Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: POTUS Debate #2 10/15, 9 PM ECB

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:01 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:39 am
Let's stick to what actually happened instead of playing with hypothetical or best case scenario. In reality - Trump quit first. He quit. Justify it how you like but that doesn't change the fact that he quit first.

You know, it is ok to disagree and criticize him. In fact...it's unhealthy if you don't
Not to jump into this, but didn't the Commission change the rules first, and then Trump quit? I don't think there's any doubt that Trump quit before Biden, but I'm pretty sure the Commission unilaterally and without notice changed the rules of the debate first.

I think it's a crappy system, but it's the system we have. The Commission isn't some independent organization or power broker, it exists at the pleasure of the agreement of both political parties. They probably should've done this behind closed doors with the two parties rather than making a decision on their own to change what had already been agreed to. Might have still been the same outcome but at least then the Commission wouldn't have overstepped their bounds and given Trump cover to do what he did.
They did - out of deference to the health of the candidates. Could they have done it better, probably. But that doesn't change the fact that Trump quit first. Quitter.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:29 pm
The decision didn’t need to be made last week. They could have waited until today or even tomorrow (TV is plenty capable of that). Trump has now tested negative 2 days in a row, and his doc said on Sat he wasn’t a risk to spread it.

He didn’t withdraw from the agreed upon, contracted, in person debate. He didn’t break the contract.
Let's stick to what actually happened instead of playing with hypothetical or best case scenario. In reality - Trump quit first. He quit. Justify it how you like but that doesn't change the fact that he quit first.

You know, it is ok to disagree and criticize him. In fact...it's unhealthy if you don't
Nope. In reality, Trump didn’t quit the agreed upon in person debate,
He didn’t agree to do something that was never agreed upon- a virtual debate, despite your trying to spin it to the contrary.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:00 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:01 am

Not to jump into this, but didn't the Commission change the rules first, and then Trump quit? I don't think there's any doubt that Trump quit before Biden, but I'm pretty sure the Commission unilaterally and without notice changed the rules of the debate first.

I think it's a crappy system, but it's the system we have. The Commission isn't some independent organization or power broker, it exists at the pleasure of the agreement of both political parties. They probably should've done this behind closed doors with the two parties rather than making a decision on their own to change what had already been agreed to. Might have still been the same outcome but at least then the Commission wouldn't have overstepped their bounds and given Trump cover to do what he did.
They did - out of deference to the health of the candidates. Could they have done it better, probably. But that doesn't change the fact that Trump quit first. Quitter.
Wrong. Trump didn’t quit the agreed upon in person debate, and he never agreed to do a virtual. Can’t be a quitter of something you never agreed to do in the 1st place.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 pm

He didn’t agree to do something that was never agreed upon- a virtual debate, despite your trying to spin it to the contrary.
You're moving the goalposts. It's ok. I don't expect you to have the integrity to be objective anymore.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:22 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 pm
You're moving the goalposts. It's ok. I don't expect you to have the integrity to be objective anymore.
Not moving any goalposts. You can’t quit something you never agreed to do.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:22 pm

He agreed to the 2nd Debate. The debate was changed. He quit like a little bitch. Thems the facts.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:05 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 pm
He agreed to the 2nd Debate. The debate was changed. He quit like a little bitch. Thems the facts.
No they aren’t. This past late summer the Trump and Biden teams agreed to do IN PERSON debates. A virtual debate was something that the Trump side wouldn’t agree to this past summer (I’m sure the Biden team would have. You can’t change the rules in the middle of the game. You can’t quit something you never agree to, and have always been against. Dems the facts.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

This stuff of blaming the commission for changing the rules is ridiculous. The two sides agreed to some rules. Then they had the first debate and Trump just COMPLETELY ignored them. Him doing that justified the commission changing things to try to get the situation under control.

Now, I know they ostensibly changed things because of COVID. But to me they should've changed things anyway. They should've said to the Trump camp, "Look. That's not going to happen again. If you want to have a debate and we host it we are going to have controls in place so that you can't interrupt the other guy when he's talking."

Then if Trump doesn't like that and doesn't want to debate, fine. But Trump is the one that violated the agreements that were reached. The Trump camp saying everyone needs to stick to the agreed upon rules when Trump completely flouted the agreed upon rules during the first debate is ridiculous.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:05 pm
No they aren’t. This past late summer the Trump and Biden teams agreed to do IN PERSON debates. A virtual debate was something that the Trump side wouldn’t agree to this past summer (I’m sure the Biden team would have. You can’t change the rules in the middle of the game. You can’t quit something you never agree to, and have always been against. Dems the facts.
We won't see eye to eye on this. You have your opinion and I have mine. The facts come down to there was supposed to be a 2nd debate, and when the circumstances changed Trump dropped out. I'm not sure how you can deny that.

Anyway - i'm not wasting anymore time on this. Good day, sir.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:21 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm
We won't see eye to eye on this. You have your opinion and I have mine. The facts come down to there was supposed to be a 2nd debate, and when the circumstances changed Trump dropped out. I'm not sure how you can deny that.

Anyway - i'm not wasting anymore time on this. Good day, sir.
BDanKlebiter will dispute & deny anything that makes Trump look bad. It's safe to say that he's a true believer and not one of the people that is "holding his nose" and voting for Trump as the lesser of two evils.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Bottom line is that any debate should include capability to shut off one candidate while the other is talking. When the moderator asks one candidate a question that candidate should be allowed to answer without the other one interrupting. I think virtual would be great because it would facilitate that. Actually I think they ought to consider that for the future. It would make the debates more useful.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm Bottom line is that any debate should include capability to shut off one candidate while the other is talking. When the moderator asks one candidate a question that candidate should be allowed to answer without the other one interrupting. I think virtual would be great because it would facilitate that. Actually I think they ought to consider that for the future. It would make the debates more useful.
As long as they agree on that going in. Again, the Commission doesn't really have any power that isn't given to them by the two political parties involved - it's like the NCAA in that regard. The two parties come up with the rules and details and the Commission facilitates it. It may not be the system we want but it's what we have.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:49 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:31 am Scully publicly comversing with one of Trump’s fiercest critics if he should respond to the president. No way this guy should be allowed to moderate the debate.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/debate-mo ... d-to-trump
The ‘Mooch’ is entertaining.
Scully claimed he was hacked. Turns out he lied. Shocking, isn't it?

C-SPAN suspends Scully after he admits to lie about hack

C-SPAN suspended its political editor Steve Scully indefinitely Thursday after he admitted to lying about his Twitter feed being hacked when he was confronted about a questionable exchange with former Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbre ... 0b9304f9d5
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Dumbass Biden suggests cops could be required to shoot people in the leg. :dunce:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:20 pm

C-SPAN suspended its political editor Steve Scully indefinitely Thursday after he admitted to lying about his Twitter feed being hacked when he was confronted about a questionable exchange with former Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci.

Was there anyone in America actually buying the "hacked" lie from Scully? :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Guy worked for Biden, has sent anti Trump tweets, and is now shown to be a lying hack. Good thing the debate was cancelled. It would have been Trump vs Biden & Scully.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Guy worked for Biden, has sent anti Trump tweets, and is now shown to be a lying hack. Good thing the debate was cancelled. It would have been Trump vs Biden & Scully.
It's looking like it was cancelled because of the Hunter stuff and not Trump having the China Virus.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Just his fellow journalists and never Trumpers. :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Why bring up lying? We already know you condone it at the highest levels of government. Why does it matter now?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:32 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Never Trump isn't a bad thing.

The Scully saga was suspect from the get go. How many times do we see an email, tweet, blog,etc.. be racists, sexists or whatever and it's always b/c the person was hacked? What garbage. Scully should've manned up.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:49 am
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:32 am

Never Trump isn't a bad thing.

The Scully saga was suspect from the get go. How many times do we see an email, tweet, blog,etc.. be racists, sexists or whatever and it's always b/c the person was hacked? What garbage. Scully should've manned up.
It's like he was a 10 year old - the lying is almost always worse than the thing you're lying about. Agreed, heck, I didn't even think the tweet he was lying about was all that bad in the scheme of things. For a guy with such supposedly good credentials, he really blew it on this one.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Well apparently there was a 2nd debate. I wonder why the msm doesn't treat Biden the same way in his "interviews". Hhmmm.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 am Well apparently there was a 2nd debate. I wonder why the msm doesn't treat Biden the same way in his "interviews". Hhmmm.

Savannah did a great job. I'm MIGHT have a slight chub after watching her bitch slap Trump. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I think it is disqualifying. If you cannot debate in front of the American people, and make your case as to why you should be President, as to why you should go up against people like Putin or Xi, then you should not be President.

I think if he doesn't debate, if he doesn't do all three [debates], he should be disqualified from actually running for President
- Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:06 pm
I think it is disqualifying. If you cannot debate in front of the American people, and make your case as to why you should be President, as to why you should go up against people like Putin or Xi, then you should not be President.

I think if he doesn't debate, if he doesn't do all three [debates], he should be disqualified from actually running for President
- Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel
Yeah but that was different....Right?

BDK, can we get a ruling how this doesn't apply to Trump?