Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:29 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:34 am Hunter Biden pursued deals with a major Chinese energy company including one that would be 'interesting for me and my family', new secret emails said to be from the presidential candidate's son claim.

He also struck a deal for $30 million plus bonuses 'based on introductions alone' over three years after his father left office, then was offered a 'much more lasting and lucrative arrangement.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -firm.html

The article talks about an email and the breakdown of ownership of the company. 20% owned by Hunter plus 10% held by Hunter for the "big guy".

Who's the big guy? Joe? :suspicious:
This October Surprise is pure gold...err, I mean crack. :rofl:

Fake News.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Fake News.
I'd believe it if big tech didn't put so much effort into censoring it. Now where was I, oh yeah, laughing at crackhead hunter selling access to daddy. :rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am I don't disagree that you need to be clean but there's only so much a parent can do about thier adult children.
But if these stories are true, it's not what Joe did about his child, but what he did FOR his child that is the problem. I have no idea how much of this, if any, is true. But if it is... it should be the end of Biden. But even if true, it won't be the end of Biden. There is just too much nose holding in this country right now.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:37 pm
Fake News.
I'd believe it if big tech didn't put so much effort into censoring it. Now where was I, oh yeah, laughing at crackhead hunter selling access to daddy. :rofl:
Well i'm not voting for Hunter. That's it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Fake News.
If this was Trump & one of his sons, it would be front page news/talked about on every MSM outlet (NY Times, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, et al) just like you had with the Atlantic story based on nothing more than a few anonymous sources.

Instead with the MSM all you have is:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Apparently that black chic in the background nodding in agreement with Trump has the leftists on the internets all riled up. :lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:46 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Well i'm not voting for Hunter. That's it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Meanwhile, on NBC Biden surrogate Savannah Gutherie grilled Trump, while on ABC on Stephannopoulos lobbed Biden softballs..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:00 pm
Fake News.
If this was Trump & one of his sons, it would be front page news/talked about on every MSM outlet (NY Times, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, et al) just like you had with the Atlantic story based on nothing more than a few anonymous sources.

Instead with the MSM all you have is:
Fake News.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 pm Meanwhile, on NBC Biden surrogate Savannah Gutherie grilled Trump, while on ABC on Stephannopoulos lobbed Biden softballs..
There’d be less grilling if Trump didn’t make such idiotic statements that scream clarification and which he often doubles down on.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:31 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 pm Meanwhile, on NBC Biden surrogate Savannah Gutherie grilled Trump, while on ABC on Stephannopoulos lobbed Biden softballs..
There’d be less grilling if Trump didn’t make such idiotic statements that scream clarification and which he often doubles down on.
Indeed, Trump does invite the grilling, it's what he does and is part of his schtick. With that said, the media does themselves no favors by adopting a less-than-rigorous grilling of Biden. It feeds into the idea that the media is favoring one candidate over another. The worry is that such favoritism will carry over into the new administration (assuming Biden wins) as they begin to govern.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

In my neighborhood, here in MAGA county and Praise The Lord (PTL) country, Trump is obviously super duper popular. There are several Trump flags and/or yard signs and up until this week i'd say an almost equal number of Biden/Harris or Jamie Harrison lawn signs. Yesterday, I noticed several new ones - Republicans for Biden.

Interesting turn of events for this area.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 am In my neighborhood, here in MAGA county and Praise The Lord (PTL) country, Trump is obviously super duper popular. There are several Trump flags and/or yard signs and up until this week i'd say an almost equal number of Biden/Harris or Jamie Harrison lawn signs. Yesterday, I noticed several new ones - Republicans for Biden.

There may be more in that group than true undecideds.
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

Woo Hoo! Our votes are the most expensive in the country.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... 82dc8fd326

You can't avoid the political ads on tv. internet, probably a half dozen glossy mailers in the mailbox every day, etc.

Also, latest polls:
Senate: D with slight lead w/in the margin of error is current governor, R is the incumbent. Quite possible the conks lose this seat (other senator is donk). Incumbent was a Trump cheerleader through this term. I've noticed he doesn't mention Trump much lately.
House: No incumbent in the race - incumbent(R) running for governor. Conk slight lead w/in the margin of error.
Governor: conk has a lead slightly larger than margin of error (incumbent is term-limited out and is the donk Senate candidate, conk candidate is US House incumbent).
President: Trump with a comfortable lead but maybe half the margin he had in 2016.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:18 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 am In my neighborhood, here in MAGA county and Praise The Lord (PTL) country, Trump is obviously super duper popular. There are several Trump flags and/or yard signs and up until this week i'd say an almost equal number of Biden/Harris or Jamie Harrison lawn signs. Yesterday, I noticed several new ones - Republicans for Biden.

On of the die-hards has the following on his lawn

5 ft monument of the 10 Commandments
Trump 2020 yard flag
Trump 2016 flag on house
3-flag pole in front yard with "Yesus" flag on top, Trump Flag on right, American Flag on the left. Fun fact - American Flag should be on top.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:58 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:18 am

Trump 2020 yard flag
Trump 2016 flag on house
3-flag pole in front yard with "Yesus" flag on top, Trump Flag on right, American Flag on the left. Fun fact - American Flag should be on top.
And then there’s Republicans life this...

"The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership, the way he treats women, spends like a drunken sailor," Sasse continued, adding that Trump "mocks evangelicals behind closed doors...has treated the presidency like a business opportunity" and has "flirted with white supremacists."

Sasse said that Trump is "driving the country further to the left" and he said it "looks likely that he’s going to take the Senate down with him" if he loses the White House in the upcoming election“

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... tfz8o4Dbm8
catbooster
Level2
Level2

Post by catbooster »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:05 am

Trump 2020 yard flag
Trump 2016 flag on house

"The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership, the way he treats women, spends like a drunken sailor," Sasse continued, adding that Trump "mocks evangelicals behind closed doors...has treated the presidency like a business opportunity" and has "flirted with white supremacists."

Sasse said that Trump is "driving the country further to the left" and he said it "looks likely that he’s going to take the Senate down with him" if he loses the White House in the upcoming election“

Obviously, Sasse is a RINO, not a real conservative. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Trump 2020 yard flag
Trump 2016 flag on house

I heard Sasse give an interview the other day on NPR (may have been in support of Barrett) - never heard him speak much before, and he's probably too much of an evangelical for my liking, but he was particularly well spoken. Far better than the average Senator these days.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:17 am

I heard Sasse give an interview the other day on NPR (may have been in support of Barrett) - never heard him speak much before, and he's probably too much of an evangelical for my liking, but he was particularly well spoken. Far better than the average Senator these days.
:nod:

He was impressive on Bill Maher a while back. Seems principled.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

catbooster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 am

That's your excuse? He's not a real Republican b/c he thinks for himself instead of the cultist group think that dominates the MAGA-tard GOP of today? :jack: :jack: :jack:

How do you feel about the portions where Sasse defends Trump?
Last edited by Ibanez on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:17 am

He's clean, articulate. He doesn't sexually assault women so he's no friend to the GOP. :roll:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:56 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:31 am

Indeed, Trump does invite the grilling, it's what he does and is part of his schtick. With that said, the media does themselves no favors by adopting a less-than-rigorous grilling of Biden. It feeds into the idea that the media is favoring one candidate over another. The worry is that such favoritism will carry over into the new administration (assuming Biden wins) as they begin to govern.
Less than rigorous grilling of Biden? It's been no grill at all this campaign. Look who the media had conduct Biden's town hall. Stephanopolous was a member of the Clinton War Room. It would be like having Karl Rove conduct the Trump town hall.

Notice whenever the MSM has someone moderating the debates or town halls who has worked for one side of the aisle or the other, its almost always they've worked for the donks?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden's ABC town hall questioners include former Obama speechwriter and the wife of former Pennsylvania Dem candidate, which were conveniently not mentioned during ABC's 'Town Hall" campaign rally for Biden..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... a-democrat
catbooster
Level2
Level2

Post by catbooster »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:22 am
catbooster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 am

That's your excuse? He's not a real Republican b/c he thinks for himself instead of the cultist group think that dominates the MAGA-tard GOP of today? :jack: :jack: :jack:

Exactly. We all know that anyone claiming to be conservative but not in lockstep with Trump is a closet liberal hoping for the downfall of western civilization.

Actually, I may be guilty of some hyperbole there. I think, if pressed hard enough, you are allowed to concede that he should cut back on the twitter and he might have made a few questionable comments/actions but Hillary, Obama, Biden did this worse thing (insert here). And the MSM picks on Trump but never said anything negative about them.

I used to think I was a conservative but I'm realizing the error of my ways.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

catbooster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:41 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:22 am That's your excuse? He's not a real Republican b/c he thinks for himself instead of the cultist group think that dominates the MAGA-tard GOP of today? :jack: :jack: :jack:

Exactly. We all know that anyone claiming to be conservative but not in lockstep with Trump is a closet liberal hoping for the downfall of western civilization.

Actually, I may be guilty of some hyperbole there. I think, if pressed hard enough, you are allowed to concede that he should cut back on the twitter and he might have made a few questionable comments/actions but Hillary, Obama, Biden did this worse thing (insert here). And the MSM picks on Trump but never said anything negative about them.

I used to think I was a conservative but I'm realizing the error of my ways.
:lol: :lol: