Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:04 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm
I saw your boy Nate Silver at 538 had the national polling avg at Biden +8.4. So he was WAY off. But the national polling is irrelevant. All that matters is the swing states. 538 was also further off than the RCP at swing states (maybe because 538 excluded Trafalgar). If you remove Trafalgar from some of these RCP pre election averages, its looks even worse for the polls in that they would be 1 to 2 points even further off for Biden (like 538).
I will wait until the results are completely in before taking a final look at it. But it's possible that when all is said and done, if you look at all of the States where Trafalgar did polling, that polling group did not do as well as you may think it did.
The polling organizations acknowleged mistakes in 2016, and claimed they had made corrections/adjustments, yet they were worse.

The Senate races were even worse than Biden/Trump. Look at all these Fake News polls.

Maine
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6928.html
NC:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6908.html
Iowa:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7072.html
Michigan:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6964.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 pm I heard two Georgia officials talk today about the Georgia recount. And now I'm wondering why the heck they are doing it.

In each case, the Georgia official involved said that there would be differences between the hand audit and the original count because the original count was done by machine and the hand audit would be done by humans so there would be human error. So they both basically said that a hand count would not be as reliable as a machine count.

The first guy even talked about how people might get sleepy and make mistakes and such.

So why the hell are they doing it? The second guy said they're doing it because some people don't trust the machines. But they BOTH said that the machine count is more reliable.

So, in the unlikely event that there was a big difference between the two, what the heck would they do? Going in they knew that the original machine count is more accurate. So they get a big difference. THEN what?
You Leftists are psychotic. Just two short years ago you people were screaming for paper ballots because you didn't trust the machines, but now you're screaming how much more accurate the machines are.

You people are fucking nuts. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Just saw the President Lawyer argued in court that this isn’t about fraud or stealing an election.

But Langhofer diverted sharply on Thursday from his boss' messaging. "This is not a fraud case. We are not alleging fraud. We are not saying anyone is trying to steal the election," the lawyer said during the evidentiary hearing.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-campaign ... 7018?amp=1

I’m confused. I thought this WAS about fraud and stealing the election. Someone isn’t following the talking points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 pm I heard two Georgia officials talk today about the Georgia recount. And now I'm wondering why the heck they are doing it.

In each case, the Georgia official involved said that there would be differences between the hand audit and the original count because the original count was done by machine and the hand audit would be done by humans so there would be human error. So they both basically said that a hand count would not be as reliable as a machine count.

The first guy even talked about how people might get sleepy and make mistakes and such.

So why the hell are they doing it? The second guy said they're doing it because some people don't trust the machines. But they BOTH said that the machine count is more reliable.

So, in the unlikely event that there was a big difference between the two, what the heck would they do? Going in they knew that the original machine count is more accurate. So they get a big difference. THEN what?
You Leftists are psychotic. Just two short years ago you people were screaming for paper ballots because you didn't trust the machines, but now you're screaming how much more accurate the machines are.

That’s was 2016. Things change. Hypocrisy is post partisan.

I find it psychotic that people distrusts scientists, election experts, defense experts, cyber security experts and more BUT they’ll believe a known liar/reality tv star on everything because he’s the President. There’s a logically disconnect there.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm I saw your boy Nate Silver at 538 had the national polling avg at Biden +8.4. So he was WAY off. But the national polling is irrelevant. All that matters is the swing states. 538 was also further off than the RCP at swing states (maybe because 538 excluded Trafalgar). If you remove Trafalgar from some of these RCP pre election averages, its looks even worse for the polls in that they would be 1 to 2 points even further off for Biden (like 538).
Your boy Trafalgar did even worse at swing states. 538 missed 2.

Your boy missed MI, AZ, GA, NV, and PA and had the wrong guy winning.

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Lots of conk women won this election.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

For some reason using the court system for lawsuits is a threat to democracy but it's okay for a president elect to equivocate (with goading from congress and the media) on whether to expand SCOTUS and basically make it an arm of the senate.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:30 am
Or they’re not into representing crazy.

Shapiro? I see your transformation is now complete. :D
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

NC the MSM (looking at NBC now) showing Trump up 50% to 48.6%, 73k votes, showing 39+k expected remaining votes, but NC is still too close to call. :suspicious: Yet 3 states that are far closer % wise (AZ, WI, PA) they called WAY earlier. Obviously there’s 1 standard for calling states for Biden, and another for Trump..
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:30 am
Or they’re not into representing crazy.

If that were the issue they would have never taken the Trump case to begin with.

And Shapiro is a never Trumper who only supported Trump because the DNC went full Marxist retard.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 am Shapiro? I see your transformation is now complete. :D
He's far more logical and level headed than a vast majority of the talking heads on both sides. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 am Or they’re not into representing crazy.

If that were the issue they would have never taken the Trump case to begin with.

And Shapiro is a never Trumper who only supported Trump because the DNC went full Marxist retard.
Everyone has the right to contest an election. But when not having any evidence of wrong doing, a lawsuit must seem frivolous to the experts.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:34 am NC the MSM (looking at NBC now) showing Trump up 50% to 48.6%, 73k votes, showing 39+k expected remaining votes, but NC is still too close to call. :suspicious: Yet 3 states that are far closer % wise (AZ, WI, PA) they called WAY earlier. Obviously there’s 1 standard for calling states for Biden, and another for Trump..
Well, they finally called NC, led by the AP a couple of hours ago. And of course, all the MSM in collusion soon followed..
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:06 am Just saw the President Lawyer argued in court that this isn’t about fraud or stealing an election.

But Langhofer diverted sharply on Thursday from his boss' messaging. "This is not a fraud case. We are not alleging fraud. We are not saying anyone is trying to steal the election," the lawyer said during the evidentiary hearing.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-campaign ... 7018?amp=1

I’m confused. I thought this WAS about fraud and stealing the election. Someone isn’t following the talking points.

From my understanding, this is about illegal vs legal votes. Is it fair that standards of proof are lowered so much that a mail in ballot gets counted when it doesn't meet it's prerequisites versus a walk in voter?

An extreme example, but are votes deemed equal if one person simply scribbles on a piece of paper versus someone who shows up and is required to show ID?

Who scribbled on the paper? Was the person they claimed to be even alive? You lower that burden of proof and you have no way to determine who actually submitted the ballot. See what I'm getting at?

Claiming fraud rolls off the tongue better. Incites more anger!! Lol
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:10 am
Baldy wrote: You Leftists are psychotic. Just two short years ago you people were screaming for paper ballots because you didn't trust the machines, but now you're screaming how much more accurate the machines are.

That’s was 2016. Things change. Hypocrisy is post partisan.

I find it psychotic that people distrusts scientists, election experts, defense experts, cyber security experts and more BUT they’ll believe a known liar/reality tv star on everything because he’s the President. There’s a logically disconnect there.

No, it was in full force during the 2018 midterm elections. All I have to do is point you to the 2018 governor's race in Georgia. You know, the race that Stacy Abrams still hasn't conceded. Incessant screaming about paper ballots because they couldn't trust results from voting machines.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I have an idea. If you want to ferret out voter/ballot fraud, start offering $$$ rewards.
-$$$ Rewards for a tip that leads to the discovery of illegally cast vote(s). Maybe $500 per vote, or something like that.
-$$$ Rewards (at least 5 figure) for tips that lead to arrests and convictions for voter fraud.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:36 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm I saw your boy Nate Silver at 538 had the national polling avg at Biden +8.4. So he was WAY off. But the national polling is irrelevant. All that matters is the swing states. 538 was also further off than the RCP at swing states (maybe because 538 excluded Trafalgar). If you remove Trafalgar from some of these RCP pre election averages, its looks even worse for the polls in that they would be 1 to 2 points even further off for Biden (like 538).
Your boy Trafalgar did even worse at swing states. 538 missed 2.

Your boy missed MI, AZ, GA, NV, and PA and had the wrong guy winning.
So did Larry Sabato, and he is usually better than all of them.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

lulz

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:50 pm lulz

Just like Don, there’s always a tweet.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:23 pm
Baldy wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:50 pm lulz

Just like Don, there’s always a tweet.
Hell, aren't they still upholding "brave" Stacy Abrams and her stolen election?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:23 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:40 am

Its time to put up or shut up. :coffee:
Awesome! I anxiously await you putting up proof of Russian collusion and Putin's ownership of Trump.
none so blind as he who will not see....hold your water and soon you'll get Vladimir's first-hand account of his satifying relationship with the Donald.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 am
Awesome! I anxiously await you putting up proof of Russian collusion and Putin's ownership of Trump.
none so blind as he who will not see....hold your water and soon you'll get Vladimir's first-hand account of his satifying relationship with the Donald.
Funny, I feel the same way about pseudo-progressives like Bernie and AOChe who demonstrate little to no understanding of economics, human nature and diversity of ideas.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:30 am

Funny, I feel the same way about pseudo-progressives like Bernie and AOChe who demonstrate little to no understanding of economics, human nature and diversity of ideas.
I think AOC has a good understanding of human nature, like any good bartender. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

:flag: Chizzy answer!