Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 pm

I was waiting for someone to go "hood" on these fake ass protesters. :lol:
If Soros and the Democrats are funding these types and they’rejust the militant arm of the party like I’ve been told, they’re not doing a very good job with hearts and minds.
That's one issue, the other issue is where the fuck have all these "activists" been on other issues that plague the inner cities?
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:07 am

If Soros and the Democrats are funding these types and they’rejust the militant arm of the party like I’ve been told, they’re not doing a very good job with hearts and minds.
That's one issue, the other issue is where the fuck have all these "activists" been on other issues that plague the inner cities?

Like what issues, for example?
Genuinely curious on what your response is - not that there aren't other fundamental issues.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 pm

I was waiting for someone to go "hood" on these fake ass protesters. :lol:
Are the protests/riots politically motivated, or are they issue motivated?
If Biden wins, will these protests/riots continue?
If not, then I guess we'll know it is politically driven.
If so, what will Biden do? Will he put pressure on the Mayors?
Will 7 inning games be the norm for doubleheaders going forward?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:21 am
Genuinely curious on what your response is - not that there aren't other fundamental issues.
I'll bite ... Poverty is IMO the biggest issue. You could eliminate racism and unnecessary police violence tomorrow and the lives of poor minorities would improve slightly. If you reduce poverty, many people's lives would improve greatly.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:30 am

I'll bite ... Poverty is IMO the biggest issue. You could eliminate racism and unnecessary police violence tomorrow and the lives of poor minorities would improve slightly. If you reduce poverty, many people's lives would improve greatly.
I would say this would be the #1 topic in a city like Portland in any given year. Well, homelessness specifically not economic disparity which may be what you mean, too.

And you have a system that's done nothing but play shell games with homeless - moving them around various parts of the city or maintaining a revolving police door for otherwise minor crimes.

But nothing to address the root social provisions for drug addiction and mental health.

That is where I think 'Defund the Police' has poor branding. There's an argument buried there to be heard for increased vestment or a more balanced financial approach to spreading out those resources so that it a) provides an option to address a potential root cause and b) doesn't put the responsibility on police to have to deal with this sh!t.

But 'Defund the Police' (or protestors saying 'abolish the police' - on the surface has done little to communicate that nuance)

So my argument would be that it is being protested.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

Portland is going to be a mess on Saturday. Particularly North Portland, which is where I am.

The Proud Boys are planning on coming in from Vancouver to rally in Delta Park.
They submitted an application for 10,000 attendees - which was of course denied on the grounds of COVID requirements, but that 10k was just a number thrown out to grab a headline imo. It will really be max 800-2,000 (per the Patriot Prayer quote in the below article).

YES, the BLM protests have been hijacked and the city's response to it has been inept. Let's get that outta the way.
But this is provocation at its finest. Delta Park is one of black historical significance. Why there?
Why throw out a number like 10,000 - and then (successfully) pull in a headline like this if not to provoke and invite counter-protestors?

My only hope is that this is ignored, which ain't gonna happen.

Remember this context when Portland is once again portrayed in the media this weekend as out of control. Both sides are exploiting a city that's done with this shit.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... uards.html
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:28 pm Portland is going to be a mess on Saturday. Particularly North Portland, which is where I am.

They submitted an application for 10,000 attendees - which was of course denied on the grounds of COVID requirements, but that 10k was just a number thrown out to grab a headline imo. It will really be max 800-2,000 (per the Patriot Prayer quote in the below article).

YES, the BLM protests have been hijacked and the city's response to it has been inept. Let's get that outta the way.
But this is provocation at its finest. Delta Park is one of black historical significance. Why there?
Why throw out a number like 10,000 - and then (successfully) pull in a headline like this if not to provoke and invite counter-protestors?

Remember this context when Portland is once again portrayed in the media this weekend as out of control. Both sides are exploiting a city that's done with this shit.

Could be the same stunt they pulled in Philly last week. Advertised a rally but it was a fake. All the Antifa people showed up to counter protest and they fought each other instead. :lol:
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:45 pm
DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:28 pm Portland is going to be a mess on Saturday. Particularly North Portland, which is where I am.

Could be the same stunt they pulled in Philly last week. Advertised a rally but it was a fake. All the Antifa people showed up to counter protest and they fought each other instead. :lol:
I wish that was the case. But given that they've clashed here multiple times in the last few years... We'll see the lifted trucks and flags rolling down I-5 without a doubt
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:49 pm
Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:45 pm
I wish that was the case. But given that they've clashed here multiple times in the last few years... We'll see the lifted trucks and flags rolling down I-5 without a doubt
Proud Boys has been too active in Portland to dismiss this.

I will be avoiding Delta Park this weekend and I'm glad I didn't buy that floating home in the northwest corner of Kenton.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:02 pm

I will be avoiding Delta Park this weekend and I'm glad I didn't buy that floating home in the northwest corner of Kenton.
I'm in Kenton. I don't think you're thinking of Kenton RE: floating homes, that's further north.
We've been relatively fine all things considered.

But your original point is correct- this is the real deal and will happen.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

In other remarks ahead of the day, Melchi draws on what he claims is his group’s history of traveling to multiple states to engage in violence at protests.

“My Group 1776 2.0. Has been fighting Antifa in Seattle, Portland, for months”, Melchi writes, adding “this won’t be a simple fist fight. People will get shot, stabbed and beat.”

He also claims police cooperation in interstate violence, writing “Yes, going after them at night is the solution… Like we do in other states, tactical ambushes at night while backing up the police are key. You get the leaders and the violent ones and the police are happy to shut their mouths and cameras.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... dSRWHNoNsE
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:04 pm

I'm in Kenton. I don't think you're thinking of Kenton RE: floating homes, that's further north.

I guess it was technically St. Johns but it was right near the border with Kenton, on Marine Dr just west of the 120 & the railroad bridge.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:40 pm

I guess it was technically St. Johns but it was right near the border with Kenton, on Marine Dr just west of the 120 & the railroad bridge.
ohhh roger

not a bad idea with the pending earthquake

but not a hotbed for protests. just meth.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Not replying to your post, just wanted to say that it's good to see you back on the board.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Let's go with an easy one and start with gangs and drugs. Where were the nation-wide marches claiming "black lives matter" for all the folks caught in the crossfire of the thugs involved in pushing drugs in their local communities? Then there is the plight brought on by those communities that have to deal with that shit.

We can even go a few layers deeper and talk about what policies led to people having to result/consider engaging in such crime to begin with. What policies led to inner city working class neighborhoods to have so little hope to begin with?

Then a tangential discussion can be held on the idea that most of these "activists" wouldn't likely denigrate themselves with being involved in a skilled trade that could offer some hope of a way out, but rather encourage attending college to get some liberal arts degree so they too can become an "activist".

:coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Meh, you could have just detached and had AZ drive one of his boats up to tow you away from danger.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:38 pm

Let's go with an easy one and start with gangs and drugs. Where were the nation-wide marches claiming "black lives matter" for all the folks caught in the crossfire of the thugs involved in pushing drugs in their local communities? Then there is the plight brought on by those communities that have to deal with that shit.

We can even go a few layers deeper and talk about what policies led to people having to result/consider engaging in such crime to begin with. What policies led to inner city working class neighborhoods to have so little hope to begin with?

Then a tangential discussion can be held on the idea that most of these "activists" wouldn't likely denigrate themselves with being involved in a skilled trade that could offer some hope of a way out, but rather encourage attending college to get some liberal arts degree so they too can become an "activist".

You're all over the place here.

So, do you think that "Black Lives Matter" is mutually exclusive to the following?:

1. A disproportionate rate of incarcerations for drug offenses, which you mentioned - such as marijuana & crack cocaine (I understand in part perpetuated by the 1994 Crime Bill).

2. Your second paragraph - economic disparity. Paragraphs 1 and 2 are certainly related.

3. The third paragraph doesn't make sense to me. People in these communities are choosing to go to college vs get into a skilled trade? What? Wouldn't that freedom of choice contradict your second paragraph?

What do you think that a genuine BLM protestor is drawing attention to? Key word here is: genuine. Not someone who simply labels themselves as such.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:30 pm

Not replying to your post, just wanted to say that it's good to see you back on the board.
I dropped my Facebook and had to take my bitching and moaning somewhere else.
Plus I like you guys and I've known you a long, long time. Thank you.

Also ew gay
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:59 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"rides over him"
The cop walked his bike tire over the guy's head. The way you would when dismounting and going up on a curb. I'd be surprised if the guy on the ground really even felt it.

Yet 22,000 people liking and 8,000 people all over this like ants.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 am What do you think that a genuine BLM protestor is drawing attention to? Key word here is: genuine. Not someone who simply labels themselves as such.
Their desire for reparations and a redistribution of wealth.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:29 am
DuckDuckGriz wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 am What do you think that a genuine BLM protestor is drawing attention to? Key word here is: genuine. Not someone who simply labels themselves as such.
Their desire for reparations and a redistribution of wealth.
Yep. A ‘genuine’ BLM protestor is backing an admittedly Marxist, anti police, organization that completely ignores the elephant in the room (black on black crime).
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:38 pm

So, do you think that "Black Lives Matter" is mutually exclusive to the following?:

1. A disproportionate rate of incarcerations for drug offenses, which you mentioned - such as marijuana & crack cocaine (I understand in part perpetuated by the 1994 Crime Bill).

2. Your second paragraph - economic disparity. Paragraphs 1 and 2 are certainly related.

3. The third paragraph doesn't make sense to me. People in these communities are choosing to go to college vs get into a skilled trade? What? Wouldn't that freedom of choice contradict your second paragraph?

What do you think that a genuine BLM protestor is drawing attention to? Key word here is: genuine. Not someone who simply labels themselves as such.
What is a genuine BLM protester?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:09 am
DuckDuckGriz wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 am

A Nevada mormon who drives to Oregon and takes over a National wildlife refuge?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:14 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:09 am
A Nevada mormon who drives to Oregon and takes over a National wildlife refuge?
:lol:

I'm actually curious. Is a genuine BLM protester someone of color who feels threatened by law enforcement? A white, Gen X or Zer who is joining the fight against oppression?