Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Trump Selects Amy Coney Barrett for SCOTUS

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:05 am
:lol:
I haven't. Did he overcome a nasty paper cut to get the interoffice mail out?
He dodged the draft like George Bush did...got a rare slot in the reserve component (Marine Reserves)...

Never once stepped foot overseas but implied several times at campaign rallies that he was in Vietnam...
Ah well that was stupid. What's with politicians claiming things that we can definitively prove false? :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:05 am
:lol:
I haven't. Did he overcome a nasty paper cut to get the interoffice mail out?
He dodged the draft like George Bush did...got a rare slot in the reserve component (Marine Reserves)...

Never once stepped foot overseas but implied several times at campaign rallies that he was in Vietnam...
And ol Bone Spurs taunting him about it is "ironic."
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm The donks are going to attempt to smear a female, a Catholic, and a mother of 7 (2 adopted from Africa). Get ready for someone to come out with unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, 30+ year old allegations, where they can’t remember the where or when, that Barret tortured animals, abused children, cheated, lied, stole, slept around etc, etc. Similar to what they did to Clarence Thomas with Anita Hill, and Kavanaugh with that Ballsy Ford woman.

The democrat allegations that we’ll hear in the coming weeks that Barrett (insert donk smears here) are complete bullshit & total lies.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The allegations against someone you don't know and don't know what they would be are lies? How does that work..logically?
Because we know the accusers and they have a well documented track record of doing such things, beginning with Bork and continuing through Kavanaugh. The comment on allegations has more to do with the ones making the accusations than it does the one being smeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

LeadBolt wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:06 pm
Ibanez wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The allegations against someone you don't know and don't know what they would be are lies? How does that work..logically?
Because we know the accusers and they have a well documented track record of doing such things, beginning with Bork and continuing through Kavanaugh. The comment on allegations has more to do with the ones making the accusations than it does the one being smeared.

So someone with a history of making false claims shouldn't be trusted?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Trump’s SCOTUS nominee

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:27 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 pm It really doesn't matter for the long term. There is a chance the Republicans will hang onto their share of power this time because the COVID-19 thing creates all the uncertainty associated with voting by mail. But it won't be long in historical terms before the Democrats control everything. And they are not going to tolerate a conservative Supreme Court. All the Republicans are doing right now is pissing off a majority of the population that doesn't like them to begin with. They may get away with it in the short term. But the long term looks very bad for them.
Yes, because over the 230+ years of American history, we have fallen back onto sustained, one-party rule, so many, many times, that of course it makes sense that there will be one major party going forward, as you have repeated over and over again. By the way, that was sarcasm (the history part, not you droning on multiple times). We have never had single party rule for more than a few years in this country's history (even the Democratic Republicans in the early 1800's broke apart quickly into the Jeffersonian Democrats vs the Jacksonian Democrats). Safe to say, we will always have a political duopoly. They can change names, but there will always be a duopoly. I have 230+ years of history that pretty much say you're crazy. But we already knew that. :coffee:
You know, I didn't think of this the first time I responded to that post but I think there is something very different going on right now. I don't think we have had this situation in our history. That is the fact that non-Whites are poised to gain power.

I think that through much of our history everything was controlled by White males. Then we had suffrage and women could vote. But we still had control by Whites. I think the thing that's been happening over the past 40 years or so is different. If you go to https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how%20groups%20voted and look at the first available exit poll data from 1976 you will see that an estimated 89% of the voters in that election were White. In 2016 it was 70%.

I think there really is a different dynamic going on than there has been through most of the history of our country. Now, does that mean we will go for an extended period with one Party, the Democrat Party, being completely dominant? I don't know. But I do think the Republican Party is in trouble. If it's not going to be an extended period of dominance for the Democrat Party I think we're going to have a new Party emerge to challenge them.

Like I said: That could change quickly if Republicans can somehow change the pattern whereby non Whites vote overwhelmingly Democrat. But so far there is absolutely no indication that is happening. Over time there has been SOME decline in the percentage of non Whites voting Democrat. But that is mostly because hispanics are increasing as a percentage of the population relative to Blacks and they don't vote AS overwhelmingly for Democrats as Blacks do.

Unless the basic pattern changes the handwriting is on the wall for the Republican Party and I don't see how anybody can doubt that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:30 am

Ah well that was stupid. What's with politicians claiming things that we can definitively prove false? :ohno:
Da Nang Dick was the one who provided cover for Hillary when she came under sniper fire in Bosnia.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:43 pm
Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:41 pm
Oh please, she is way smart enough to dodge that issue, just like every nominated justice has for the past 50 years. :coffee:
Taking bets that there are no hearings and McConnell takes it straight to an up-or-down vote.
I'm with you on this one. Give her a quick vote and American's attention span won't even make it to the election. Any baggage the Dems try to pile on will have been forgotten.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:28 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:30 am

Da Nang Dick was the one who provided cover for Hillary when she came under sniper fire in Bosnia.
:lol: I thought of that one.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:53 pm

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
I see what you're trying to do here.... :suspicious: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:30 am
If we're going to consider people untrustworthy because they make false allegations, let's be consistent.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:41 am

If we're going to consider people untrustworthy because they make false allegations, let's be consistent.
But he's the exception to the rule - the sinner that protects the faithful to his fromunda cleaners.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

That covers about every politician in DC.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

DC would be empty. :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 am
That would be awesome!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 am

Isn't that the goal!?!?! :mrgreen:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I read an article yesterday about ACB being the type of feminist icon/ role model that should be loved by the left. In essence, instead of choosing family over career, or vice versa, she figured out how to have it all. I agree with the assessment that it appears that with family support and determination, she hasn't compromised her goal.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:18 pm I read an article yesterday about ACB being the type of feminist icon/ role model that should be loved by the left. In essence, instead of choosing family over career, or vice versa, she figured out how to have it all. I agree with the assessment that it appears that with family support and determination, she hasn't compromised her goal.
If only she believed in abortion on demand she'd be the left's fucking POSTER CHILD.

But alas....she doesn't, so instead she's vilified and called a "colonizer" exercising her white privilege for having black immigrant adopted children.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

If only the left had the diversity of thought to stop chanting slogans long enough to actually think critically they would realize that ACB has indeed achieved what their ideal for women has been.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I can't remember if I already posted this but I think this provides the Democrats with a big opportunity. The public trusts them more on health and health care issues. What they need to do is say, "Hey, this lady is going to be on the Supreme Court. That means the Affordable Care Act is almost certainly going to be eliminated. Somebody's going to have to come up with something to replace it. Who do you want doing that?"

When you get on the health and health care playing field you are playing on the Democrats' turf. Here is an article issued this morning on opinions in battle ground states as an example: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-b ... JteR5i8iY4

The pollsters isolated three health care related issues most important to respondents. Biden was favored over Trump with respect to each of them.

By 56% to 39%, respondents thought Biden is more likely to address the public health costs and economic concerns of COVID-19.

By 58% to 36%, respondents thought Biden is more likely protect insurance coverage for those with pre-existing conditions. That one is big.

By 53% to 37%, respondents thought Biden is more likely to lower health care costs.

If I were Biden and the Democrats I would be looking to take full advantage of that edge. I'd be saying, "OK. They are going to get her on the Court. But we can use that to make health care the central issue and that is a winning issue for us."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:suspicious:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

During the chaotic debate in Cleveland, Trump touted support from “almost every law enforcement group in the United States” after being asked why he should be trusted to deal with “race issues.”

“I have Florida. I have Texas. I have Ohio. I have, excuse me, Portland — the sheriff just came out today, and he said, ‘I support President Trump,’” Trump said.
“As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support him,” Sheriff Mike Reese responded on Twitter Tuesday night.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... ad-offered
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:07 am
During the chaotic debate in Cleveland, Trump touted support from “almost every law enforcement group in the United States” after being asked why he should be trusted to deal with “race issues.”

“I have Florida. I have Texas. I have Ohio. I have, excuse me, Portland — the sheriff just came out today, and he said, ‘I support President Trump,’” Trump said.
“As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support him,” Sheriff Mike Reese responded on Twitter Tuesday night.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... ad-offered
Portland, Maine...duh
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:31 am
Portland, Maine...duh
:lol: Is that you making a funny? :clap:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I'm waiting for the inevitable making fun of ACB's appearance with a mask on. They'll probably say she looks like a bandit coming to take wimmin's rights.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

1st day of hearings so far: Donk judiciary senators have gone full libtard with their histrionics, giant posterboard pictures of people, and veiled attacks on ACB’s Catholic faith..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.