Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

Trump played perfect 4D chess on COVID.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dr ... o-n1171876
Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly," she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Why listen to the scientists on that?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:33 am Why listen to the scientists on that?
Why listen to them on anything at this point. The scientific community's credibility took a major hit thanks to their flip flopping on the China Virus to align with the most current Leftist talking points.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Indoor/outdoor dining in NYC...What can go wrong???

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Col Hogan wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:16 am Indoor/outdoor dining in NYC...What can go wrong???

We have them in town, shaped and called igloos. We dined in one last winter.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Minnesota had it's 3rd worst day for death, highest since June.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:57 am We would love to have France's numbers. Their daily cases are similar to our daily deaths.
For once France is not surrendering. They want back in this fight.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Montana deaths are spiking, not taking care of the elderly either.

Montana
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:38 pm Montana deaths are spiking
:suspicious: Are they? 11 was a record, but a month ago they had 9 and 10 in one day.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

FINALLY!!

I've been quarantined in Charleston since I tested positive for COVID as a pre-caution but had no symptoms. I was feeling fine until I went to sleep one night and woke up with the worst sinus pressure and sore throat i've ever experienced. But all of that was nothing when compared to the shortness of breath and fatigue. Those two combined make you feel like you're honestly dying. It took me about 4 days to get over it to the point where I could stay awake long enough to bathe myself.

Well today I finally got a negative test result and am cleared to go home - just in time for my 12th wedding anniversary this Saturday! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:02 pm
:suspicious: Are they? 11 was a record, but a month ago they had 9 and 10 in one day.
23 today
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:05 pm FINALLY!!

I've been quarantined in Charleston since I tested positive for COVID as a pre-caution but had no symptoms. I was feeling fine until I went to sleep one night and woke up with the worst sinus pressure and sore throat i've ever experienced. But all of that was nothing when compared to the shortness of breath and fatigue. Those two combined make you feel like you're honestly dying. It took me about 4 days to get over it to the point where I could stay awake long enough to bathe myself.

Well today I finally got a negative test result and am cleared to go home - just in time for my 12th wedding anniversary this Saturday! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Good to hear, stay healthy Mark.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Good to hear - happy anniversary as well.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:02 pm
Infections trail by two weeks, hospitalizations/deaths are 2-3 weeks further on average.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Great to hear. :thumb:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Good to read man!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Glad you're on the mend. You were really bitchy when you were sick. :kisswink:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Good deal. So where do you think you caught the virus? You were working from home, right? And where/why were you tested? How did you end up in Charleston?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:59 am

Good deal. So where do you think you caught the virus? You were working from home, right? And where/why were you tested? How did you end up in Charleston?
I think I caught it from an in law who I saw about a week before I went home to help take care of my mother following a surgery. I've ben WFH since March. He had minimal exposure to a student who was positive and then he tested positive. Since i had been around him for about 3 days directly after his exposure, we all got tested. Luckily none of my family contracted it.

My sister has had high levels of exposure 3x this month b/c she's a trauma nurse but has yet to contract it. *knock on wood*
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:02 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:59 am
I think I caught it from an in law who I saw about a week before I went home to help take care of my mother following a surgery. I've ben WFH since March. He had minimal exposure to a student who was positive and then he tested positive. Since i had been around him for about 3 days directly after his exposure, we all got tested. Luckily none of my family contracted it.

My sister has had high levels of exposure 3x this month b/c she's a trauma nurse but has yet to contract it. *knock on wood*
:thumb: :thumb:
Hope there are no more complications from this.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:38 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:02 am I think I caught it from an in law who I saw about a week before I went home to help take care of my mother following a surgery. I've ben WFH since March. He had minimal exposure to a student who was positive and then he tested positive. Since i had been around him for about 3 days directly after his exposure, we all got tested. Luckily none of my family contracted it.

Thanks. So do I. I'm still having trouble catching my breath but aside from that, i'm feeling much better with each passing day.

And I did it all without an IV/Clorox Bleach drip. :mrgreen:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:38 am
Thanks. So do I. I'm still having trouble catching my breath but aside from that, i'm feeling much better with each passing day.

Was it like the flu? Asking for a friend.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Glad you are feeling better. And happy anniversary!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:22 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 am

Was it like the flu? Asking for a friend.
I've never had the flu so I don't know. It was like a really bad, respiratory infection.