SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:31 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:49 am

I think there might still be a lot of potential Trump voters who aren't being honest with pollsters so I have no idea what will happen. Could be close or it could be a landslide for Biden.

I do think that a landslide for Biden would be much more of a rebuke for Trump than a mandate for Biden and progressive policies.
You think? The Trump supporters on this site have said they'd lie to a pollster if asked - and then bitch about the integrity of polls. :roll: I think 2020 is different. We've had 4 years of division, crisis, gaffes, MSM, etc... His supporters are so much more vocal now than in 2016. I'd say some still lie about it (punk bitches) but not nearly as much as 2016. :twocents:
Difference between 2016 and 2020 wrt to this issue is that there have been violence against Trump supporters, and plenty of people don't seem to have an issue with this escalation. So yeah, I'd be inclined to think your typical non-vocal Trump supporters (the silent majority if you will) wouldn't be in a hurry to tell a pollster who they are voting for.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

At this point I would be very optimistic about getting rid of Trump if we were in normal circumstances such as those that prevailed during every Presidential election of my lifetime through 2012. But there are a few things that really concern me:

1) People who are going to vote for Biden are more likely to be rational about the COVID-19 thing and attempt to vote by mail or by drop box. There is risk that a given person who votes by mail will make a mistake so that their vote is not counted.

2) Republicans are working very hard to suppress voting in areas where high percentages are likely to vote Democrat. So far they are having limited success but there are certain court decisions that are tenuous.

3) The Russians do want Trump to win and they have been doing things. I do not think I can rule out stuff like having people in heavily Democrat districts showing up and finding out there is no record of their being registered to vote, more "October Surprise" misinformation, etc. The Russians are in this and they really want Trump to win because Trump being President hurts the United States and helps them. That worries me.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:49 pm
You think? The Trump supporters on this site have said they'd lie to a pollster if asked - and then bitch about the integrity of polls. :roll: I think 2020 is different. We've had 4 years of division, crisis, gaffes, MSM, etc... His supporters are so much more vocal now than in 2016. I'd say some still lie about it (punk bitches) but not nearly as much as 2016. :twocents:
Difference between 2016 and 2020 wrt to this issue is that there have been violence against Trump supporters, and plenty of people don't seem to have an issue with this escalation. So yeah, I'd be inclined to think your typical non-vocal Trump supporters (the silent majority if you will) wouldn't be in a hurry to tell a pollster who they are voting for.
I think the idea that Trump supporters are afraid to say they are Trump supporters was way overplayed in 2016 and if it's a factor at all i poling now I don't think it is much. From what I can tell Trump supporters generally do not hide the fact that they are Trump supporters.

They SHOULD be ashamed to be Trump supporters. But I don't think that they are.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:26 pm At this point I would be very optimistic about getting rid of Trump if we were in normal circumstances such as those that prevailed during every Presidential election of my lifetime through 2012. But there are a few things that really concern me:

1) People who are going to vote for Biden are more likely to be rational about the COVID-19 thing and attempt to vote by mail or by drop box. There is risk that a given person who votes by mail will make a mistake so that their vote is not counted.

2) Republicans are working very hard to suppress voting in areas where high percentages are likely to vote Democrat. So far they are having limited success but there are certain court decisions that are tenuous.

3) The Russians do want Trump to win and they have been doing things. I do not think I can rule out stuff like having people in heavily Democrat districts showing up and finding out there is no record of their being registered to vote, more "October Surprise" misinformation, etc. The Russians are in this and they really want Trump to win because Trump being President hurts the United States and helps them. That worries me.
The Russians might favor Trump but China and Iran favor Biden. You're bias causes you to focus on things that are negatives for Trump rather than seeing the entire situation.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Didn't we just catch Iran sending emails to registered Democrats in Florida telling them to vote for Trump?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:39 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:26 pm At this point I would be very optimistic about getting rid of Trump if we were in normal circumstances such as those that prevailed during every Presidential election of my lifetime through 2012. But there are a few things that really concern me:

The Russians might favor Trump but China and Iran favor Biden. You're bias causes you to focus on things that are negatives for Trump rather than seeing the entire situation.
As has been reported many times, Russia is a much bigger problem in this area than China or Iran are. All I'm talking about here is what worries me. And I do not think China and Iran are anywhere near as involved in trying to influence this election as Russia is. I also think the FBI would agree with me.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:43 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:39 pm
As has been reported many times, Russia is a much bigger problem in this area than China or Iran are. All I'm talking about here is what worries me. And I do not think China and Iran are anywhere near as involved in trying to influence this election as Russia is. I also think the FBI would agree with me.
You're bias causes you to focus on things that are negatives for Trump rather than seeing the entire situation.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Didn't we just catch Iran sending emails to registered Democrats in Florida telling them to vote for Trump?

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:28 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:03 am
He’s not a “current” rapper?

The only rappers I could have named are the Ice guys: Ice Cube, Ice T, and Vanilla Ice. And Tupac and Biggy Smalls? And M&M...6 is pretty good for someone who doesn’t listen to rap..
The Ice Guys...i love that. :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Surely you've heard of the Beastie Boys? Run DMC? Kurtis Blow? Dr. Dre? Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff?
Beastie Boys: Yes, forgot about them.
Run DMC: Yes, but forgot about him.
Blow: No
Dr Dre: Vaguely
Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff: Vaguely.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:49 am

I think there might still be a lot of potential Trump voters who aren't being honest with pollsters so I have no idea what will happen. Could be close or it could be a landslide for Biden.

I do think that a landslide for Biden would be much more of a rebuke for Trump than a mandate for Biden and progressive policies.
So people who lie to pollsters are punk bitches. Um..Ok.. :roll:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:43 pm

You're bias causes you to focus on things that are negatives for Trump rather than seeing the entire situation.
You should have seen his analysis of Covington Catholic.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:03 am
He’s not a “current” rapper?

The only rappers I could have named are the Ice guys: Ice Cube, Ice T, and Vanilla Ice. And Tupac and Biggy Smalls? And M&M...6 is pretty good for someone who doesn’t listen to rap..

Surely you've heard of the Beastie Boys? Run DMC? Kurtis Blow? Dr. Dre? Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff?
Run C&W
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:49 pm
They're chickenshit. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:56 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:58 am Why Trump is toast.

(We will see)

https://thebulwark.com/trump-is-toast/? ... claPAWi-4M
bUlWARk. :lol:
I received the exact same response from a FB friend. Sykes and Kristin are CINO’s.

Conks eating their own.

:lol:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

This is the foreign policy we’ll get with Biden...brilliant people who think they know everything...

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:20 pm

Beatie Boys: Yes, forgot about them.

Good god, you’re whiter than kalm!

:clap:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:04 am
Baldy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:56 am
bUlWARk. :lol:
I received the exact same response from a FB friend. Sykes and Kristin are CINO’s.

Conks eating their own.

BuLwArK :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:31 am

Conks eating their own.

Are they kind of like the left's version of the NY Post?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 am
Center right folks who still believe there’s room for well reasoned and respectful conservative opinions and like the Lincoln Project, terrified of the damage that’s being done to the Republican brand.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:43 am
Center right folks who still believe there’s room for well reasoned and respectful conservative opinions and like the Lincoln Project, terrified of the damage that’s being done to the Republican brand.
So they're less biased and more reputable than the NY Post.

Who fills that role for the Democrats? We need a Kennedy Project.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:12 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:20 pm
Beatie Boys: Yes, forgot about them.

Good god, you’re whiter than kalm!

:clap:
‘Beatie’ Boys was a typo..
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Conks eating their own.

kalm liking neocon more war Bill Kristol! :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Super Donk and Hillary lover Peter Daou gives a very good description...

:nod:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

When they say the silent part out loud.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:43 am

The Lincoln Project is a bunch of grifters that are are doing a great job of milking gullible Dems for money that they pay to consulting firms they own to make ads against Trump.

Edit: I see Baldy beat me to it. :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire