Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: VP debate 10/7 9 PM ECB.

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:39 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:58 am

This is THE reason Hillary lost.

Women in power have it tough from a personality standpoint, even with other women.
I don't think I'm intimidated by strong, successful women but I think that in Hillary's case the highlighted term is accurate. I don't know if it is in Harris'. I don't care if she used sex to help get ahead. If she's a ho for sleeping her way up the ladder then what is Melania? You use the assets you have and are willing to use - hard work, brains, ideas, money, charisma, sex, etc.
Me either. But most people want to be led. Assertiveness = strength in men....and = preachy in women.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:01 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:39 am

I don't think I'm intimidated by strong, successful women but I think that in Hillary's case the highlighted term is accurate. I don't know if it is in Harris'. I don't care if she used sex to help get ahead. If she's a ho for sleeping her way up the ladder then what is Melania? You use the assets you have and are willing to use - hard work, brains, ideas, money, charisma, sex, etc.
Me either. But most people want to be led. Assertiveness = strength in men....and = preachy in women.
I've never heard Thatcher being described as preachy. I think tone and how topics are discussed are the issue. Some women, like Thatcher, can do it without seeming preachy or coming off as a smug know it all like Hillary does.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:11 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 pm by butthurt males :coffee: - every woman in the nation related, negatively, to Pence's patronizing condescension.
Mrs 89 said she cannot vote for Biden because of that smarmy bitch Harris since she would end up POTUS pretty quickly. So you are incorrect. Not surprising. :coffee:
If she thinks Harris is smarmy....what does she think of Trump? I'm not sure i'm on board with this theory that she'll take over as POTUS. Sure Biden is old and may die. But Trump isn't a spring chicken in great health and great shape either. Is there some conspiracy going around that Biden will be elected and then either A) die or B) have the 25th invoked?

I know A LOT of die hard Democrats that do not like Harris. A lot don't like her record and think she's just there to shore up the female vote, black vote and millennial vote.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:17 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:01 am

I've never heard Thatcher being described as preachy. I think tone and how topics are discussed are the issue. Some women, like Thatcher, can do it without seeming preachy or coming off as a smug know it all like Hillary does.
Hillary is a smug prick know it all so it was tough for her to fake it. That was the crux of her issue...she couldn't even fake her way to be relatable to avg voter. Her pantsuits of smug were very distracting even among the BS that fell out of her mouth.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:04 am
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:17 am

Hillary is a smug prick know it all so it was tough for her to fake it. That was the crux of her issue...she couldn't even fake her way to be relatable to avg voter. Her pantsuits of smug were very distracting even among the BS that fell out of her mouth.
idk what you're talking about, she connected with the real voters, especially the young ones, so authentically.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:58 am

Mrs 89 said she cannot vote for Biden because of that smarmy bitch Harris since she would end up POTUS pretty quickly. So you are incorrect. Not surprising. :coffee:
This is THE reason Hillary lost.

Women in power have it tough from a personality standpoint, even with other women.
Very good piece on this even if you don't like the guy (ironically he's awfully smarmy too (he's the conservative Cleets)). I love watching him, but if you want to skip ahead to the pertinent part, it starts around the 5:00 mark.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:01 am

If she thinks Harris is smarmy....what does she think of Trump? I'm not sure i'm on board with this theory that she'll take over as POTUS. Sure Biden is old and may die. But Trump isn't a spring chicken in great health and great shape either. Is there some conspiracy going around that Biden will be elected and then either A) die or B) have the 25th invoked?

I know A LOT of die hard Democrats that do not like Harris. A lot don't like her record and think she's just there to shore up the female vote, black vote and millennial vote.
She can't stand him as a person, but is happy with the job he's doing. She sees Harris as a horrible person with terrible ideas.

There's no conspiracy on Biden... it's a wager. I already have a wager with somebody here about him not making four years if elected. Those denying he's in a rapidly declining state are kidding themselves.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:32 am

She can't stand him as a person, but is happy with the job he's doing. She sees Harris as a horrible person with terrible ideas.

There's no conspiracy on Biden... it's a wager. I already have a wager with somebody here about him not making four years if elected. Those denying he's in a rapidly declining state are kidding themselves.
I'm not sure Trump makes it 4 years either. Who is less scary to consider as POTUS? Harris or Pence?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I can't stand either either of them. It's all garbage and phony. I feel the same way as people stare at Trump and think that's the way a sane person acts.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 am

I'm not sure Trump makes it 4 years either. Who is less scary to consider as POTUS? Harris or Pence?
He may not, but he runs circles around Biden. Dude is a marathoner. He's been going night after night after night. Biden doesn't seem to be able go hour after hour.

Harris or Pence... depends on who wins the Senate. Harris + D Senate = the scariest thing in DC I've ever seen in my life.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:56 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 am

He may not, but he runs circles around Biden. Dude is a marathoner. He's been going night after night after night. Biden doesn't seem to be able go hour after hour.

Harris or Pence... depends on who wins the Senate. Harris + D Senate = the scariest thing in DC I've ever seen in my life.
Trump is on cocaine. There is no other explanation. :?

He better be careful, Trump knows we only have a finite supply of energy.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:41 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:34 pm

He found a stool he liked. 8-)
This is no time to be fecetious.
:notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:33 am
Pwns wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:19 am That's exactly why I can't get too worked up about Trump's promise to not be a sore loser if he loses.

If you're going to expand the court because you don't like who is on it, why even have a Supreme Court?
Dems epitomize sore losers.

Didn’t win the election? Solution: abolish the electoral college and spend 4 years attempting to impeach the president
Can’t get a SCJ nomination through? solution: pack the court as soon as they have control again
Criminals killed by cops? Solution: burn down and loot every major city in America
Very shortly you'll have the opportunity to show Democrats how to be a good loser. :mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:09 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:56 am

Trump is on cocaine. There is no other explanation. :?

He better be careful, Trump knows we only have a finite supply of energy.
Adderall is said to be his favorite nose candy.

I'm surprised that as of yet none of his supporters have pointed out that at least when the phone rings at 3 am he'll be awake...