BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Trump Selects Amy Coney Barrett for SCOTUS

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm The donks are going to attempt to smear a female, a Catholic, and a mother of 7 (2 adopted from Africa). Get ready for someone come out with unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, 30+ year old allegations, where they can’t remember the where ir when, that Barret torturted animals, abused children, cheated, lied, stole, slept around etc, etc. Similar to what they did to Clarence Thomas with Anita Hill, and Kavanaugh with that Ballsy Ford woman.
They can't stop her from getting on the Court but all they need to do to win politically is point out that she is a threat to overturn Roe vs. Wade. The American People don't want that right now. I don' t think this is going to be a political winner for the Republicans.

I don't know if they'll pay the full cost this time because of all the crap caused by COVID-19. But overturning Roe vs. Wade is not a popular thing right now.
So what. SCOTUS diesn’t issue rulings according to polls. If they did, a number if past rulings would have been different.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
I can’t find in the Constitution where it stated there’a right to abortion. Unless you can show me where I missed it, seems like a States’ Rights issue to me.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:57 pm

They can't stop her from getting on the Court but all they need to do to win politically is point out that she is a threat to overturn Roe vs. Wade. The American People don't want that right now. I don' t think this is going to be a political winner for the Republicans.

I don't know if they'll pay the full cost this time because of all the crap caused by COVID-19. But overturning Roe vs. Wade is not a popular thing right now.
So what. SCOTUS diesn’t issue rulings according to polls. If they did, a number if past rulings would have been different.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
I can’t find in the Constitution where it stated there’a right to abortion. Unless you can show me where I missed it, seems like a States’ Rights issue to me.
I don't think there is a right to abortion in the Constitution. That is not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is that, regardless, the American People oppose overturning Roe vs. Wade by a about a 2:1 margin. This is not a good move politically.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

They should overturn Gonzalez v. Raich too.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:13 pm

I don't think there is a right to abortion in the Constitution. That is not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is that, regardless, the American People oppose overturning Roe vs. Wade by a about a 2:1 margin. This is not a good move politically.
Oh please, she is way smart enough to dodge that issue, just like every nominated justice has for the past 50 years. :coffee:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

I saw a poll a while back.

People were asked, "Do you support Roe v. Wade?" Something like 60% plus said yes.

Then people were asked: "Do you support abortion on demand, as a matter of legal right, at any time prior to viability without any restrictions and for any reason."

19% said yes.

But that second question is actually the holding of Roe.

People support Roe because they've been duped into believing it is something it is not.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:41 pm

Oh please, she is way smart enough to dodge that issue, just like every nominated justice has for the past 50 years. :coffee:
Taking bets that there are no hearings and McConnell takes it straight to an up-or-down vote.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:43 pm
Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:41 pm
Taking bets that there are no hearings and McConnell takes it straight to an up-or-down vote.
That would literally make lib heads explode.

And be fucking AWESOME at the same time. :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:13 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:43 pm

That would literally make lib heads explode.

And be fucking AWESOME at the same time. :rofl: :rofl:
The Democrats have already said that they are going to "boycott" the hearings.

What do you think comes next?

There is no constitutional requirement that hearings must be held. Those are the Senate rules. And the Democrats changed the Senate rules some years ago, so that rules can now be changed by a bare majority vote.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm The donks are going to attempt to smear a female, a Catholic, and a mother of 7 (2 adopted from Africa). Get ready for someone come out with unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, 30+ year old allegations, where they can’t remember the where ir when, that Barret torturted animals, abused children, cheated, lied, stole, slept around etc, etc. Similar to what they did to Clarence Thomas with Anita Hill, and Kavanaugh with that Ballsy Ford woman.

The democrat allegations that we’ll hear in the coming weeks that Barrett (insert donk smears here) are complete bullshit & total lies.

Leftist are going to go after the adoption agency she used. Absolutely despicable. Congrats JSO, you're so conservative that you are throwing your hat in the ring with these people.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

This is a 2009 opinion piece by Stephen Carter, a professor of law at Yale Law School and a former clerk to Associate Justice Thurgood Marshall.

He makes some excellent points why a Supreme Court nominee should not testify.

Since the Democrats have threatened not to participate any way; and since their surrogates intend to mount a shitshow of bigotry in which they argue that she should be refused an office of public trust due to religious convictions, in violation of Article VI of the Constitution; don't be surprised when there are no hearings.

We talk a lot about people who enable Trump.

But the people who enable Trump the most are the absolutely clueless leadership of the Democratic party, and the obtuse and ironically self-denominated "woke" -- who manage, remarkably, to make Trump look like the better option to majority of voters outside of California and New York.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/10/opin ... arter.html
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

I am one powerful MOFO...I just got this text, and since I haven’t answered, don’t expect any news soon.
Pres Trump can't announce his Supreme Court pick until he gets YOUR input, Hogan! All answers sent to his office in 1 HR. Take survey >>
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

An outstanding nomination. Kudos to Trump. We’ll see if the Dims fall for their natural instinct to manufacture false accusations and innuendo or smarten up this time. Here’s hoping they go full looney and wake up conservative base and make point that there is more on ballot for conservatives than Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Senator Richard Blumenthal says he won't meet with Coney Barrett.

Wow, she totally lucked out!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:12 am This is a 2009 opinion piece by Stephen Carter, a professor of law at Yale Law School and a former clerk to Associate Justice Thurgood Marshall.

He makes some excellent points why a Supreme Court nominee should not testify.

Since the Democrats have threatened not to participate any way; and since their surrogates intend to mount a shitshow of bigotry in which they argue that she should be refused an office of public trust due to religious convictions, in violation of Article VI of the Constitution; don't be surprised when there are no hearings.

We talk a lot about people who enable Trump.

But the people who enable Trump the most are the absolutely clueless leadership of the Democratic party, and the obtuse and ironically self-denominated "woke" -- who manage, remarkably, to make Trump look like the better option to majority of voters outside of California and New York.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/10/opin ... arter.html
100% truth. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JoltinJoe wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:08 pm Senator Richard Blumenthal says he won't meet with Coney Barrett.

:lol:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

89Hen wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:08 pm Senator Richard Blumenthal says he won't meet with Coney Barrett.

Coney Barrett has expressed her disappointment, saying she was so looking forward to discussing his heroic war record in Vietnam.

Sen. Mazie Hirono has also said she would not meet Coney Barrett. "Oh, that's too bad," Coney Barrett said. "I was looking forward to getting a few beauty tips from her."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm The donks are going to attempt to smear a female, a Catholic, and a mother of 7 (2 adopted from Africa). Get ready for someone to come out with unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, 30+ year old allegations, where they can’t remember the where or when, that Barret tortured animals, abused children, cheated, lied, stole, slept around etc, etc. Similar to what they did to Clarence Thomas with Anita Hill, and Kavanaugh with that Ballsy Ford woman.

The democrat allegations that we’ll hear in the coming weeks that Barrett (insert donk smears here) are complete bullshit & total lies.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The allegations against someone you don't know and don't know what they would be are lies? How does that work..logically?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:08 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm The donks are going to attempt to smear a female, a Catholic, and a mother of 7 (2 adopted from Africa). Get ready for someone to come out with unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, 30+ year old allegations, where they can’t remember the where or when, that Barret tortured animals, abused children, cheated, lied, stole, slept around etc, etc. Similar to what they did to Clarence Thomas with Anita Hill, and Kavanaugh with that Ballsy Ford woman.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The allegations against someone you don't know and don't know what they would be are lies? How does that work..logically?
Because history has shown with the donks they will do anything to smear a conk nominee during the hearings and through their proxies in the media. Bork, Thomas, Alito, Kavanaugh..

Notice how its always the conk nominees who are victims of the all out smear attacks, never the other way around?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

LeadBolt wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm An outstanding nomination. Kudos to Trump. We’ll see if the Dims fall for their natural instinct to manufacture false accusations and innuendo or smarten up this time. Here’s hoping they go full looney and wake up conservative base and make point that there is more on ballot for conservatives than Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Couldn’t afford another Souter or Roberts. Seems to be a home run pick. And the donks have already begun going full loony smear mode in their attacks on Barrett and her religion. This will backfire on them with the election..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JoltinJoe wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:32 am
89Hen wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 am

Coney Barrett has expressed her disappointment, saying she was so looking forward to discussing his heroic war record in Vietnam.

Sen. Mazie Hirono has also said she would not meet Coney Barrett. "Oh, that's too bad," Coney Barrett said. "I was looking forward to getting a few beauty tips from her."
Did he dodge the draft like Clinton and Trump?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:43 am

You mean you haven't heard of the bravery of Da Nang Dick?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

The similarities between Clinton and Trump are YUGE!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 am
I haven't. Did he overcome a nasty paper cut to get the interoffice mail out?
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:05 am
HI54UNI wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 am

I haven't. Did he overcome a nasty paper cut to get the interoffice mail out?
He dodged the draft like George Bush did...got a rare slot in the reserve component (Marine Reserves)...

Never once stepped foot overseas but implied several times at campaign rallies that he was in Vietnam...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.