Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:36 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:51 am

Are you accusing me of bluster on a small-time football chat board!? My seconds will call, Sir!
I thought you only get one second. Wouldn't the additional guys be like thirds and fourths? I don't know, they presented it very differently in "Hamilton". :coffee:
I don't know how that works - but I heard it said in a movie
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:35 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:31 am

:lol: Nah. You're not worth any angst.
Thats good, bro. I'd hate think you're angst-ridden when it's Morning in America for everybody else. :coffee:
Libs do have a lot of hate think.

Honestly, the worst part about Biden winning are all the moronic liberal friends I have gloating on social media about how unifying this election was. :rofl:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

89Hen wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:42 am

Thats good, bro. I'd hate think you're angst-ridden when it's Morning in America for everybody else. :coffee:

Honestly, the worst part about Biden winning are all the moronic liberal friends I have gloating on social media about how unifying this election was. :rofl:
:rofl:

How 'bout that Trump Train? :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

The only way this election is unifying is if Biden is able to work with McConnell and actually gets stuff done with some kind of consensus. Otherwise it' will continue to be one side trying to push through its partisan agenda while the other side obstructs.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:01 am

The only way this election is unifying is if Biden is able to work with McConnell and actually gets stuff done with some kind of consensus. Otherwise it' will continue to be one side trying to push through its partisan agenda while the other side obstructs.
That's what I appreciates about you '88, ever the optimist. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

The Trump gloating/libs whining would of been just as bad. Granted it would of been more satisfying from a personal standing but both sides are a mirror of each other now in this area.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:33 am The Trump gloating/libs whining would of been just as bad. Granted it would of been more satisfying from a personal standing but both sides are a mirror of each other now in this area.
For sure, I don't disagree. But I can tell you that because of where I live and my client base, there would be exactly ZERO gloating from me on social media.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:33 am The Trump gloating/libs whining would of been just as bad. Granted it would of been more satisfying from a personal standing but both sides are a mirror of each other now in this area.
For sure, I don't disagree. But I can tell you that because of where I live and my client base, there would be exactly ZERO gloating from me on social media.
:thumb:

Same on my end for a variety of the same reasons. I keep my social media accounts as free of politics as I possible can and pretty much only post things that are generic to everyday life (This site is an exception so far and that might be changing here in the future as well). People have no sense of humor anymore and the constant bickering just gets old after awhile. Life is more than who voted for what and people have forgotten that. Have a couple of "friends" that I have known for over 10 years that I know if I made one comment about what is currently going on, I would get blocked. They are as pig headed as the side they think they are making fun of.

Life is too short to put up with that type of rancor/bitterness and rubbing peoples faces in it only makes the payback escalate later on. It is like we are at 3rd grade recess and playground rules apply. :ohno:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:29 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:01 am
That's what I appreciates about you '88, ever the optimist. :thumb:
Gridlock is good!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

:nod:
Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:20 am I keep my social media accounts as free of politics as I possible can and pretty much only post things that are generic to everyday life (This site is an exception so far and that might be changing here in the future as well). People have no sense of humor anymore and the constant bickering just gets old after awhile. Life is more than who voted for what and people have forgotten that. Have a couple of "friends" that I have known for over 10 years that I know if I made one comment about what is currently going on, I would get blocked. They are as pig headed as the side they think they are making fun of.

Life is too short to put up with that type of rancor/bitterness and rubbing peoples faces in it only makes the payback escalate later on. It is like we are at 3rd grade recess and playground rules apply. :ohno:
I hope this site doesn't change. It is a great outlet where you can express your opinion, strengthen your ideas and catch a lot of crap when you're wrong. It's an exception to the echo chambers and social media sites where people will unfriend you because of a difference of opinion.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:20 am I keep my social media accounts as free of politics as I possible can and pretty much only post things that are generic to everyday life
You mean like a normal person. Posting politics on FB, Instagram, etc... is just moronic. If you're a decent person, half of your friends will agree and half will not.

When Jill Biden spoke on TV from my HS I posted it on FB and said "All politics aside, pretty cool to have your HS as the setting..." and I actually had dumb ass liberal friends make comments about putting politics aside and try to make a political statement so I jettisoned them. Some people are just incapable of leaving it out of the conversation. I feel bad for them. :ohno:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 am
I hope this site doesn't change. It is a great outlet where you can express your opinion, strengthen your ideas and catch a lot of crap when you're wrong. It's an exception to the echo chambers and social media sites where people will unfriend you because of a difference of opinion.
Same but nothing stays the same and everybody is at different points in their careers/life. One has to weigh the risk vs. benefits as with any choice in life.

My situation is probably a bit unique due to my job and the role I have (and becoming more involved in) but will see what the future brings. :thumb:

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:31 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:20 am I keep my social media accounts as free of politics as I possible can and pretty much only post things that are generic to everyday life
You mean like a normal person. Posting politics on FB, Instagram, etc... is just moronic. If you're a decent person, half of your friends will agree and half will not.

When Jill Biden spoke on TV from my HS I posted it on FB and said "All politics aside, pretty cool to have your HS as the setting..." and I actually had dumb ass liberal friends make comments about putting politics aside and try to make a political statement so I jettisoned them. Some people are just incapable of leaving it out of the conversation. I feel bad for them. :ohno:
Sad to think that what was once normal is now abnormal when it comes being polite.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Some people are too stupid for words. I rarely post anything political on FB. I occasionally respond but I try to steer clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Hey Fuckers. The ass kissing, back slapping thread is that way --->

This thread is for gloating over Jelly's glorious fail.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:39 pm Hey Fuckers. The ass kissing, back slapping thread is that way --->

This thread is for gloating over Jelly's glorious fail.
Yeah, I remember when Skelly was convinced we were just about to see the lid come off and all the ties between Trump and the Russian intelligence service were about to be revealed, with multiple witnesses being "turned" and charges coming against anyone and everyone. I think it was on pages 1 through 200 or so in this thread. Never really found anything, though, imagine that. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Well, we did get that. It was just determined it wasn't sufficient enough to charge a crime.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:18 am Well, we did get that. It was just determined it wasn't sufficient enough to charge a crime.
You’re nothing if not persistent. I’ll give you that. :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:18 am Well, we did get that. It was just determined it wasn't sufficient enough to charge a crime.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Deep breath

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

the only reason he wasn't charged with obstructing justice was because he's a sitting President. In a couple of months he won't be a sitting President anymore
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

PARDONED :nod: :clap:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:28 pm the only reason he wasn't charged with obstructing justice was because he's a sitting President. In a couple of months he won't be a sitting President anymore
Obstructing justice! :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:PARDONED :nod: :clap:
Anyone shocked by this?

So much for law and order....

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:10 pm
BDKJMU wrote:PARDONED :nod: :clap:
Anyone shocked by this?

So much for law and order....

Jelly, with law and order there would never have been a need to pardon Flynn, as he never would have been charged with anything..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Carter Page files $75M lawsuit against DOJ, FBI alleging 'unlawful surveillance'
https://washingtontimes.com/news/2020/n ... -fbi-alle/