UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:41 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:34 am
From all accounts, she's a dedicated, ethical public servant. The doxing, the attacks, the pressure on her is unnecessary. She's in an awful position.
Yup. Same goes for those that went after the Wayne County Board of Canvassers over certification.
Personal attacks and intimidation are wrong whether its done by Trumpsters or Antifakes. Let's try and hold everyone to a higher standard.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:33 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:41 am

Yup. Same goes for those that went after the Wayne County Board of Canvassers over certification.
Personal attacks and intimidation are wrong whether its done by Trumpsters or Antifakes. Let's try and hold everyone to a higher standard.
:thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Remember everyone, Texas is in play for donks. Team Brown throwing it down as well. :coffee:

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Now do Minnesota, which Conks were hoping would be in play.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:34 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 am Personal attacks on Emily Murphy at the GSA aren't necessary. :ohno:
From all accounts, she's a dedicated, ethical public servant. The doxing, the attacks, the pressure on her is unnecessary. She's in an awful position.
NO she is not. If she was, she would have started the transition already.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Joe Biden won the election, fair and square. What the GOP and Trump are trying to do is appalling, anti-American and undermining the faith in the election process.

ANY REAL PATRIOT would realize this and condemn the LIES from the GOP.

But you guys don't - you support the ANTI-AMERICAN activiteis of TRAITOR TRUMP.

Either you are an American, or you are a TRUMP cultist. No middle ground anymore.

Disgusting that anyone still supports this travesty.

Concede, realize that Trump got beat while other Republicans won, and move on from there. Any further stalling is hurting the country you claim to love.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

This is getting serious. At this point I don't understand how any of you people can continue to support the Republican Party. There is absolutely no doubt that Biden won the election. Now we have Trump trying to overturn the Will of the People and a major political party enabling and even supporting him. This is banana republic stuff and the Republican Party is 90% in on it.

I say "90%" because, thankfully, there are some Republicans like the Georgia Secretary of State not going along with it.

But stuff like those two Michigan Republican canvassers that want to withhold certification of Wayne County votes because there were 367 votes associated with issues in a State Biden won by over 157,000 votes and that level of issues is completely consistent with what always happens...that's corrupt.

Look, if you are a Republican...try winning by convincing people. Stop with the voter suppression. Stop with the false claims of widespread voter fraud. Stop with these kinds of games. Win by convincing the majority of The People to support you. Stop trying to win by trying to keep the will of the majority from being expressed.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:47 pm Remember everyone, Texas is in play for donks. Team Brown throwing it down as well. :coffee:

That's a very creative way to try to obscure the bottom line but the bottom line is that Trump won Texas by 9 percentage points in 2016 and by 5.5 percentage points in 2020. That is a narrowing of the margin.

There was a modest improvement among Latinos. Clinton beat Trump among that group by 61% to 34% while Biden won among them by 58% to 41%. But in the overall non White vote Clinton beat Trump by 66% to 29% while Biden beat him among that group by 67% to 31%. Pretty much the same.

Perhaps the biggest concern for Republicans is that, even though relative turnout created a situation where the non white percentage of the vote fell from 43% to 40%, Trump's margin fell by 3.5 percentage points. Whites voted for Trump by 69% to 26% last time. This time it was 66% to 33%.

It was an unusual situation too. I think the Trump cult really turned out. That's not going to happen for Republicans once the Dear Leader is no longer on the scene and those idiots are not as much of a factor. Texas continues to trend towards purple and, eventually, blue. It's going to happen.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:50 pm Joe Biden won the election, fair and square. What the GOP and Trump are trying to do is appalling, anti-American and undermining the faith in the election process.

Either you are an American, or you are a TRUMP cultist. No middle ground anymore.

Concede, realize that Trump got beat while other Republicans won, and move on from there. Any further stalling is hurting the country you claim to love.
Why are you afraid of counting all the votes and investigating? If Joe won, he should be calling for fair investigations. If Trump has nothing, he will go down in shame, yet you seem very afraid.

You're disenfranchising millions.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:50 pm Joe Biden won the election, fair and square. What the GOP and Trump are trying to do is appalling, anti-American and undermining the faith in the election process.

I see you’re living the Biden “peace and unity” theme to the fullest. Well done, Jon. :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:02 pm This is getting serious. At this point I don't understand how any of you people can continue to support the Republican Party. There is absolutely no doubt that Biden won the election. Now we have Trump trying to overturn the Will of the People and a major political party enabling and even supporting him. This is banana republic stuff and the Republican Party is 90% in on it.

I say "90%" because, thankfully, there are some Republicans like the Georgia Secretary of State not going along with it.

But stuff like those two Michigan Republican canvassers that want to withhold certification of Wayne County votes because there were 367 votes associated with issues in a State Biden won by over 157,000 votes and that level of issues is completely consistent with what always happens...that's corrupt.

Look, if you are a Republican...try winning by convincing people. Stop with the voter suppression. Stop with the false claims of widespread voter fraud. Stop with these kinds of games. Win by convincing the majority of The People to support you. Stop trying to win by trying to keep the will of the majority from being expressed.
:rofl: :rofl: hey psssssttt....guess what the Dems did in 2016? :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:23 pm

Why are you afraid of counting all the votes and investigating? If Joe won, he should be calling for fair investigations. If Trump has nothing, he will go down in shame, yet you seem very afraid.

You're disenfranchising millions.
That's not what's happening. At this point Trump has realized that Biden won the vote and he's trying to throw sand in the gears so he can do something like get Republican legislatures pick electors or throw the election to the House of Representatives.

There is absolutely no doubt at this point that Biden won the election.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:16 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:02 pm This is getting serious. At this point I don't understand how any of you people can continue to support the Republican Party. There is absolutely no doubt that Biden won the election. Now we have Trump trying to overturn the Will of the People and a major political party enabling and even supporting him. This is banana republic stuff and the Republican Party is 90% in on it.

Nothing like that. Hillary Clinton conceded on election night. Nobody tried to keep any State from certifying ballots. I don't even know what the hell you are talking about.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

On Texas as an aside:

What the Dems need to do in that State is find a way to get non Whites to turn out better. This time 60% of votes were cast by non hispanic Whites and 40% were cast by others. But, according to current Census estimates, only 41% of the Texas population is non hispanic White. I'm sure that some of the discrepancy is due to whether people are eligible to vote or not. But I have got to believe that, if 59% of the State's population is non White, somewhat more than 40% of people eligible to vote are non White.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:01 pm

Nothing like that. Hillary Clinton conceded on election night. Nobody tried to keep any State from certifying ballots. I don't even know what the hell you are talking about.
Of course you don't. You never venture out of your echo chamber.

The Democrats for four years said that Trump won the 2016 election due to fraud and the Russians. They used that horseshit to try and delegitimize the election and oppose him at every turn.

A four year tantrum and you can't give Trump the opportunity to prove fraud was committed in this election.

Like I said, if the proof is so strong, why isn't Biden nailing this one home and asking for all fraud accusations to be checked out?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

:lol:

What do you expect the Georgia Secretary of State to say? His entire ass, career, reputation, and future is on the line here. He was responsible for the state of Georgia's transition to an entirely new election system during the last two years. Do you really expect him to admit that they pretty much fucked the entire process up? :dunce:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:01 pm
Let's focus only on concession because it fits your argument and ignores that:
1) Hillary continues to blame her loss on spurious claims of Russian collusion.
2) Pelosi tried to legitimize those spurious claims by impeaching Trump.
3) Hillary Clinton demonstrates her bitterness by saying that Biden should not concede the election "under any circumstances".
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Last edited by Ibanez on Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Instead there was a self-styled 'elite strike-force team working on behalf of the president' who outlined a conspiracy which wove together Hugo Chavez; China; Venezuela; Cuba; the Clinton Foundation; George Soros; testimony found 'on the internet'; ballots which arrived in trucks; New Jersey voters who crossed the Camden; 'hack' judges; vote counters in Germany and Spain; Democratic political machines just like Mayor Daley in the 1960s; the 'fake news media'; and Joe Biden.

The strike-force team's other leader, Jenna Ellis, bristled at the demand for actual evidence, saying: 'Your question is fundamentally flawed when you're asking where is the evidence.'

At the end she claimed that Rudy Giuliani and another lawyer - Sidney Powell - had 'released the Kraken,' a mythical sea creature which destroys ships.

The press conference was announced by Donald Trump and praised by him as it went on in a tweet: 'An open and shut case of voter fraud. Massive numbers!'

As the two-hour long spectacle unfolded, two streaks of brown dye rolled inexorably down 76-year-old Giuliani's face, apparently unnoticed by the former mayor and presidential candidate, who wiped his face and forehead repeatedly with a white handkerchief.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rence.html

This is all totally normal.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:46 am Image
Instead there was a self-styled 'elite strike-force team working on behalf of the president' who outlined a conspiracy which wove together Hugo Chavez; China; Venezuela; Cuba; the Clinton Foundation; George Soros; testimony found 'on the internet'; ballots which arrived in trucks; New Jersey voters who crossed the Camden; 'hack' judges; vote counters in Germany and Spain; Democratic political machines just like Mayor Daley in the 1960s; the 'fake news media'; and Joe Biden.

The strike-force team's other leader, Jenna Ellis, bristled at the demand for actual evidence, saying: 'Your question is fundamentally flawed when you're asking where is the evidence.'

At the end she claimed that Rudy Giuliani and another lawyer - Sidney Powell - had 'released the Kraken,' a mythical sea creature which destroys ships.

The press conference was announced by Donald Trump and praised by him as it went on in a tweet: 'An open and shut case of voter fraud. Massive numbers!'

As the two-hour long spectacle unfolded, two streaks of brown dye rolled inexorably down 76-year-old Giuliani's face, apparently unnoticed by the former mayor and presidential candidate, who wiped his face and forehead repeatedly with a white handkerchief.

The gig is up. Lets fix the few things that were found in some areas and move on. (Not that I think Trump will do that.)

I am eagerly awaiting what is going to happen to the Dems without the rallying cry of "Orange Man Bad" and how Pelosi is going to handle the different factions of the party. :popcorn:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

It’s exactly what Gore and Stacey Abraham’s did. Trump just does it better.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:30 am

The gig is up. Lets fix the few things that were found in some areas and move on. (Not that I think Trump will do that.)

I am eagerly awaiting what is going to happen to the Dems without the rallying cry of "Orange Man Bad" and how Pelosi is going to handle the different factions of the party. :popcorn:
I'm waiting for the media collapse without a Trump boogeyman story to write everyday.

Wish I could find the video, but it's what newsrooms are going to be like without Trump. Was pretty funny.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:18 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:30 am

I'm waiting for the media collapse without a Trump boogeyman story to write everyday.

Wish I could find the video, but it's what newsrooms are going to be like without Trump. Was pretty funny.
Collapse is a bit over dramatic. I mean it is going to take quite a bit of time and people to spin what is happening under Biden into all sunshine and roses. I am really interested in how they spin his next war aka conflict.

Plus, there is still the Republican party to demonize and make fun of.

In full disclosure in looking back I am happy that Biden won as I think it is going to tear the Democratic party apart and when they do go heavy handed (because nothing in the past couple of decades has shown me that they will not) they will wind up losing midterms and quite possibly the 2024 elections. In the long run breaking up the parties into smaller groups is much more beneficial to the American people than two big parties that are filled with groups that have very little in common outside of a dislike of the other side. Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong, I guess we will see. :)
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

I knew that Texas map would trigger JSO. :lol: 8-)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:13 am I knew that Texas map would trigger JSO. :lol: 8-)
Good thing you practice catch and release. :nod: