UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: How Trump Wins

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:54 am
If that's what you want to believe, sure, go ahead. She was as corrupt as they come. At least Biden doesn't really have that negative about him. Heck, even back then I remember ABC News having the temerity to put out an investigative piece on how they sold government contracts for the rebuild in Haiti to FOB's. Needless to say, Haiti is still in pretty dire straits. But that was pretty ballsy for ABC News to put out a story like that in October before an election.
Of course she was corrupt but do you really want to go about proving whether she approached Donald’s level? Go ahead and believe that based on both sides do it.

You can only pick Trump or Hilldog...which one would you be voting for?
Gary Johnson but if I was forced to vote for one of those two it would be Trump. Yes, "she approached Donald's level". They're both sleezeballs but Trump's corruption is more apparent and almost cartoonish. Hillary's was more covert and insidious and would have been more cancerous in the long-term.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:11 am
kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am

Of course she was corrupt but do you really want to go about proving whether she approached Donald’s level? Go ahead and believe that based on both sides do it.

You can only pick Trump or Hilldog...which one would you be voting for?
Gary Johnson but if I was forced to vote for one of those two it would be Trump. Yes, "she approached Donald's level". They're both sleezeballs but Trump's corruption is more apparent and almost cartoonish. Hillary's was more covert and insidious and would have been more cancerous in the long-term.
That’s a fair argument. I still wouldn’t vote for Trump.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:25 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:11 am

Why?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

He gets over 269 electoral votes. As long as this thread is, I can’t believe no one has said this.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:30 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 pm

Name them. :coffee: :coffee:
The 30 he won last time, plus:
Minnesota
New Hampshire
Maine
Virginia
Colorado
New Mexico
Nevada
Bump.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:42 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:25 am

Why?
I’ll give you the short that covers most of it.

He has emboldened stupidity.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:38 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:42 pm

Why?

If I’m willing to stipulate to that, isn’t stupidity better than what Hillary would have emboldened?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 am
kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:38 am

If I’m willing to stipulate to that, isn’t stupidity better than what Hillary would have emboldened?
For example?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:27 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 am

For example?
Insidious and covert corruption more dangerous and cancerous in the long term? (I thought that was clear from the discussion.... :suspicious: )
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:41 am
For example?
Insidious and covert corruption more dangerous and cancerous in the long term? (I thought that was clear from the discussion.... :suspicious: )
:nod:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:11 am They're both sleezeballs but Trump's corruption is more apparent and almost cartoonish. Hillary's was more covert and insidious and would have been more cancerous in the long-term.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:57 am

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:11 am They're both sleezeballs but Trump's corruption is more apparent and almost cartoonish. Hillary's was more covert and insidious and would have been more cancerous in the long-term.
Kind of agree here. No one pretends Trump is a person of virtue. Heck, he's almost cartoonish in how corrupt and lacking in morals he is. Hillary and the Democratic Party, on the other hand, will still claim to be angelic while behind the scenes being just as corrupt as Trump and others. I still harken back to the night before the last election - Hillary had a rally in Philly in front of Independence Hall, with Bill in tow and with both Obamas, and a friend of mine on Facebook, a women's studies college professor, made a post of holding up her daughter so that she could get a glimpse of such storied history of seeing all four of those persons on that same stage at once. I'll grant you the Obama's, no issue there, but given Bill and Hillary's sordid history of corruption I thought it was a tremendous effort to not only sweep that under the rug but to lionize the two of them at the same time. Thankfully, Hillary's defeat let us leave the Clinton's in the past where they rightfully belong. Thankfully that level of corruption, and insidious is a good term for it, was not successful. Then at least.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Perhaps...but I didn’t claim it was his corruption.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Yes I know. You said it was his emboldening of stupidity. Thus you’re saying his emboldening of stupidity is WORSE than Clinton’s known/covert and insidious corruption that is cancerous and more dangerous in the long term....
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:21 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:42 pm
Yes I know. You said it was his emboldening of stupidity. Thus you’re saying his emboldening of stupidity is WORSE than Clinton’s known/covert and insidious corruption that is cancerous and more dangerous in the long term....
I thought then and still think that a Clinton Presidency would have been more dangerous and damaging in the long term.

Is Trump responsible for emboldening AOC, AnTiFa, etc's stupidity too? That's a heavy cross to bear.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

For example?
Like kowtowing to Putin in front of the whole world?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 pm

What did Trump do to you?
He confirmed my view that there are at least still a few open minded conservatives who recognize that sometimes both sides DONT do it. :kisswink:
How bout that Lincoln Project? :shock:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

For example?
This.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:47 am

Called it out in the other thread - do you have any details to support this bluster or is it just bluster. I'm all in favor of lambasting Trump for his real flaws, but you've been floating this out there and never backing it up with facts.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

How Trump wins?

The HoR somehow gets involved and overturns the will of the people.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 am

Called it out in the other thread - do you have any details to support this bluster or is it just bluster. I'm all in favor of lambasting Trump for his real flaws, but you've been floating this out there and never backing it up with facts.
Yeah - i've never really bought into the Russian theory. There'd be something and there's just a lot of noise. The Democrats screwed themselves by hammering on nonsense and with no evidence. They should've kept their mouths shut and only spoken up when they had irrefutable evidence.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 am

Yeah - i've never really bought into the Russian theory. There'd be something and there's just a lot of noise. The Democrats screwed themselves by hammering on nonsense and with no evidence. They should've kept their mouths shut and only spoken up when they had irrefutable evidence.
Didn't that Nunes guy claim he had irrefutable evidence? Trump ain't the only one who does a lot of lying these days, he's just the most proficient at it.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:20 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 am

Didn't that Nunes guy claim he had irrefutable evidence? Trump ain't the only one who does a lot of lying these days, he's just the most proficient at it.
I think he did...but we didn't see it. Maybe the USPS lost it...? I dunno.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

oh please, the footage of Putin dogwalking Trump in Helsinki is readily available and I have no doubt you've already seen it