Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: White Privilege

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:34 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:34 am

So much missed opportunities and fails in the final season. I will say this - the music during The Battle of Winterfell as Aria is making her way to the Night King is unbelievable. It's such a great score.
Agreed, they did a great job filming and putting that scene together.
The score gets me. I've always felt that if a song can give you goosebumps or cause a physical reaction then it's got to be in your personal top 10 or whatever. That's what the score does to me....it gives me chills. I can only think of 2 other songs that elicit a physical response from me
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am

The score gets me. I've always felt that if a song can give you goosebumps or cause a physical reaction then it's got to be in your personal top 10 or whatever. That's what the score does to me....it gives me chills. I can only think of 2 other songs that elicit a physical response from me
LOTR has a couple that I really like and are in my playlist.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am
From the Lost Boys soundtrack ...

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 pm
dal4018 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:12 pm Actress Lori Loughlin who was involved in that academic cheating scandal gets to choose what prison she will serve her time in for her crime.
The fact ANYBODY is doing actual prison time for these “crimes” is ridiculous at any level.
If you do the crime you do the time why should they go unpunished!!!!!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

dal4018 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 pm

The fact ANYBODY is doing actual prison time for these “crimes” is ridiculous at any level.
If you do the crime you do the time why should they go unpunished!!!!!
Yep.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:07 pm

Season 4, episode 8 was the best GOT episode in my opinion. I won't say anymore.
Battle of the Bastards is my favorite, which is Season 6. Season 6 is also where the entire show starts to go off the rails. Don't get me started on the final season...so much bullshit. So much illogical choices.
Okay, now that Gil is past season 4 I can say why I thought it was the best. I love how the show built up villains and you just kept hoping they would get it in the end...but, it was the plot twist that had me screaming at the TV.

It was the duel between Prince Oberyn and the Mountain, where Oberyn is about to kill him, but is first trying to get him to admit who ordered him to commit genocide. Then the Mountain turns the tables and crushes his head in front of his sister.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:27 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 am Battle of the Bastards is my favorite, which is Season 6. Season 6 is also where the entire show starts to go off the rails. Don't get me started on the final season...so much bullshit. So much illogical choices.
Okay, now that Gil is past season 4 I can say why I thought it was the best. I love how the show built up villains and you just kept hoping they would get it in the end...but, it was the plot twist that had me screaming at the TV.

It was the duel between Prince Oberyn and the Mountain, where Oberyn is about to kill him, but is first trying to get him to admit who ordered him to commit genocide. Then the Mountain turns the tables and crushes his head in front of his sister.
Not genocide, Oberyn was trying to get him to confess to who ordered him to kill Rhaegor's (the crown prince who was killed by Robert Baratheon at the Battle of the Trident that happened just prior to the GoT timeline) wife and their children. Rhaegor's wife was Oberyn's sister, hence the desire for revenge.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Game of Thrones - White Privilege Version

Post by Gil Dobie »

If I ever need some help getting out of a fix, Tyrion Lannister is the goto person. Should have been killed how many times.