dal4018 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:25 am

Laugh all you want he is getting the results that he wanted.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:35 pm

How many more kids does Deion have that he can "recruit"? Can he have enough for a whole offense or defense? What does that living room pitch look like when you recruit your own son? Do you just tell him he can have the remote and you let him change the channels? Is that enough?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

It’s his SON. You’re somehow “shocked” that his son wants to come play for him? Wake me up when a couple OTHER 4-star recruits sign up.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:23 pm
It’s his SON. You’re somehow “shocked” that his son wants to come play for him? Wake me up when a couple OTHER 4-star recruits sign up.
They are working on that as we speak.