Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:30 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am

Why did the computer tech contact the FBI?
Supposedly he saw things that disturbed him.

Take all of it FWIW.
Like Human Centipede?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:06 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:38 am Here is a good analysis of the New York Post story situation:

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/92450686 ... r-giuliani

What we have is a former Sean Hannity Show Producer and Rudi Giuliani putting out stories that really do not provide evidence to support assertions.

It's a nothing burger. Hopefully most people will realize that and we can get rid of the atrocity we now have in the Oval Office.
Common sense to Dingbat: Neither Biden nor anyone from his 'team' have denied the allegations.
The Biden team said there was no meeting. Also, see the article at https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2 ... ts/169270/

I picked that one because the source I use for judging such things has it as "least biased" with a "high" factual reporting rating (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/defense-one/).

A quote:
Marc Ambinder, a security expert in residence with the University of Southern California Annenberg School, pointed out that that chain of events had all the hallmarks of a Russian disinformation operation.
Another thing:
Again, stipulating that the suspect email is real, there's literally nothing in it that says Joe Biden met with a Burisma adviser.
What this is is another example of just how far down the slime path the Republican Party has gone. There is nothing here other than another indication that the Republican Party as we know it today needs to be consigned to the ash heap of history.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:43 pm
Baldy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:06 pm
Common sense to Dingbat: Neither Biden nor anyone from his 'team' have denied the allegations.
The Biden team said there was no meeting. Also, see the article at https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2 ... ts/169270/

I picked that one because the source I use for judging such things has it as "least biased" with a "high" factual reporting rating (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/defense-one/).

A quote:
Marc Ambinder, a security expert in residence with the University of Southern California Annenberg School, pointed out that that chain of events had all the hallmarks of a Russian disinformation operation.
Another thing:
Again, stipulating that the suspect email is real, there's literally nothing in it that says Joe Biden met with a Burisma adviser.
What this is is another example of just how far down the slime path the Republican Party has gone. There is nothing here other than another indication that the Republican Party as we know it today needs to be consigned to the ash heap of history.
So the two sources quoted in the article are Bannon and Giuliani. The Post had trouble getting anyone to sign off on it.

Sounds legit. :lol:
Top editors met on Oct. 11 to discuss how to use the material provided by Mr. Giuliani. The group included the tabloid veteran Colin Allan, known as Col; Stephen Lynch, The Post’s editor in chief; and Michelle Gotthelf, the digital editor in chief, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting. Mr. Allan, who was The Post’s editor in chief from 2001 to 2016 and returned last year as an adviser, urged his colleagues to move quickly, the person said.

As deadline approached, editors pressed staff members to add their bylines to the story — and at least one aside from Mr. Golding refused, two Post journalists said. A Post spokeswoman had no comment on how the article was written or edited.

Headlined “BIDEN SECRET E-MAILS,” the article appeared Wednesday with two bylines: Emma-Jo Morris, a deputy politics editor who joined the paper after four years at the Murdoch-owned Fox News, and Gabrielle Fonrouge, a Post reporter since 2014.
Ms. Morris did not have a bylined article in The Post before Wednesday, a search of its website showed. She arrived at the tabloid in April after working as an associate producer on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show, according to her LinkedIn profile. Her Instagram account, which was set to private on Wednesday, included photos of her posing with the former Trump administration members Mr. Bannon and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, as well as Roger J. Stone Jr., a friend and former campaign adviser to Mr. Trump. (In July, the president commuted the sentence of Mr. Stone on seven felonies.)
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/busi ... biden.html
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:29 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:43 pm

A quote:

Another thing:

So the two sources quoted in the article are Bannon and Giuliani. The Post had trouble getting anyone to sign off on it.

Top editors met on Oct. 11 to discuss how to use the material provided by Mr. Giuliani. The group included the tabloid veteran Colin Allan, known as Col; Stephen Lynch, The Post’s editor in chief; and Michelle Gotthelf, the digital editor in chief, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting. Mr. Allan, who was The Post’s editor in chief from 2001 to 2016 and returned last year as an adviser, urged his colleagues to move quickly, the person said.

As deadline approached, editors pressed staff members to add their bylines to the story — and at least one aside from Mr. Golding refused, two Post journalists said. A Post spokeswoman had no comment on how the article was written or edited.

Headlined “BIDEN SECRET E-MAILS,” the article appeared Wednesday with two bylines: Emma-Jo Morris, a deputy politics editor who joined the paper after four years at the Murdoch-owned Fox News, and Gabrielle Fonrouge, a Post reporter since 2014.
Ms. Morris did not have a bylined article in The Post before Wednesday, a search of its website showed. She arrived at the tabloid in April after working as an associate producer on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show, according to her LinkedIn profile. Her Instagram account, which was set to private on Wednesday, included photos of her posing with the former Trump administration members Mr. Bannon and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, as well as Roger J. Stone Jr., a friend and former campaign adviser to Mr. Trump. (In July, the president commuted the sentence of Mr. Stone on seven felonies.)
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/busi ... biden.html
:lol:

All this circus act mumbo jumbo searching into the history of these reporters, and nobody from the Times can get a single statement from Hunter Biden. Interesting. :suspicious:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Adam Schiff on CNN yesterday, suggesting the Biden laptop & e-mails were part of some Russian disinformation campaign:
“We know that this whole smear on Joe Biden comes from the Kremlin. That’s been clear for well over a year now that they’ve been pushing this false narrative about this vice president and his son.”
Director of National Intelligence in response:
”It’s funny that some of the people who complain the most about intelligence being politicized are the ones politicizing the intelligence. Unfortunately, it is Adam Schiff who said the intelligence community believes the Hunter Biden laptop and emails on it are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

Let me be clear: the intelligence community doesn’t believe that because there is no intelligence that supports that. And we have shared no intelligence with Adam Schiff, or any member of Congress.”

“simply not true.”

“Hunter Biden’s laptop is not part of some Russian disinformation campaign..this is not part of some Russian disinformation campaign.”
Ratcliffe went on to say that the laptop is “in the jurisdiction of the FBI.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ratcli ... n-campaign

Yet the Jellys & JSO’s of the world, along with the rest of the left, will continue to cling to its ‘Russia, Russia!’
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:30 am Adam Schiff on CNN yesterday, suggesting the Biden laptop & e-mails were part of some Russian disinformation campaign:
“We know that this whole smear on Joe Biden comes from the Kremlin. That’s been clear for well over a year now that they’ve been pushing this false narrative about this vice president and his son.”
”It’s funny that some of the people who complain the most about intelligence being politicized are the ones politicizing the intelligence. Unfortunately, it is Adam Schiff who said the intelligence community believes the Hunter Biden laptop and emails on it are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

Let me be clear: the intelligence community doesn’t believe that because there is no intelligence that supports that. And we have shared no intelligence with Adam Schiff, or any member of Congress.”

“simply not true.”

“Hunter Biden’s laptop is not part of some Russian disinformation campaign..this is not part of some Russian disinformation campaign.”

Yet the Jellys & JSO’s of the world, along with the rest of the left, will continue to cling to its ‘Russia, Russia!’
“It’s funny that some of the people who complain the most about intelligence being politicized are the ones politicizing the intelligence,” Ratcliffe said. “Unfortunately, it is Adam Schiff who said the intelligence community believes the Hunter Biden laptop and emails on it are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.”

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:35 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:30 am Adam Schiff on CNN yesterday, suggesting the Biden laptop & e-mails were part of some Russian disinformation campaign:

“It’s funny that some of the people who complain the most about intelligence being politicized are the ones politicizing the intelligence,” Ratcliffe said. “Unfortunately, it is Adam Schiff who said the intelligence community believes the Hunter Biden laptop and emails on it are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.”

It gets better...

I checked Ratcliff’s wiki page...

“ President Donald Trump announced on July 28, 2019, that he intended to nominate Ratcliffe to replace Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence.[7][8] Ratcliffe withdrew after Republican senators raised concerns about him, former intelligence officials said he might politicize intelligence, and media revealed Ratcliffe's embellishments regarding his prosecutorial experience in terrorism and immigration cases.”

The level of projection is awesome!

:lol: :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Wow, surprised to see this in Donkistan:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:52 am Wow, surprised to see this in Donkistan:
He did get 4 million votes in California in the last election, there are certainly people there who will vote for him. Problem was, Hillary got 8 million votes. I don't think CA is turning red this time around.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

That song is soooo cool!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:15 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:26 pm Certainly a plot thickener if true.

Reading the bios of the reporters, I’m not holding my breath.
I have no idea who those folks are, I'll wait for the document dump. The response by the Biden campaign is pretty telling though.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

“simply not true.”

Russia? Again? Paging jelly. :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:07 am
He did get 4 million votes in California in the last election, there are certainly people there who will vote for him. Problem was, Hillary got 8 million votes. I don't think CA is turning red this time around.
It'll still be 60-40 Biden. A wasted and pointless trip for Trump.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

So they didn't write for Rolling Stone or GQ I take it?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Never Trumper Ben Shapiro jumps on the Trump train.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 am

It'll still be 60-40 Biden. A wasted and pointless trip for Trump.
Not wasted/pointless...He wasn‘t going for CA votes..
“Everyone assumes he’s going to go to battleground states. No one really thinks about how Orange County, California, is an ATM machine,” said Jon Fleischman, a former state GOP official....

...The scene unfolded in one of the wealthiest communities in Orange County — a longtime conservative citadel that shaped Ronald Reagan’s politics and is Richard Nixon’s resting place but voted Democratic in the 2016 presidential election for the first time since the Great Depression. Last year, the number of registered Democrats outpaced the number of registered Republicans. But the county remains home to a cadre of deep-pocketed GOP donors.

Tickets to the Newport Beach fundraiser started at $2,800 per person and peaked at $150,000 per couple for co-chair status...
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... california

Plus he had rally in Carson City, NV yesterday, and Prescott and Tuscon, today, so he was already near the West Coast..Maybe even stayed last night..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

See my above reply..he wasn‘t in CA for votes..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 am

So they didn't write for Rolling Stone or GQ I take it?
Pft...you forgot Vanity Fare and the Atlantic.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

You‘ve seen these:

Well:
Asteroid could strike Earth day prior to election: Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson
https://www.foxnews.com/us/astrophysici ... ection-day
:lol: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:09 am

So Giuliani hangs out with some Russian agents, tge Whitehouse was warned of this, then Giuliani ends up delivering the goods to the NYP.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:09 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:09 am

So Giuliani hangs out with some Russian agents, tge Whitehouse was warned of this, then Giuliani ends up delivering the goods to the NYP.

I'm missing your point. What Russian agents was Guliani hanging out with?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:16 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

This probably why the NYP has trouble finding anyone in their news org to sign off on the byline.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:18 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

This probably why the NYP has trouble finding anyone in their news org to sign off on the byline.
Okay. It was pretty well known Guliani was trying to dig up information on Biden in Ukraine, but how does that negate Hunters laptop AND the non denial denials from the Biden camp?

WaPo peddled Russian disinformation, so I guess they have that going for them. Love how WaPo's "sources" are unnamed! Can't make this up.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz