4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:57 am
Now we know what happens to Flaggy after his wife sucker punches him ... :D
It gets uncomfortable after a day or two.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:49 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:31 pm

I’d love to see your source for Texas. Because I believe you’re incorrect.
I get the daily numbers from state DOH but here’s a 7 day average from the same source. Bottomed out in Sep., slightly rising again along with deaths. I think there was one day recently where the case count dipped below 2000 which made me take notice but it’s now inching back up toward 4,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2 ... utType=amp
So ONE day out of the last 11 over 4,000 (and that one juuuuuust barely) and you are fear mongering that Texas case count is rising?

Sweet mother of God.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:31 pm

I’d love to see your source for Texas. Because I believe you’re incorrect.
I get the daily numbers from state DOH but here’s a 7 day average from the same source. Bottomed out in Sep., slightly rising again along with deaths. I think there was one day recently where the case count dipped below 2000 which made me take notice but it’s now inching back up toward 4,000.

What constitutes a "case"?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:46 pm

So ONE day out of the last 11 over 4,000 (and that one juuuuuust barely) and you are fear mongering that Texas case count is rising?

Sweet mother of God.
I noticed because the Texas count was going down for a short while and then it started climbing back up over multiple days.

(Hint: Covid doesn’t care if you’re not afraid or afraid)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 pm

Well there are phone cases, cases of beer, criminal cases, headcases, and many more. 8-)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:11 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 pm

Well there are phone cases, cases of beer, criminal cases, headcases, and many more. 8-)
I think WB is a case dealer.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:09 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Sweet mother of God.
I noticed because the Texas count was going down for a short while and then it started climbing back up over multiple days.

It’s been going doing steadily since middle of July (not a short while). The 7 day moving average has barely moved upward in the past week. And i do mean barely.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:03 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:09 pm

It’s been going doing steadily since middle of July (not a short while). The 7 day moving average has barely moved upward in the past week. And i do mean barely.
I stand corrected. I glance at the daily numbers and thought it looked like they were going back up after a dip. Turns out they were slightly lower than the previous two weeks.

Still a plateau since the start of September.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... s.amp.html
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:33 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:03 pm

I stand corrected. I glance at the daily numbers and thought it looked like they were going back up after a dip. Turns out they were slightly lower than the previous two weeks.

Virus gonna virus. The death rate now is super low relative to case count. The virus has pretty much burned itself out and gone through most of the vulnerable and those that were probably going to die this year anyways....in fact, deaths from all causes this year are DOWN relative to previous years. Significantly.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:41 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Virus gonna virus. The death rate now is super low relative to case count. The virus has pretty much burned itself out and gone through most of the vulnerable and those that were probably going to die this year anyways....in fact, deaths from all causes this year are DOWN relative to previous years. Significantly.
Now you’re just pulling things out of your butt.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:11 pm

Do you remember way back in March when they told us not to freak out once we get testing ramped up? Well, you've freaked out.

Anyway, Z is right. COVID has found most of it's victims, as evidenced by the positives in testing starting to settle in around 5% and the declining death rate.

Still want to know what is being measured as a case. CDC is pretty clear, but can't seem to locate it in the NYT coverage.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:15 am

Do you remember way back in March when they told us not to freak out once we get testing ramped up? Well, you've freaked out.

Anyway, Z is right. COVID has found most of it's victims, as evidenced by the positives in testing starting to settle in around 5% and the declining death rate.

Still want to know what is being measured as a case. CDC is pretty clear, but can't seem to locate it in the NYT coverage.
No. I remember increased testing as another important tool in the kit.

I’m freaking out because we could be in such better shape right now but we’re too selfish and stupid.

Covid has found most of its victims according to who? We are around 5% which is good. Summer and increased mask wearing and temporary restrictions even in places like Florida and Texas helped as predicted. Epidemiologists say we need to get below 5 and consistently stay below it. Places like the NW and PNW, ND, Montana, Idaho have inched back up after weathering the initial assault. Europe is now once again leading the continents in new cases.

Regarding death rates...we suck. Funny how it’s the same people in March, calling it the flu and preaching zero restrictions who are still beating those drums. ‘What’s a few hundred thousand more deaths and grandma staying locked up for life? It’s run it’s course... I want the old days back.’

“If the coronavirus death rate in the United States were similar to that of Australia, it would have had 187,661 fewer COVID-19 deaths (94% of reported deaths), and, compared with Canada, it would have had 117,622 fewer deaths (59%).”

“The authors concluded that COVID-19 deaths and excess deaths from any cause in the United States likely were due to a poor pandemic response rather than an early surge of coronavirus cases before virus prevention and treatment methods were improved.”

Have of our nation is still responding poorly.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspec ... eath-rates
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

More good news...
CORONAVIRUS

HEALTH

Covid-19 Reinfection Documented in Nevada Adds to Questions on Virus Immunity
Case of man reinfected with the coronavirus, reported in a Lancet medical journal, joins a number of Covid-19 second-cases world-wide
https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-r ... 1602541808
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:08 am More good news...
CORONAVIRUS

HEALTH

Covid-19 Reinfection Documented in Nevada Adds to Questions on Virus Immunity
Case of man reinfected with the coronavirus, reported in a Lancet medical journal, joins a number of Covid-19 second-cases world-wide
CID posted that immunity was iffy at best based on the type of virus months ago. Herd immunity has always been a teddy bear to keep the bogeyman in the closet and help the "no big deal" faction feel better about their position.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:29 am

CID posted that immunity was iffy at best based on the type of virus months ago. Herd immunity has always been a teddy bear to keep the bogeyman in the closet and help the "no big deal" faction feel better about their position.
:nod:

Miss old CID.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Almost everyone has some level of immunity. Cold viruses come from the Coronavirus family and thus there is enough similarly that it confers some level of immunity.

In the beginning, they were saying there was no immunity due to errors by S Korea. They were testing people who had the virus previously and using the PCR test we currently use, to replicate old viral chunks until it looked they had another active infection, when they didn't.

All that being said, last I read was that people will have about three months of full blown protection and then it starts dropping off. Follows the patterns of other viruses.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:46 am

Miss old CID.
Where is CID btw? Are him and 93 under watch as government employees and hence can't post here too close to an election?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:58 am
kalm wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:46 am

Miss old CID.
Where is CID btw? Are him and 93 under watch as government employees and hence can't post here too close to an election?
There was some angst over the site and a couple of posters have gone on hiatus. 93 for one, I'm not sure about CID or Ivy.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Actually, a 99.7% survival rate does that all on its own. :nod: :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Nope. All true statements.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:34 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:58 am

There was some angst over the site and a couple of posters have gone on hiatus. 93 for one, I'm not sure about CID or Ivy.
Alpha, Chizz, 93, Cid, Ivy...all within a few months..93 was going back and editing years old posts before he went on hiatus...Did the site get hacked perhaps?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:38 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:34 am

Alpha, Chizz, 93, Cid, Ivy...all within a few months..93 was going back and editing years old posts before he went on hiatus...Did the site get hacked perhaps?
Agreed - something doesn't add up. Did they get doxed? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:34 pm

For starters, deaths are up and Covid deaths have probably been under-counted. :suspicious:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:33 pm Covid deaths have probably been under-counted. :suspicious:
Says Better Homes and Garden?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:33 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:34 pm

For starters, deaths are up and Covid deaths have probably been under-counted. :suspicious:
Lol. Deaths FROM covid or deaths WITH covid? :coffee: