2020 General Election

Political discussions
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Winterborn »

Joe Biden is allegedly putting together an interesting cabinet. The ending does have some strong language as a FYI.

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:32 pm Joe Biden is allegedly putting together an interesting cabinet. The ending does have some strong language as a FYI.

At what point do the progressives realize they've been hoodwinked?

Or has that come and gone and I missed it?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:24 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:35 pm

While this may all turn out to be true, does it not concern you in the least that there might have been fraud? Even if it wasn’t what ultimately pushed him over the top, that maybe it might have been a trial run for how to control future elections?

Not even a little bit?
I think it's likely that there was a little bit of what may be characterized as "fraud" by virtue of some form of illegal voting, etc. I think there probably always is. But I also think that there was nothing unusual in that regard with this election and it can go both ways.

For example: I saw a story yesterday about a big deal that was made about a woman who brought in a mail ballot for her mother who had died. That was an illegal vote. But the daughter said the vote was for Trump. And the daughter wasn't intentionally trying to do anything wrong. She was just trying to have her recently deceased mother's will expressed.

This whole thing is ridiculous. The People have clearly spoken. Biden being President is the Will of the People. If Trump somehow succeeds in thwarting that it is going to be a historic crisis and an historic injustice. It would be a very serious problem for this country.

We already have a serious problem because Trump is even doing this bogus shit. The best case end of this situation is that the legitimate winner, Biden, takes office and almost half the country believes he's illegitimate because they buy Trump's bullshit. The worst case end is that we actually have the Will of the People overturned. Right now I don't think that's going to happen. I hope not. But the fact that we even have a Presidential candidate doing it while being supported by a major political party in his effort is a serious problem.
:rofl: at your weak ass attempt to diminish voter fraud.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:06 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:32 pm Joe Biden is allegedly putting together an interesting cabinet. The ending does have some strong language as a FYI.

I don't know. One would think after Bernie Sanders had the rug yanked out from under himself twice they would of figured it out by now.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:23 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:26 am

That happens after every election. It's called a canvass.
Um no. Try again. Canvassing is basically exit polling. I'm talking about an actual audit/recount of the votes that were cast.
Update on Wisconsin's canvass... which is definitely not an audit and is basically an exit poll. :lol:
51 of 72 Wisconsin counties complete canvasses resulting in minor vote shift

More than two thirds of the counties in Wisconsin have submitted official election results after completing their canvasses.

The largest counties in the state including Milwaukee, Dane and Waukesha are still in the audit process, but more than 50 other counties have finished their canvasses. Altogether, the reporting counties show a small gain in votes for Joe Biden and a loss of about a few hundred votes for President Trump.

The state’s largest county wrapped up its first week of canvassing inside the Milwaukee County Courthouse, but Milwaukee County Elections Director Julietta Henry expects their audit to take a few more days.

“The city of Milwaukee for example, there were 16 provisional votes that will be added to the count,” Henry said.

As of Wednesday, 51 of the state’s 72 counties had completed their canvasses. When you add up all of their totals, Biden gained 10 votes and President Trump lost 271 votes compared to the unofficial results from election night.

President Trump took a hit from an error in Shawano County, losing 274 votes. The county’s audit found a poll worker mistakenly mixed up the unofficial totals.

Price County’s canvass found a similar error, reporting 100 votes too many for Biden on election night.

Sheboygan County’s canvass removed a small number of votes from both candidates. The Sheboygan County Clerk said this was also another poll worker mistake in reporting the unofficial totals.

Henry said this is why counties canvass, to double check that each legal vote is counted.

“There’s nothing substantiating voter fraud in Wisconsin,” Henry said.

Every county in Wisconsin is required to send their final canvassing results to the state’s elections commission by next Tuesday, November 17. Henry said Milwaukee County canvassers will likely have to work up until the deadline.
https://www.tmj4.com/news/election-2020 ... vote-shift
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 pm

I think it's likely that there was a little bit of what may be characterized as "fraud" by virtue of some form of illegal voting, etc. I think there probably always is. But I also think that there was nothing unusual in that regard with this election and it can go both ways.

For example: I saw a story yesterday about a big deal that was made about a woman who brought in a mail ballot for her mother who had died. That was an illegal vote. But the daughter said the vote was for Trump. And the daughter wasn't intentionally trying to do anything wrong. She was just trying to have her recently deceased mother's will expressed.

This whole thing is ridiculous. The People have clearly spoken. Biden being President is the Will of the People. If Trump somehow succeeds in thwarting that it is going to be a historic crisis and an historic injustice. It would be a very serious problem for this country.

We already have a serious problem because Trump is even doing this bogus shit. The best case end of this situation is that the legitimate winner, Biden, takes office and almost half the country believes he's illegitimate because they buy Trump's bullshit. The worst case end is that we actually have the Will of the People overturned. Right now I don't think that's going to happen. I hope not. But the fact that we even have a Presidential candidate doing it while being supported by a major political party in his effort is a serious problem.

:lol:

Biden's new Chief of Staff.

He prolly meant to say that elections are only rigged when Donks lose.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Considering the word “populism” has been used to describe right wing movements and candidates by establishment media, they should have anticipated getting kicked to the curb heading in to this election.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Where’s the fraud? Are the Republican SOS’s who claim no irregularities in on it?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Obviously don't know if all the talk is true about voter and election fraud, but it sure is interesting. Been seeing how information is coming forward you wouldn't expect, and it's due to the average person doing the work.

Right now it feels like the investigation of Obamagate. Lots of talk about proof, but not holding my breath it will see the light of day, or even worse, is bullshit.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:35 am Obviously don't know if all the talk is true about voter and election fraud, but it sure is interesting. Been seeing how information is coming forward you wouldn't expect, and it's due to the average person doing the work.

Right now it feels like the investigation of Obamagate. Lots of talk about proof, but not holding my breath it will see the light of day, or even worse, is bullshit.
Trump has been President for almost 4 years. If there was definitive proof of Obamagate wouldn't it have come to light by now? Or is the deep state hiding it? Obamagate seems to belong right there with Trump/Russia collusion, Hunter/Ukraine, etc. There is smoke but not enough substantive evidence.

The number of Uumpa Trumpas who belittle Russian collusion but scream about Hunter/Ukraine and the number of pseudo-progressives that do the opposite is mind-boggling.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:35 am Obviously don't know if all the talk is true about voter and election fraud, but it sure is interesting. Been seeing how information is coming forward you wouldn't expect, and it's due to the average person doing the work.

Trump has been President for almost 4 years. If there was definitive proof of Obamagate wouldn't it have come to light by now? Or is the deep state hiding it? Obamagate seems to belong right there with Trump/Russia collusion, Hunter/Ukraine, etc. There is smoke but not enough substantive evidence.

The number of Uumpa Trumpas who belittle Russian collusion but scream about Hunter/Ukraine and the number of pseudo-progressives that do the opposite is mind-boggling.
Oh don't think I don't agree with you. I'm on record many times on this board as saying that no one of consequence will go to jail, if anyone at all.

Supposedly Barr was hoping that his investigator, John Durham, was going to wrap up his investigation before the election, but COVID delayed that effort.

I do see how this seems exactly like all smoke.

In regards to Obamagate, there is proof that has been out there for three years. FISA judge Rosemary Colyer released a report that documented how the FBI and non FBI contractors were abusing the 702 system to perform political surveillance.

I don't view that as Dems vs Reps as much as I view it as a huge 4th amendment violation. The type of violation we were told would never happen.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:54 am

Where’s the fraud? Are the Republican SOS’s who claim no irregularities in on it?
You'd have to ask Biden's Chief of Staff as he's the one who said it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:26 am

Considering the word “populism” has been used to describe right wing movements and candidates by establishment media, they should have anticipated getting kicked to the curb heading in to this election.
:nod:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

What Trump appears to be doing now is trying to stop or delay State certification of results in States where he lost but there are Republican legislatures with the aim of having deadlines missed so that the Republican legislatures choose the electors instead of having electors chosen based on the vote of the People.

Do you Trump cultists on here support that?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:46 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 am

Oh don't think I don't agree with you. I'm on record many times on this board as saying that no one of consequence will go to jail, if anyone at all.

Supposedly Barr was hoping that his investigator, John Durham, was going to wrap up his investigation before the election, but COVID delayed that effort.

In regards to Obamagate, there is proof that has been out there for three years. FISA judge Rosemary Colyer released a report that documented how the FBI and non FBI contractors were abusing the 702 system to perform political surveillance.

I don't view that as Dems vs Reps as much as I view it as a huge 4th amendment violation. The type of violation we were told would never happen.
You really need to get out of the conservative misinformation bubble.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:55 pm

That's what I've been trying to do. After the 2016 election, I swore off all mainstream media and looked for alternatives. My goal was to see if I could count on these alternatives to give me correct news.

It all hinges on whether Bill Barr prosecutes anyone for Obamagate, because it's been proven the Liberal side has been lying for the last four years, so that's all that is left to run its course.

If Barr does nothing, finding the truth is impossible unless it is your full time job, because I've looked for it.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

'Unmasking' probe pushed by Barr ends with no charges
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... s-n1243397
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:26 am

:lol:

Biden's new Chief of Staff.

He prolly meant to say that elections are only rigged when Donks lose.
He appears to be talking about the advantage of incumbency there. I doubt that he ever claimed a Presidential election was rigged as the Trump people are ridiculously claiming now.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

https://fox11online.com/news/beyond-the ... an-history
DHS agency: 'Nov. 3 election was most secure in American history'
“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too,”
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I heard two Georgia officials talk today about the Georgia recount. And now I'm wondering why the heck they are doing it.

In each case, the Georgia official involved said that there would be differences between the hand audit and the original count because the original count was done by machine and the hand audit would be done by humans so there would be human error. So they both basically said that a hand count would not be as reliable as a machine count.

The first guy even talked about how people might get sleepy and make mistakes and such.

So why the hell are they doing it? The second guy said they're doing it because some people don't trust the machines. But they BOTH said that the machine count is more reliable.

So, in the unlikely event that there was a big difference between the two, what the heck would they do? Going in they knew that the original machine count is more accurate. So they get a big difference. THEN what?
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:10 pm BTW, once again I expect that people will say the polls were way off and, once again, objective assessment will indicate that perception is exaggerated. If you look at the Real Clear Politics election even projections at https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... e_map.html you will see that they had 18 jurisdictions in the Biden column and 20 in the Trump column along with 14 in the "Toss Up" column.

All 18 they had in the Biden column were won by Biden. All 20 they had in the Trump column were won by Trump. Among the "Toss Up" states, Biden won 7, Trump won 4, and 3 are currently listed as too close to call (looks like Biden will win 2 and Trump 1).

The popular vote Real Clear Politics average of polling on election even had it at Biden by 7.2 percent and right now the margin is only 2.9. However, 11% of California's votes have not been counted yet and 26% of New York's votes have not been counted yet. So the final actual popular vote margin will get somewhat higher. Probably won't be 7.2 percent. But 7.2 percent probably won't be that far off when all the counting is done.

My impression is there was probably some bias in Biden's direction. Looking at a few things I think it likely Republican turnout was greater than anticipated. But it's not going to be that much. For the most part, if there was high confidence that one candidate or the other was going to win a State that candidate won the State.
I saw your boy Nate Silver at 538 had the national polling avg at Biden +8.4. So he was WAY off. But the national polling is irrelevant. All that matters is the swing states. 538 was also further off than the RCP at swing states (maybe because 538 excluded Trafalgar). If you remove Trafalgar from some of these RCP pre election averages, its looks even worse for the polls in that they would be 1 to 2 points even further off for Biden (like 538).
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:28 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:55 pm

That's what I've been trying to do. After the 2016 election, I swore off all mainstream media and looked for alternatives. My goal was to see if I could count on these alternatives to give me correct news.

It all hinges on whether Bill Barr prosecutes anyone for Obamagate, because it's been proven the Liberal side has been lying for the last four years, so that's all that is left to run its course.

If Barr does nothing, finding the truth is impossible unless it is your full time job, because I've looked for it.
Whatever you looked into is totally divorced from reality.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:10 pm BTW, once again I expect that people will say the polls were way off and, once again, objective assessment will indicate that perception is exaggerated. If you look at the Real Clear Politics election even projections at https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... e_map.html you will see that they had 18 jurisdictions in the Biden column and 20 in the Trump column along with 14 in the "Toss Up" column.

All 18 they had in the Biden column were won by Biden. All 20 they had in the Trump column were won by Trump. Among the "Toss Up" states, Biden won 7, Trump won 4, and 3 are currently listed as too close to call (looks like Biden will win 2 and Trump 1).

The popular vote Real Clear Politics average of polling on election even had it at Biden by 7.2 percent and right now the margin is only 2.9. However, 11% of California's votes have not been counted yet and 26% of New York's votes have not been counted yet. So the final actual popular vote margin will get somewhat higher. Probably won't be 7.2 percent. But 7.2 percent probably won't be that far off when all the counting is done.

My impression is there was probably some bias in Biden's direction. Looking at a few things I think it likely Republican turnout was greater than anticipated. But it's not going to be that much. For the most part, if there was high confidence that one candidate or the other was going to win a State that candidate won the State.
I saw your boy Nate Silver at 538 had the national polling avg at Biden +8.4. So he was WAY off. But the national polling is irrelevant. All that matters is the swing states. 538 was also further off than the RCP at swing states (maybe because 538 excluded Trafalgar). If you remove Trafalgar from some of these RCP pre election averages, its looks even worse for the polls in that they would be 1 to 2 points even further off for Biden (like 538).
I will wait until the results are completely in before taking a final look at it. But it's possible that when all is said and done, if you look at all of the States where Trafalgar did polling, that polling group did not do as well as you may think it did.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 pm I heard two Georgia officials talk today about the Georgia recount. And now I'm wondering why the heck they are doing it.

In each case, the Georgia official involved said that there would be differences between the hand audit and the original count because the original count was done by machine and the hand audit would be done by humans so there would be human error. So they both basically said that a hand count would not be as reliable as a machine count.

The first guy even talked about how people might get sleepy and make mistakes and such.

So why the hell are they doing it? The second guy said they're doing it because some people don't trust the machines. But they BOTH said that the machine count is more reliable.

So, in the unlikely event that there was a big difference between the two, what the heck would they do? Going in they knew that the original machine count is more accurate. So they get a big difference. THEN what?
Will the hand count have “glitches” that swap 6,000 votes from one candidate to the other?

The machine count is more accurate depending on what ballots are put in in the first place....if they only count legal ballots, the #’s could be very different.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:57 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Whatever you looked into is totally divorced from reality.
Once again. You're the one who watched the Covington Catholic video and said you saw no wrong doing by the Black Hebrew Israelites.

You, apparently have issues judging reality and reading context and people, so you have NO leg to stand on judging others bud.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.