Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:36 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 am

none so blind as he who will not see....hold your water and soon you'll get Vladimir's first-hand account of his satifying relationship with the Donald.
:flag: Chizzy answer!
Trump says he's going to release the unredacted Mueller report - be patient.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:34 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:30 am
Funny, I feel the same way about pseudo-progressives like Bernie and AOChe who demonstrate little to no understanding of economics, human nature and diversity of ideas.
I think AOC has a good understanding of human nature, like any good bartender. :coffee:
She seems arrogantly oblivious to the mindset of Donk voters in West Virginia, rural Virginia, etc. as well as the importance of holding those seats in order to have majorities in both houses of Congress. Does she want to self-righteously double down on her ideological positions or does she want to recognize and respect the diversity of the ideas within the Donk base and have a chance to actually get something done?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:26 am

I think AOC has a good understanding of human nature, like any good bartender. :coffee:
She seems arrogantly oblivious to the mindset of Donk voters in West Virginia, rural Virginia, etc. as well as the importance of holding those seats in order to have majorities in both houses of Congress. Does she want to self-righteously double down on her ideological positions or does she want to recognize and respect the diversity of the ideas within the Donk base and have a chance to actually get something done?
She struggles with majority concepts as well.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

You'd have to ask her about that but I don't see any sign that she's all that inflexible. She represents a new generation and they think different. And time is on her side. And the sooner this iteration of the DNC hits the rubbish heap the better.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:26 pm
You'd have to ask her about that but I don't see any sign that she's all that inflexible. She represents a new generation and they think different. And time is on her side. And the sooner this iteration of the DNC hits the rubbish heap the better.
Getting her hackles up over Manchin and moderate Dems shows she doesn't understand the thinking of voters in other districts and their importance to a Democratic majority. It's short-sighted and foolish. She thinks she's right and everyone else just needs to get on board or be left behind = arrogant & self-righteous.
Last edited by UNI88 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

You sound exactly like my oldest...and that’s a compliment.

:nod:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I heard a NPR piece today on the various Trump cult/Republican voter fraud claims. None of them have withstood scrutiny. But this one is particularly bad:

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/verif ... cce9f38409

That pretty much verifies what I heard on NPR. First of all, there was a clerical error by a REPUBLICAN election official who said in an NPR interview that she voted for Trump. The error caused votes to be added for Biden. When the error was caught >100,000 Biden votes were DELETED to correct the error.

So somebody posted screen shots in reverse order. What the change actually showed was Biden votes disappearing. But somebody reversed to order to make it look like Biden votes were added. I mean, how dishonest can you get?

Here are some other ones I checked on after hearing the NPR piece:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 149392002/
Trump ballots were not thrown out as claimed by fake poll worker
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/202 ... 202337002/
Georgia poll worker in hiding after being harassed over fake claims he trashed a ballot
They interviewed somebody from an organization that monitors internet misinformation. The lady said that not a single Trump cult/Republican voter fraud claim has been shown to be factual.

If you are a conservative you should be concerned about what has happened to the conservative movement. It is fundamentally, deeply dishonest right now.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:03 pm I heard a NPR piece today on the various Trump cult/Republican voter fraud claims. None of them have withstood scrutiny. But this one is particularly bad:

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/verif ... cce9f38409

That pretty much verifies what I heard on NPR. First of all, there was a clerical error by a REPUBLICAN election official who said in an NPR interview that she voted for Trump. The error caused votes to be added for Biden. When the error was caught >100,000 Biden votes were DELETED to correct the error.

So somebody posted screen shots in reverse order. What the change actually showed was Biden votes disappearing. But somebody reversed to order to make it look like Biden votes were added. I mean, how dishonest can you get?

Here are some other ones I checked on after hearing the NPR piece:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 149392002/
Trump ballots were not thrown out as claimed by fake poll worker
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/202 ... 202337002/
Georgia poll worker in hiding after being harassed over fake claims he trashed a ballot
They interviewed somebody from an organization that monitors internet misinformation. The lady said that not a single Trump cult/Republican voter fraud claim has been shown to be factual.

If you are a conservative you should be concerned about what has happened to the conservative movement. It is fundamentally, deeply dishonest right now.
The election crap is akin to the Russia probe the Democrats pushed and wasted 4 years on. Just hope the conservatives come to their senses and abandon this election fraud crap. Tired of 4 years worth of Democrat election fraud and tampering crap.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm I saw your boy Nate Silver at 538 had the national polling avg at Biden +8.4. So he was WAY off. But the national polling is irrelevant. All that matters is the swing states. 538 was also further off than the RCP at swing states (maybe because 538 excluded Trafalgar). If you remove Trafalgar from some of these RCP pre election averages, its looks even worse for the polls in that they would be 1 to 2 points even further off for Biden (like 538).
I just pulled up my recording of watching Smerconish interview the Trafalgar guy on the Saturday prior to the election. Trafalgar had Trump as favored. They had him with 275 electoral votes, Biden with 216 electoral votes, and four states (Nevada, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania) too close to call.

They had Trump winning Michigan, Arizona, and Georgia.

Silver had Biden as the favorite. Trafalgar had Trump as the favorite. Under ordinary circumstances, we would already be saying Silver was right and Trafalgar was wrong. Under ordinary circumstances, the candidate in Trump's shoes right now would already have conceded and e wouldn't be going through recounts and such. We certainly wouldn't have a situation where a candidate was trying to completely overturn results from various States when there is no evidence that anything untoward happened.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:13 pm

She struggles with ANY concept involving actual numbers.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:17 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm I saw your boy Nate Silver at 538 had the national polling avg at Biden +8.4. So he was WAY off. But the national polling is irrelevant. All that matters is the swing states. 538 was also further off than the RCP at swing states (maybe because 538 excluded Trafalgar). If you remove Trafalgar from some of these RCP pre election averages, its looks even worse for the polls in that they would be 1 to 2 points even further off for Biden (like 538).
I just pulled up my recording of watching Smerconish interview the Trafalgar guy on the Saturday prior to the election. Trafalgar had Trump as favored. They had him with 275 electoral votes, Biden with 216 electoral votes, and four states (Nevada, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania) too close to call.

They had Trump winning Michigan, Arizona, and Georgia.

Silver had Biden as the favorite. Trafalgar had Trump as the favorite. Under ordinary circumstances, we would already be saying Silver was right and Trafalgar was wrong. Under ordinary circumstances, the candidate in Trump's shoes right now would already have conceded and e wouldn't be going through recounts and such. We certainly wouldn't have a situation where a candidate was trying to completely overturn results from various States when there is no evidence that anything untoward happened.
Crazy that they had Minnesota too close to call. The Twin Cities will usually pull it out for the dems. I had no doubt in my mind Biden would win the state.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

On a virtual conference with James Carville and Mary Matalin this morning when Carville said that a lot of woke people need to take a nap ... :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:18 pm
SDHornet wrote:
If that were the issue they would have never taken the Trump case to begin with.

And Shapiro is a never Trumper who only supported Trump because the DNC went full Marxist retard.
Everyone has the right to contest an election. But when not having any evidence of wrong doing, a lawsuit must seem frivolous to the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. The courts will hash out any that may be frivolous and this will all work itself out.

The issue is still the recounts and the parlor games being played with the observers.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:37 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:13 pm

She struggles with ANY concept involving reality.
FYP :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:21 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:18 pm
Everyone has the right to contest an election. But when not having any evidence of wrong doing, a lawsuit must seem frivolous to the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. The courts will hash out any that may be frivolous and this will all work itself out.

The issue is still the recounts and the parlor games being played with the observers.
You're right. The observers issue will be dismissed. Mainly because you have hundreds of Republican observers saying they had no problems observing the count.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:59 pm

Getting her hackles up over Manchin and moderate Dems shows she doesn't understand the thinking of voters in other districts and their importance to a Democratic majority. It's short-sighted and foolish. She thinks she's right and everyone else just needs to get on board or be left behind = arrogant & self-righteous.
Bullshit. Its the moderates with their hackles up; tried to primary her and got dogwalked. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

bUt, iT wAs StAcEy aBrAmS... :lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:09 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:21 pm

You're right. The observers issue will be dismissed. Mainly because you have hundreds of Republican observers saying they had no problems observing the count.
And plenty of others saying they did. Courts will sort it out.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:31 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:09 am

Yup. Trump ( and Biden) should let their lawyers clear this up. Stay off the media and let the courts review the evidence, scrutinize it and make a decision.

Preferably, based on facts and evidence. Not trumped up charges and bogus allegations.
Spoiler: show
Pun intended. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Baldy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:12 am bUt, iT wAs StAcEy aBrAmS... :lol:

I thought it was because of voter fraud in Fulton Co. Are you telling me that isn't the case? :shock:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:49 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:31 am

Yup. Trump ( and Biden) should let their lawyers clear this up. Stay off the media and let the courts review the evidence, scrutinize it and make a decision.

Preferably, based on facts and evidence. Not trumped up charges and bogus allegations.
While you are wishing, mind asking for the winning Power Ball numbers? :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:15 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:49 am

:lol: I know it's naïve.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:17 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:15 am

:lol: I know it's naïve.
It is a good thought and I agree with it. :thumb: Just has about as much chance of happening as a snowball making it an hour in hell.