Leftist attacks on Trump supporters

Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Leftist attacks on Trump supporters

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:13 am I’m sorry, but I can’t help but laugh at the dichotomy: Lefties laugh off the rioting, looting, violence, and outright threats of overthrowing the government if they lose, but get bent and totally butthurt that the Trumpers “ambushed” the Biden bus and had the audacity to drive beside it on the freeway.
They're all idiots. All. Of. Them.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:59 am
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
The "or" in the first sentence is pretty important to the definition. While I think sedition is a better word for what they're doing, I don't interpret the definition to limit treason to just "giving aid and comfort to an enemy we have declared war against."
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:07 pm
The "or" in the first sentence is pretty important to the definition. While I think sedition is a better word for what they're doing, I don't interpret the definition to limit treason to just "giving aid and comfort to an enemy we have declared war against."
Not looking up the Constitution right now, but does it say that treason involves an enemy that we've declared war against? Didn't the Rosenbergs get the chair (or were hung, can't remember) and I don't recall us ever declaring war against the USSR.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The Rosenbergs weren't charged with treason. They were charged with espionage.

Even that didn't meet the treason bar.

But, this Zoom call did. :lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:15 pm The Rosenbergs weren't charged with treason. They were charged with espionage.

So what would you call the Zoom call? Where under 18 U.S. Code CHAPTER 115—TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES would you categorize the Zoom call?

Or are you going to continue to use the BDK approach of distracting from the underlying issue by focusing on the accuracy of a detail?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:15 pm The Rosenbergs weren't charged with treason. They were charged with espionage.

Nit-picking the unimportant part of the post - I was just questioning the idea that treason involves a declared war. And no, I don't think whatever that Zoom call was amounts to anything.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:59 am
:lol:

Which is why I specifically posted the definition out of the dictionary.

Jeezus Christ, just take the L and move about your day. :roll:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Nit-picking the unimportant part of the post - I was just questioning the idea that treason involves a declared war. And no, I don't think whatever that Zoom call was amounts to anything.
I would say a Zoom call is similar to a bunch of yahoos in Georgia, Michigan, Idaho, etc. talking about resisting or opposing the government. If they take action then it becomes more substantial.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:51 pm

I would say a Zoom call is similar to a bunch of yahoos in Georgia, Michigan, Idaho, etc. talking about resisting or opposing the government. If they take action then it becomes more substantial.
Well, these people just aren't some rednecks playing army in the backwoods of Idaho.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:59 pm
Well, these people just aren't some rednecks playing army in the backwoods of Idaho.
True but the Feds would be very busy if they arrested everyone who engaged in seditious discussions. Sh!t, Trump probably says something that could be considered seditious at least once a month. The Feds monitor the redneck miltias and they should be keeping an eye on these people too.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:12 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:59 pm
True but the Feds would be very busy if they arrested everyone who engaged in seditious discussions. Sh!t, Trump probably says something that could be considered seditious at least once a month. The Feds monitor the redneck miltias and they should be keeping an eye on these people too.
Save everyone the trouble, just fire every single one of them. Problem solved.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

If we're going to define this Zoom meeting as treason or sedition - we have to define the Bundys taking over federal government property with armed militias at least the same.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:41 pm

If we're going to define this Zoom meeting as treason or sedition - we have to define the Bundys taking over federal government property with armed militias at least the same.
And then ANTIFA taking over the federal building in Oregon, AMIRITE?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

If we're going with the broad treason and sedition definition. Sure.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:59 pm If we're going with the broad treason and sedition definition. Sure.
Good. I’d gladly trade the Bundy family for 500 or so of those punk-ass bitches in Oregon. Put ‘em all in prison. Lose the key.

Oregon is one fucked up state.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Leftist attacks on Trumpflakes

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:01 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:59 pm If we're going with the broad treason and sedition definition. Sure.
Good. I’d gladly trade the Bundy family for 500 or so of those punk-ass bitches in Oregon. Put ‘em all in prison. Lose the key.

Heh, I live in Oregon and I love it. Portland doesn't define Oregon and Oregon isn't just Portland. There are plenty of Bundy type yahoos as you move away from Portland.
Last edited by UNI88 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:41 pm If we're going to define this Zoom meeting as treason or sedition - we have to define the Bundys taking over federal government property with armed militias at least the same.
And then ANTIFA taking over the federal building in Oregon, AMIRITE?
Treason, Domestic Terrorism...take your pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:15 am I expect donks to vote for donks and Trump haters to vote against Trump, but anyone voting Joe Biden because he's Joe Biden *is* an idiot. And that includes the people that chose him over the rest of the Democrat contenders in the primaries.
The DNC forced him upon us. If they have a lick of sense they'll put Stacy Abrams in charge of the DNC - I don't think anybody realizes what she accomplished in nearly turning Georgia blue in the face of ferocious voter suppression.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Re: Leftist attacks on Trumpflakes

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Heh, I live in Oregon and I love it. Portland doesn't define Oregon and Oregon isn't just Portland. There are plenty of Bundy type yahoos as you move away from Portland.
:nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

This sort of negative thinking isn't helping :ohno:

:lmao:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:43 am
Pwns wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:15 am I expect donks to vote for donks and Trump haters to vote against Trump, but anyone voting Joe Biden because he's Joe Biden *is* an idiot. And that includes the people that chose him over the rest of the Democrat contenders in the primaries.
The DNC forced him upon us. If they have a lick of sense they'll put Stacy Abrams in charge of the DNC - I don't think anybody realizes what she accomplished in nearly turning Georgia blue in the face of ferocious voter suppression.
I know i'm a broken record on this...but no no no to Abrams. No no no. Just no...
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

The DNC forced him upon us. If they have a lick of sense they'll put Stacy Abrams in charge of the DNC - I don't think anybody realizes what she accomplished in nearly turning Georgia blue in the face of ferocious voter suppression by the party in charge of Fulton County.
FYP
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:06 am

The DNC forced him upon us. If they have a lick of sense they'll put Stacy Abrams in charge of the DNC - I don't think anybody realizes what she accomplished in nearly turning Georgia blue in the face of ferocious voter suppression by the party in charge of Fulton County.
FYP