Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Educated Morons or Rednecks?

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:08 am Give me the "rednecks" any day of the week. Educated morons are still at the end of the day, a moron. I have had better (in depth) conversations with self-educated people (blue-collar/hillbillys/old school rednecks) than those with Ph D's. There is a big difference in being educated and having an education. :coffee:

That said, I go where the tannerite is. :D
That’s just because they make you feel smarter.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:08 am Give me the "rednecks" any day of the week. Educated morons are still at the end of the day, a moron. I have had better (in depth) conversations with self-educated people (blue-collar/hillbillys/old school rednecks) than those with Ph D's. There is a big difference in being educated and having an education. :coffee:

That said, I go where the tannerite is. :D
I lose more debates then I win. The beer probably doesn't help matters. :lol:

Always wind up learning something practical when I am at a redneck party. :nod:
Spoiler: show
Duct tape is really the force that binds the universe together. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:48 am
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 am

And love...also zip ties.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:48 am

Or are they called "cable ties"? :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:05 pm I have to act like I am dumber than I am
Not possible.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 am
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 am

Some people call brush hogs bush hogs too so go figure.

(I miss CID1990)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:29 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 am

Some people call brush hogs bush hogs too so go figure.

(I miss CID1990)
That's another one. :thumb:

Agree, him and Cleets were the reason I signed up for this board in the first place.

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:13 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:07 am

Specify which one you are, and then I'll decide. :kisswink:
Educated moron of course. Getting dumber by the day, thank you.
:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW the whole "educated moron" thing is a canard. It's something people who don't achieve what others achieve educationally say to make themselves feel better. The truth is that if somebody earns a Ph.D. they did something most people can't do. And that includes most people who say things like "educated moron."

It's just populist nonsense people use to try to diminish the fact that others accomplished something they did not accomplish. In the overwhelming majority of cases, it's populist nonsense people use to try to diminish the fact that others accomplished something they are not CAPABLE of accomplishing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:54 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:05 pm I honestly would prefer to hang with highly educated people. I find that when I hang with "rednecks" I have to withdraw, act stupid, ect. I can't get into meaningful conservations. I have to be careful to avoid getting into intellectual conservations. I have to act like I am dumber than I am to fit in and not be perceived as "uppity." That's the honest truth.

I do it, by the way. I tone down my vocabulary, etc. But I am more comfortable being with people such that I don't have to do that.
Lol.

Why am I NOT surprised? :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, I bet JSO would be a blast to hang out with .. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:17 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:03 am The title of this thread is all I need to know about Kalmy.
I hate you Andy!
:nod:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:00 pm BTW the whole "educated moron" thing is a canard. It's something people who don't achieve what others achieve educationally say to make themselves feel better. The truth is that if somebody earns a Ph.D. they did something most people can't do.
:rofl: You deliver.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:00 pm BTW the whole "educated moron" thing is a canard. It's something people who don't achieve what others achieve educationally say to make themselves feel better. The truth is that if somebody earns a Ph.D. they did something most people can't do. And that includes most people who say things like "educated moron."

It's just populist nonsense people use to try to diminish the fact that others accomplished something they did not accomplish. In the overwhelming majority of cases, it's populist nonsense people use to try to diminish the fact that others accomplished something they are not CAPABLE of accomplishing.
I see words typed but I have no clue what you said.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:00 pm BTW the whole "educated moron" thing is a canard. It's something people who don't achieve what others achieve educationally say to make themselves feel better. The truth is that if somebody earns a Ph.D. they did something most people can't do. And that includes most people who say things like "educated moron."

Was it so important to get that out that you had to repeat it three times in four sentences? :dunce: :dunce:

BTW, NOTHING you stated (not the first, second or third time) negates the fact that most PhD’s are assholes who think their shit doesn’t stink and think they are far superior to anyone else around them. First time a PhD who’s NOT a medical doctor tries to make me call them “Dr. Smith” or whatever, they get punched straight in the face.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Was it so important to get that out that you had to repeat it three times in four sentences? :dunce: :dunce:

BTW, NOTHING you stated (not the first, second or third time) negates the fact that most PhD’s are assholes who think their shit doesn’t stink and think they are far superior to anyone else around them. First time a PhD who’s NOT a medical doctor tries to make me call them “Dr. Smith” or whatever, they get punched straight in the face.
:lol: :lol:

My daughter is going to school to be a pharmacist and will get a doctor of pharmacy when she's done with school. She always jokes that she's going to be an arrogant asshole and make people call her doctor. :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

The overwhelming majority of PhDs I've worked with and known don't care if you call them "doctor" or not. But know that, depending on the field, a lot of them have accomplished a lot to get those PhDs. Like take somebody that has a PhD in mathematics and statistics. Most people who are medical doctors could never have gotten through the curriculum they had to get through to get that PhD. Same with a Physics PhD.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:15 pm

The overwhelming majority of PhDs I've worked with and known don't care if you call them "doctor" or not. But know that, depending on the field, a lot of them have accomplished a lot to get those PhDs. Like take somebody that has a PhD in mathematics and statistics. Most people who are medical doctors could never have gotten through the curriculum they had to get through to get that PhD. Same with a Physics PhD.
BS = Bull Shit
MS= More Shit
PhD = shit Piled Higher & Deeper

:-P
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:39 pm

BS = Bull Shit
MS= More Shit

BA = Bad Ass?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And those are the ones I’d least like to converse with. Typically have ZERO social skills, think their shit doesn’t stink, and are only comfortable in their little subject universe and unable to discuss cigars, women, or last night’s game.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BS = Bull Shit
MS= More Shit

:nod:

PhD = Professional Hole Digger, Potential Heavy Drinker, Piled High in Debt, Permanent Head Damage, Pull Him Down, Poor Helpless and Desperate, Professional Hair Dresser, Pizza Hut Dude

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

phpBB [video]
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:44 pm

BS = Bull Shit
MS= More Shit

BA = Bad Ass?
BA is the same as bullshit but with a couple language credits.

...speaking of college forgeign language, I wonder how many crotch fruit PFL has dropped?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

andy7171 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:14 pm college forgeign language
Swedish?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 pm

And those are the ones I’d least like to converse with. Typically have ZERO social skills, think their shit doesn’t stink, and are only comfortable in their little subject universe and unable to discuss cigars, women, or last night’s game.
That is completely contrary to my own experience.
Could I ever be a star?