BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:37 pm Official Milwaukee vote Link

273 City of Milwaukee Ward 273 - 671 612 Registered voters followed by people that voted, less than 100%.
274 City of Milwaukee Ward 274 - 702 611
That’s 91% and 87%. What are the historical ranges?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Honest question - what is it like to support someone that throws a temper tantrum when they lose? If this were any other person, we'd all tell him or her to get over it. Move on.

Is it that you're upset he lost? That's understandable.
Is it b/c you can't BELIEVE he lost so you have to find a nefarious reason?

I'm sincerely trying to understand. The petulant behavior is only going to further ruin his image and legacy. And it will ruin it. He'll go down as the President that couldn't accept defeat, hurt America by having the first non-peaceful transition (GSA won't even let transition begin) and who knows what else. :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:09 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:37 pm Official Milwaukee vote Link

273 City of Milwaukee Ward 273 - 671 612 Registered voters followed by people that voted, less than 100%.
In 2016 577 voted in 273, and 556 in 274. I don't have any info on the number of registered voters from 2016 for each ward.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:55 am Honest question - what is it like to support someone that throws a temper tantrum when they lose? If this were any other person, we'd all tell him or her to get over it. Move on.

I'm sincerely trying to understand. The petulant behavior is only going to further ruin his image and legacy. And it will ruin it. He'll go down as the President that couldn't accept defeat, hurt America by having the first non-peaceful transition (GSA won't even let transition begin) and who knows what else. :twocents:
His style of protest aside, do you think that there was absolutely no fraud in this election? I think it is important to identify all the ways that allowed fraud to happen so that changes could be made to ensure less fraud in the future.
And sure, there was likely fraud on both sides. But I would bet my last dollar that Biden benefitted more. Did it affect the outcome? We will never truly know.
So is fighting for the improvement of procedures going to hurt America? Or is this all about Trump?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:09 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:09 pm
In 2016 577 voted in 273, and 556 in 274. I don't have any info on the number of registered voters from 2016 for each ward.
Does Wisconsin have same day registration?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:52 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:46 pm

...probably a bad flux capacitor in the vote generator. :coffee:
If the lady who brought it up is full of it, I will forgo any sort of media the rest of my life. She's the attorney that has taken Mike Flynn from going to jail to getting the government to drop the case once the judge agrees. It would mean you simply cannot find any true news out there.
There were voting machine anomalies in '16 too but nobody paid much attention to them. And who wants a President that most voters didn't vote for? Again. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:18 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:55 am Honest question - what is it like to support someone that throws a temper tantrum when they lose? If this were any other person, we'd all tell him or her to get over it. Move on.

His style of protest aside, do you think that there was absolutely no fraud in this election? I think it is important to identify all the ways that allowed fraud to happen so that changes could be made to ensure less fraud in the future.
And sure, there was likely fraud on both sides. But I would bet my last dollar that Biden benefitted more. Did it affect the outcome? We will never truly know.
So is fighting for the improvement of procedures going to hurt America? Or is this all about Trump?
in '16 the fraud favored the Rs, in '20, the Ds - so what?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:30 am
I'm not aware of that in '16. Where did you hear that?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

So you're going to answer my question with an answer? C'mon.

I've been clear but i'll say it again- Fraud, regardless of the eventual outcome or who benefitted, should be investigated. Voter intimidation, voter suppression, voter fraud is going to occur. Will it occur on a grand scale to tip a national election? I'm not sure but the evidence and stats suggest it's unlikely.

So answer my questions: What's it like to support someone that throws a tantrum when the lose? How can you look at that person and think they've got the maturity level, the humility, to be a leader of 330M people when they can't accept the peoples choice? Is the only reason he lost because of fraud? He's got a victim mentality like I've never seen and it seems to be not only accepted but justified.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 am

I believe it was from the CS people at Stanford - the anomaly was in the difference between how machines with a paper trail agreed with exit polls vs. machines without a paper trail. Those with a paper trail agreed perfectly with exit polling while those withou differed significantly, and it occured in both the D primary and in the general election. Thats why I said that the biggest irony of the '16 election was how HRC got fucked in the general in exactly the same fashion as Bernie got fucked in the primary. (The school might have been Carneige-Mellon, should be easy to find.)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:19 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:09 am

Yes, the number of registered voters goes up on election day
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:40 am

I've been clear but i'll say it again- Fraud, regardless of the eventual outcome or who benefitted, should be investigated. Voter intimidation, voter suppression, voter fraud is going to occur. Will it occur on a grand scale to tip a national election? I'm not sure but the evidence and stats suggest it's unlikely.

So answer my questions: What's it like to support someone that throws a tantrum when the lose? How can you look at that person and think they've got the maturity level, the humility, to be a leader of 330M people when they can't accept the peoples choice? Is the only reason he lost because of fraud? He's got a victim mentality like I've never seen and it seems to be not only accepted but justified.
I'm rarely a supporter of a politician. I always support certain policies.
Trump, the person, is easily unlikable. And I'm in that camp. But I absolutely loved many of his policies, or intended policies.
I have a problem when people can't distinguish between the person and the policies. It's bad enough when people can't identify good and bad policies. In my mind, this election was the equivalent of throwing out the baby with the bath water.

So the answer to your question is obvious. I don't like the style, or "tantrum" as you put it. I'm not sure why you would even ask that question. But I support post-election investigations.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:44 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 am
I believe it was from the CS people at Stanford - the anomaly was in the difference between how machines with a paper trail agreed with exit polls vs. machines without a paper trail. Those with a paper trail agreed perfectly with exit polling while those withou differed significantly, and it occured in both the D primary and in the general election. Thats why I said that the biggest irony of the '16 election was how HRC got fucked in the general in exactly the same fashion as Bernie got fucked in the primary. (The school might have been Carneige-Mellon, should be easy to find.)
I don't remember hearing any of that. So what's a machine without a paper trail? Computer entry? I've never seen one so not sure. But now that I think about it, I do remember talk about times where the vote automatically switched on the computer. But I don't remember it going from HRC to Trump. I thought it was going from Bernie to HRC.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:47 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:19 am

Well then that could certainly be the answer how votes exceed registered voters, if the outdated number of registered voters is used.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:50 pm I didn't look to see and somebody might already have posted something along these lines. But I'll post it.

What's going on with people acting like something nefarious went on because Biden made up ground in States where mail in votes were counted after election day is very bad. It was to be expected. If you were paying attention to what was going on with Pennsylvania as of election day, for example, you knew that Trump likely did not have a large enough lead at the end of live voting to withstand the advantage Biden had in mail in votes.

The article at https://www.politico.com/.../democrats-more-mail-in... was posted on election day, November 3. The author reports that, as of then, about 1.6 million Pennsylvania mail ballots had been received from Democrats, 586,000 had been received from Republicans, and 278,000 had been received from Independents. That means there were more than a million more Democrat votes than Republican votes among votes yet to be counted.

Also, this year, Independents broke for Biden. Trump's lead after election day was about 600,000 votes. Any smart betting person would've bet Biden was going to overcome his lead as mail in ballots were counted and win the State.

And the same is true of other States where mail in ballots were counted after election day. Nationally, polls prior to the election indicated that about 50% of Democrats planned to vote by mail while about 25% of Republicans did. So you would expect Democrats to have about a 2:1 edge when those votes were counted.

It wasn't cheating. It was just math and the way in which supporters of two candidates opted to vote.
:lol: at JSO using voodoo math based on back of the envelope projections from voter registration and ignoring real statistical analysis based on actual voting data. This coming from a numbers guy like yourself is quite rich, but not unexpected given your TDS.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:12 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:47 am

Well then that could certainly be the answer how votes exceed registered voters, if the outdated number of registered voters is used.

Where do you see numbers exceeding registered voters? The site for Milwaukee shows less voters than registered voters.

Official Milwaukee vote Link

Last edited by Gil Dobie on Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Define grand scale. Because in this case, we're talking just a few large cities (Milwaukee, Detroit, Philly, Atlanta) in the swing states. In some cases (Philly, Atlanta) there has been known voter fraud for years. And in the case of Philly, they even had people go to jail recently over it.
PHILADELPHIA — A former U.S. Congressman from Philadelphia was charged Tuesday with conspiring to violate voting rights by fraudulently stuffing the ballot boxes for specific candidates in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 primary elections, bribery of an election official, falsification of records, voting more than once in federal elections, and obstruction of justice, the U.S. Department of Justice announced Thursday.

Michael “Ozzie” Myers, 77, a Philadelphia Democrat, is accused of conspiring with and bribing the former Judge of Elections for the 39th Ward, 36th Division, Domenick J. Demuro, according to the Department of Justice.
https://www.fox43.com/article/news/poli ... e8c2e454d3
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Is this still a thing?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:40 am Is this still a thing?
It is until the lawsuits are thrown out/ruled on and the EC electors casts their votes.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:38 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:12 am

Where do you see numbers exceeding registered voters? The site for Milwaukee shows less voters than registered voters.

Official Milwaukee vote Link

Hogan's post on the previous page.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:02 am

Trump, the person, is easily unlikable. And I'm in that camp. But I absolutely loved many of his policies, or intended policies.
I have a problem when people can't distinguish between the person and the policies. It's bad enough when people can't identify good and bad policies. In my mind, this election was the equivalent of throwing out the baby with the bath water.

So the answer to your question is obvious. I don't like the style, or "tantrum" as you put it. I'm not sure why you would even ask that question. But I support post-election investigations.
Right, but by supporting his policies, you've supported the man. And it's emboldened him to act like this. You can't separate the politician from the policy. They go hand in hand. :twocents:

We threw out the baby with the bath water...he just keeps crying b/c he's not getting his way. :mrgreen:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:02 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:02 am

Right, but by supporting his policies, you've supported the man. And it's emboldened him to act like this. You can't separate the politician from the policy. They go hand in hand. :twocents:

We threw out the baby with the bath water...he just keeps crying b/c he's not getting his way. :mrgreen:
You're trying to conflate Trump's foreign/economic/domestic policies with Trumps terrible behavior and rage tweets. Your statement is intellectually dishonest.

Edit: I'll add it's also a very dangerous take.
Last edited by SDHornet on Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:39 am

Define grand scale. Because in this case, we're talking just a few large cities (Milwaukee, Detroit, Philly, Atlanta) in the swing states. In some cases (Philly, Atlanta) there has been known voter fraud for years. And in the case of Philly, they even had people go to jail recently over it.
PHILADELPHIA — A former U.S. Congressman from Philadelphia was charged Tuesday with conspiring to violate voting rights by fraudulently stuffing the ballot boxes for specific candidates in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 primary elections, bribery of an election official, falsification of records, voting more than once in federal elections, and obstruction of justice, the U.S. Department of Justice announced Thursday.

Michael “Ozzie” Myers, 77, a Philadelphia Democrat, is accused of conspiring with and bribing the former Judge of Elections for the 39th Ward, 36th Division, Domenick J. Demuro, according to the Department of Justice.
Just that - multiple states, cities, counites. 10s of 1000s of votes. I've never once said it's impossible to commit fraud or that it occurs. I just question the ability to covertly execute such a plan across 4 or 5 metro areas in an attempt to narrowly win. It doesn't make sense to me. Why go through the trouble, just to win by less than 1% in some states. And why go through the trouble to NOT make sure down ballot candidates also won.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:05 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:39 am

Just that - multiple states, cities, counites. 10s of 1000s of votes. I've never once said it's impossible to commit fraud or that it occurs. I just question the ability to covertly execute such a plan across 4 or 5 metro areas in an attempt to narrowly win. It doesn't make sense to me. Why go through the trouble, just to win by less than 1% in some states. And why go through the trouble to NOT make sure down ballot candidates also won.
Oh, so you're assuming the whole thing was coordinated, rather than each localized political machine doing the thing they have been doing for years. I don't think there was some conference where all the fraudsters got together and said, "ok, here's the plan..." They don't need to be told what to do as it's what they've been doing for years.

Same goes for the other side.