Political discussions
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Hunter Biden

Post by HI54UNI »

Report on Hunter Biden from the Homeland Security and Finance Committees is out.

Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Corruption: The Impacton U.S. Government Policy and Related Concerns

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/ ... _FINAL.pdf

Conclusion

The records acquired by the Committees show that Hunter Biden and his family were involved in a vast financial network that connected them to foreign nationals and foreign governments across the globe. Hunter Biden and Archer, in particular, formed significant and consistent financial relationships with the corrupt oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky during their time working for Burisma and their firms made millions of dollars from that association while Joe Biden was vice president and the public face of the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy. Rosemont Seneca Thornton, an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden, received $3.5 million in a wire transfer from Elena Baturina, who allegedly received illegal construction contracts from her husband, the former mayor of Moscow. Moreover, Archer’s apparent receipt of money for a car from Kenges Rakishev of Kazakhstan while Vice President Biden was in Kyiv is especially concerning in light of the timing. And finally, Biden and Archer’s work with Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime illustrate the deep financial connections that accelerated while his father was vice president and continued after he left office.

Biden and Archer found willing partners in Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime. Their work in China began at least in 2009, with the creation of Rosemont Seneca Partners with Heinz, Secretary of State John Kerry’s stepson. Then, several years later, Biden and Archer formed BHR with Bohai Capital and received their business license approval in China shortly after Biden visited China with his father, Vice President Biden.

Hunter Biden’s connections and financial associations appear to have accelerated significantly after he associated himself with Ye Jianming, who had deep connections with the Communist regime and PLA. However, that didn’t seem to have any impact on Hunter Biden, who made millions from the relationship. Indeed, Hunter Biden and his family, to include James and Sara Biden, associated with other Chinese nationals such as Gongwen Dong. In one case, the three of them went on a $100,000 global spending spree after Gongwen Dong and Hunter Biden opened a joint account. In addition, Hunter Biden received millions of dollars over a period of years from Gongwen Dong’s companies. According to records acquired by the Committees, many of these transactions involved potential criminal financial activity.

The records acquired by the Committees show consistent, significant and extensive financial connections among and between Hunter Biden, James Biden, Sara Biden, Devon Archer, and Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime and PLA as well as other foreign nationals with questionable backgrounds. These connections and the vast amount of money transferred among and between them don’t just raise conflicts of interest concerns, they raise criminal financial, counterintelligence and extortion concerns. The Committees will continue to evaluate the evidence in their possession.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Hunter Biden

Post by Baldy »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 am Report on Hunter Biden from the Homeland Security and Finance Committees is out.

Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Corruption: The Impacton U.S. Government Policy and Related Concerns

Conclusion

The records acquired by the Committees show that Hunter Biden and his family were involved in a vast financial network that connected them to foreign nationals and foreign governments across the globe. Hunter Biden and Archer, in particular, formed significant and consistent financial relationships with the corrupt oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky during their time working for Burisma and their firms made millions of dollars from that association while Joe Biden was vice president and the public face of the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy. Rosemont Seneca Thornton, an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden, received $3.5 million in a wire transfer from Elena Baturina, who allegedly received illegal construction contracts from her husband, the former mayor of Moscow. Moreover, Archer’s apparent receipt of money for a car from Kenges Rakishev of Kazakhstan while Vice President Biden was in Kyiv is especially concerning in light of the timing. And finally, Biden and Archer’s work with Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime illustrate the deep financial connections that accelerated while his father was vice president and continued after he left office.

Biden and Archer found willing partners in Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime. Their work in China began at least in 2009, with the creation of Rosemont Seneca Partners with Heinz, Secretary of State John Kerry’s stepson. Then, several years later, Biden and Archer formed BHR with Bohai Capital and received their business license approval in China shortly after Biden visited China with his father, Vice President Biden.

Hunter Biden’s connections and financial associations appear to have accelerated significantly after he associated himself with Ye Jianming, who had deep connections with the Communist regime and PLA. However, that didn’t seem to have any impact on Hunter Biden, who made millions from the relationship. Indeed, Hunter Biden and his family, to include James and Sara Biden, associated with other Chinese nationals such as Gongwen Dong. In one case, the three of them went on a $100,000 global spending spree after Gongwen Dong and Hunter Biden opened a joint account. In addition, Hunter Biden received millions of dollars over a period of years from Gongwen Dong’s companies. According to records acquired by the Committees, many of these transactions involved potential criminal financial activity.

The records acquired by the Committees show consistent, significant and extensive financial connections among and between Hunter Biden, James Biden, Sara Biden, Devon Archer, and Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime and PLA as well as other foreign nationals with questionable backgrounds. These connections and the vast amount of money transferred among and between them don’t just raise conflicts of interest concerns, they raise criminal financial, counterintelligence and extortion concerns. The Committees will continue to evaluate the evidence in their possession.
:rofl:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 am Report on Hunter Biden from the Homeland Security and Finance Committees is out.

Conclusion

Oh yeah? Well he didn't say grab her by the pussy!!!!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Funny thing is none of this was really a secret but depending on what social circles one is running with in DC, the rumors of what Hunter has been doing have been out for years.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Nobody will care about this even though they should.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 am Nobody will care about this even though they should.
No shit.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:02 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 am Nobody will care about this even though they should.
No shit.
Watched the second half of The American President last night. Yes, it's a liberal circle jerk and Sorkin's writing is rather smarmy, but it's a good flick with really enjoyable actors and quite a few memorable lines. One of the most poignant from the lobbyist...
Congressman Pennybaker, on election day, people give a damn about what I tell them to give a damn about. And that's why I have a job.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Do you people seriously think reports produced by Republican controlled committees at this time on subject matter like that are credible? I mean really.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, if you read that Conclusions quote you will see a lot of obvious inflammatory language that makes it clear that we are not dealing with an objective assessment. But you will also see that they don't really have anything.

We all know what this was. It was Ron Johnson using his position as Chair of the committee to try do a hit job on the Democrat candidate for President.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:55 pm BTW, if you read that Conclusions quote you will see a lot of obvious inflammatory language that makes it clear that we are not dealing with an objective assessment. But you will also see that they don't really have anything.

We all know what this was. It was Nancy Pelosi using her position as Speaker of the House to try do a hit job on the President.
FYP so that it applies to impeachment. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:30 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:55 pm BTW, if you read that Conclusions quote you will see a lot of obvious inflammatory language that makes it clear that we are not dealing with an objective assessment. But you will also see that they don't really have anything.

We all know what this was. It was Nancy Pelosi using her position as Speaker of the House to try do a hit job on the President.
No, no, no...that's different. Tell 'em JSO.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

No mention on CBS Evening DNC Report
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Benghazi!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:05 pmBenghazi!
Trump's a Nazi!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I doubt it. I'd have to read the whole damned report to see if it actually had any evidence of anything. But there was evidence for impeachment. There was no reasonable doubt that Trump did what he was accused of doing. In fact there were even Republican Senators who said so but said that even though he did it they didn't think it merited removal from office.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:29 pm

I doubt it. I'd have to read the whole damned report to see if it actually had any evidence of anything. But there was evidence for impeachment. There was no reasonable doubt that Trump did what he was accused of doing. In fact there were even Republican Senators who said so but said that even though he did it they didn't think it merited removal from office.
So there was a fire with Trump but it's all smoke with Hunter?

Are you naive or partisan enough to really believe that Hunter is completely innocent and this is just a hit job?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, Pelosi clearly did not WANT to start impeachment proceedings against Trump. As you recall, what happened is that there was a whistleblower complaint filed according to law. Then Trump released a call summary that pretty much confirmed that the whistleblower complaint was true. That's when Pelosi pulled the trigger. Trump pretty much forced her hand by releasing a call summary that showed any reasonable person that he did what the whistleblower complaint said he did. She would much rather, for political reasons, not have pursued impeachment.

Had she been anxious to pursue impeachment she'd have done it after the Mueller report showed Trump obstructing justice and ordering the White House Counsel to create a false record.
Could I ever be a star?

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:47 pm Do you people seriously think reports produced by Republican controlled committees at this time on subject matter like that are credible? I mean really.
And by "you people" you mean anyone right of AOC. Because that's where you are these days, left of AOC.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Are you naive or partisan enough to really believe that Hunter is completely innocent and this is just a hit job?
There was a reason independent of Congress for why Trump got impeached. The House had not tried to initiate impeachment proceedings even after the Mueller report documented Trump actions that more than a thousand former Federal prosecutors argues was obstruction of justice along with his action to tell Don McGahn to create a false memo to file. You can say Bill Barr said there was no obstruction of justice but there was plenty of basis for arguing that there was. They didn't do it.

They didn't even do it when the whistleblower complaint was filed. They only did it when Trump released a call summary that confirmed that the whistleblower complaint was true.

Did Hunter Biden do anything wrong? Yes. I think he did because at the very least he created an appearance of impropriety. But I have seen absolutely no evidence that he broke any laws or that what he did has any bearing on what his father did. We all know what this is.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:32 pm

No, it's just TDS in full bloom.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

No one really cares about government corruption anymore, they just don't. People on the left like JSO lionized Hillary Clinton in 2016 despite the well documented facts that she and Bill funneled government contracts in Haiti specifically to campaign donors. Even ABCNews ran with the story and no one cared. Trump is likely doing a host of similar illegal things and no one on the right seems to care very much about it. When both sides champion candidates with questionable backgrounds and the focus is just on gaining power, then it's no surprise that no one cares that politicians like the Bidens have been profiting off of their positions for years. There's a reason why these folks try to stay in their positions for as long as they do - when it's as profitable as it is, why wouldn't you try to stay in government for as many decades as possible. It's a windfall.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:25 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:05 pmBenghazi!
Trump's a Nazi!
So are the Biden’s!
The 87-page report called the younger Biden's role at a company suspected of corruption "awkward" and "problematic" at a time when the US was trying to help clean up corruption in Ukraine.

However, the report found little additional information that had not already been publicly revealed in news reports and testimony to the impeachment committee.

Mr Trump has claimed that Mr Biden meddled in Ukraine to help his son's business interests, but lawmakers found no evidence of this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 0-54268887

Ganny is right. Zero ethics. It’s a game. The rest of us are suckers for playing by the rules.

I used to be discouraged by the “it’s only illegal if you get caught”. Now you can get caught and still skate.

Bankers are loan sharks with a suit. Pharmaceutical companies are heroine dealers with fancy offices. We are perfectly fine with corruption.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Conclusion

Yep. Goes to show that Trump was absolutely right to ask Ukraine to look into the Bidens, and the whole impeachment was a sham.. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.