Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: How Trump Wins

Post by GannonFan »

catbooster wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:58 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 am

What do you mean that Trump's campaign is not running tv ads in PA? Living in PA, I can tell you that there are just as many Trump ads as there are Biden ads. My kids can recite all the ads verbatim now. PA is fully contested by each side.
Maybe they're PAC ads, not Trump campaign ads?

PAC's have an effect on where or how much advertising a campaign uses too, I would think. Even though they can't coordinate. ;)
Nah, you hear both Biden and Trump endorsing these commercials, I don't think they do that on PAC ads.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:50 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:55 am
That article was from 10/10, 3 1/2 weeks before the election, referring to prior actions. FWIW I heard some political analyst say last week saying the biggest bang for the buck with televison ads was 2 weeks before the election. If you’re pouring all this $$ into ads 1-2 months out, you were wasting alot of $$.

Where has the spending been the 2 weeks prior to the election (10/20 onward)?
There are a few articles from the week of the 12th. I suspect there's nothing new about Trump pulling ads b/c he hasn't done it since earlier in the month.

Here's one from the 20th.
The campaign stopped running television spots in battleground states during the GOP convention, only running national cable ads and spots in Washington D.C. Meanwhile, former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign outspent the Trump campaign from the start of the Democratic convention through the Republican convention by $24 million on the airwaves.

Two notable absences from the campaign's newest announcement are Pennsylvania and Michigan — The Trump campaign hasn't run television ads in Michigan since late July and Pennsylvania since early August.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-t ... blogHeader
Fake news- the Trump campaign has been saturating the airwaves up here the last couple weeks with ads.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:12 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:02 am

I don't think we are talking the same metric. I'm not saying anything different than how Florida usually plays out. Dems always vote early and take a big lead. Republicans tend to vote later, or on the day of.

That's what the 40-60 is about.

Of likely Dem voters, there are only about 40% left to vote, while Republicans still have around 60%.

Trump's campaign believes they have enough likely voters left that they will surpass the early lead the Dems have built in Florida.
That is quite a bit different than what you originally said.
I'll let the board readers decide on that. While not perfectly clear, still the same sentiment.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:21 am
SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:12 am

That is quite a bit different than what you originally said.
I'll let the board readers decide on that. While not perfectly clear, still the same sentiment.
Maybe other are more used to your omitting of important qualifying phrases.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:39 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:21 am

This phrase, that you quoted part of, confused you?
Because as of about two days ago, of likely voters, Trump still had around 60% and Biden was at 40%.

If the voters go at the same rate here on out, Dems don't have a big enough lead to offset the Trump voters left to vote.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:42 am
SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:39 am

This phrase, that you quoted part of, confused you?
Because as of about two days ago, of likely voters, Trump still had around 60% and Biden was at 40%.

If the voters go at the same rate here on out, Dems don't have a big enough lead to offset the Trump voters left to vote.
The first sentence was the only one I quoted

"That have yet to vote" would be the important phrase to change the meaning of that.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 am

There are a few articles from the week of the 12th. I suspect there's nothing new about Trump pulling ads b/c he hasn't done it since earlier in the month.

What do you mean that Trump's campaign is not running tv ads in PA? Living in PA, I can tell you that there are just as many Trump ads as there are Biden ads. My kids can recite all the ads verbatim now. PA is fully contested by each side.
Are they PAC ads? I'm only going by what it being reported.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:13 am

Fake news- the Trump campaign has been saturating the airwaves up here the last couple weeks with ads.
Maybe "ads" needs to be better defined.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDanKlebiter questions Ibanez's use of online data on what is happening in PA based on his own personal experience after having done the exact opposite in MT.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:06 am
BDanKlebiter questions Ibanez's use of online data on what is happening in PA based on his own personal experience after having done the exact opposite in MT.
Claims a guy living in Oregon. GF said the same thing I did about PA..I guess NBC is correct then, and all those Trump commericials in PA are just an optical illusion :roll:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:20 am
Claims a guy living in Oregon. GF said the same thing I did about PA..I guess NBC is correct then, and all those Trump commericials in PA are just an optical illusion :roll:
I don't doubt you about PA. I just found it interesting that you're an Internet expert on MT disagreeing with someone who lives there and then take the opposite role on what's going on in PA. You can be a shill for Trump but try to be consistent when it comes to valuing the boots on the ground perspective.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Could it be from another Market that crosses into Pa? Is it one type of ad that was pulled while radio ads were still being bought? The reporting isn't clear.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:40 am
Could it be from another Market that crosses into Pa? Is it one type of ad that was pulled while radio ads were still being bought? The reporting isn't clear.
??? Markets crossing into PA? The only tv stations are in Philly - Delaware and South Jersey are Philly suburbs. It's okay, I think we all know that reporting these days pretty much sucks. The fact that you're getting news that Trump isn't advertising on tv at all in PA and hasn't for months is just further confirmation that journalism has given up objectivity as a defining pillar of their profession. There are ads on the tv almost non-stop and I hear the same ads on the radio when I drive to work - both parties are advertising heavily in PA.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:31 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:40 am
??? Markets crossing into PA? The only tv stations are in Philly - Delaware and South Jersey are Philly suburbs. It's okay, I think we all know that reporting these days pretty much sucks. The fact that you're getting news that Trump isn't advertising on tv at all in PA and hasn't for months is just further confirmation that journalism has given up objectivity as a defining pillar of their profession. There are ads on the tv almost non-stop and I hear the same ads on the radio when I drive to work - both parties are advertising heavily in PA.
I don't know man...I have no idea about PA. I'm just asking asking questions. :lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Reminder: How Trump wins is having enough idiots in the country to vote for him.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:44 pm Reminder: How Trump wins is having enough idiots in the country to vote for him.
What did Trump do to you?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:44 pm Reminder: How Trump wins is having enough idiots in the country to vote for him.
Can you show us on a doll with Trump touched you?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 pm
He confirmed my view that there are at least still a few open minded conservatives who recognize that sometimes both sides DONT do it. :kisswink:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 pm
He confirmed my view that there are at least still a few open minded conservatives who recognize that sometimes both sides DONT do it. :kisswink:
Just because he says a conservative doesn't mean he is. And if he is a conservative, he isn't a very dedicated one.

Trump's a buffoon but John's criticism of Trump and his inability to give Trump credit for anything he has accomplished are irrational and make me wonder why John hates him so much. What did Trump do to JSO?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:34 am
kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 am

Just because he says a conservative doesn't mean he is. And if he is a conservative, he isn't a very dedicated one.

Trump's a buffoon but John's criticism of Trump and his inability to give Trump credit for anything he has accomplished are irrational and make me wonder why John hates him so much. What did Trump do to JSO?
JSO's embrace of all things Hillary was a major red flag too. It was one thing to hate Trump, but it was something else to really be in favor of Hillary just on principle.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:34 am

JSO's embrace of all things Hillary was a major red flag too. It was one thing to hate Trump, but it was something else to really be in favor of Hillary just on principle.
He was right in both instances.

The whataboutism is stifling in here!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:49 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 am

If that's what you want to believe, sure, go ahead. She was as corrupt as they come. At least Biden doesn't really have that negative about him. Heck, even back then I remember ABC News having the temerity to put out an investigative piece on how they sold government contracts for the rebuild in Haiti to FOB's. Needless to say, Haiti is still in pretty dire straits. But that was pretty ballsy for ABC News to put out a story like that in October before an election.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:54 am
kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:49 am

If that's what you want to believe, sure, go ahead. She was as corrupt as they come. At least Biden doesn't really have that negative about him. Heck, even back then I remember ABC News having the temerity to put out an investigative piece on how they sold government contracts for the rebuild in Haiti to FOB's. Needless to say, Haiti is still in pretty dire straits. But that was pretty ballsy for ABC News to put out a story like that in October before an election.
Of course she was corrupt but do you really want to go about proving whether she approached Donald’s level? Go ahead and believe that based on both sides do it.

You can only pick Trump or Hilldog...which one would you be voting for?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am

Of course she was corrupt but do you really want to go about proving whether she approached Donald’s level? Go ahead and believe that based on both sides do it.

I already answered that, Jill Stein. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am

I'd rather shit my pants.