SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Disgraceful

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:48 am
SDHornet wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:34 am

Nope, but we can can compare. And we all know Trump would not have bungled the Afghanistan withdrawal nearly as bad as Biden* has. :coffee:
Based on the crappy deal that Trump negotiated with the Taliban I don't think that can be said with certainty. Biden has definitely fvcked this up but there is no guarantee that Trump wouldn't have fvcked it up just as badly. If he had Trump would be going apesh!t right now blaming and firing other people while taking ZERO responsibility.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Trump's track record on using force when needed doesn't align with how the situation has been handled under Biden*.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:01 pm How many believe we magically were able to identify and take out the planner of the suicide bombing attacks within 36 hours?
Looking like one of the drone strikes took out an interpreter that worked with US troops and his family. It just got even worse for the Biden* admin. Have to wonder if they were getting "intel" from the Taliban on the planner of the bombing and gave him somebody on their hit list instead.

This administration continues to fail spectacularly.
Last edited by SDHornet on Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Hundreds of students, their relatives and staff of American University of Afghanistan gathered at a safe house on Sunday and boarded buses in what was supposed to be a final attempt at evacuation on U.S. military flights, the students said.

But after seven hours of waiting for clearance to enter the airport gates and driving around the city, the group met a dead end: Evacuations were permanently called off. The airport gates remained a security threat, and civilian evacuations were ending Monday.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/29/worl ... istan.html
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:22 pm
I don’t think anyone is a saint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, except ME, right?

RIGHT????
:kisswink: Well, obviously. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CitadelGrad wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:43 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:19 pm
No. Obama was an arrogant political neophyte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most sociopaths are arrogant. It's unbelievable that you think he was a political neophyte. That sketchy fuck was being groomed for the presidency for years before the general public had even heard of him.
Obama was in national politics for 4 years before he ran for POTUS. I realize he was in the Illinois Senate before that, but on a national stage he was new. After 4 years, you're still looking for toner.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:34 am
CitadelGrad wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Most sociopaths are arrogant. It's unbelievable that you think he was a political neophyte. That sketchy fuck was being groomed for the presidency for years before the general public had even heard of him.
Obama was in national politics for 4 years before he ran for POTUS. I realize he was in the Illinois Senate before that, but on a national stage he was new. After 4 years, you're still looking for toner.
After 60 years, Obama is still looking for toner. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:21 am
I see what you did there. :lol:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:21 am
:lol: :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Baldy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:29 am
At this point, anything Biden does is going to be heavily scripted - he's not really capable of extended independent thought anymore. It's a shame to see such a mental decline happen right in front of us, but it is. He was a cognitive health risk coming into the election and the job is just taking a toll on him, and the nation as a result, every day it goes on. There has to be serious conversations going on right now behind the scenes on what is the best political option for when to push the trigger on this and 25th him.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Stupid Question - is the deadline August 31, 2021 in America or August 31, 2021 in Afghanistan? They're 8 1/2 hours ahead of EST. Does it matter?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:34 am Stupid Question - is the deadline August 31, 2021 in America or August 31, 2021 in Afghanistan? They're 8 1/2 hours ahead of EST. Does it matter?
Imagine asking that question to Joe Biden right now - you might cause his brain to completely implode just trying to process that. :ohno:

I imagine it's Afghanistan-time.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:37 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:34 am Stupid Question - is the deadline August 31, 2021 in America or August 31, 2021 in Afghanistan? They're 8 1/2 hours ahead of EST. Does it matter?
Imagine asking that question to Joe Biden right now - you might cause his brain to completely implode just trying to process that. :ohno:

I imagine it's Afghanistan-time.
I would imagine it's Afghan-time.

I have zero confidence that Joe is aware of the time in Washington right now.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 pm
We couldn't find pilots to fly the aircraft out? Aren't they owned/operated by squadrons?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:57 am
We couldn't find pilots to fly the aircraft out? Aren't they owned/operated by squadrons?
Were they told to leave them for the Afghan national forces?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:59 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:57 am

Were they told to leave them for the Afghan national forces?
That's the underreported part of this disaster - everyone knew the Afghan forces were crumbling. It wouldn't have taken much, like AZ said, to fly out the things you could fly out, and to destroy a lot of things you couldn't. It's bad enough we're leaving thousands of American citizens and tens of thousands of friendly Afghans who helped us behind (and heck, we just bombed one of their houses so that's not looking good either), but to leave this arsenal behind too is embarrassing beyond belief. Biden rightfully deserves a ton of blame, but who's advising him deserves it too.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Now the most well equipped terrorist group in the world courtesy of the US Govt

And anytone thw left push’s for banning black and scary looking modern sporting rifles (the ones they like to call ‘assault weapons’) all one has to do is point out the above.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:12 am

And anytone thw left push’s for banning black and scary looking modern sporting rifles (the ones they like to call ‘assault weapons’) all one has to do is point out the above.
I've always thought that was the dumbest part of the left's gun control issue...weapons that look military but that's all. Every time i'm around a lefty friend that brings it up, it's obvious they are just taking talking points and don't know what they're talking about - and hate it when I pull the facts out.

You gun guys can correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the rate of fire of an AR-15, a semi-automatic, something like 45 rounds/minute?

The M16, an automatic, is something like 750. The M4 is similar.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:05 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:12 am

I've always thought that was the dumbest part of the left's gun control issue...weapons that look military but that's all. Every time i'm around a lefty friend that brings it up, it's obvious they are just taking talking points and don't know what they're talking about - and hate it when I pull the facts out.

You gun guys can correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the rate of fire of an AR-15, a semi-automatic, something like 45 rounds/minute?

Really a question for 93 or Alpha, but I’ll attempt to answer (I’m probably wrong on some of it):
Semi auto: 45 rounds oer minute
Burst: 90 rounds ler minute
Full auto 700-800 rounds per minute depending on source

M16 A1: Army carried from Nam to mid 80s, and by Nat Guard mid 80s-mid 90s, has a selector switch for Safe/Semi/Full Auto. My guard unit was just transitioning out of these when I got in in 95’, and I don’t recall ever shooting the A1 in basic/AIT at Benning or in the Guard.

M16 A2: Army carried from mid 80s-mid 90s, and by Nat Guard mid 90s-mid 2000s, on selector switch 3 round burst replaced full auto. I don’t know what other differences from the A1 besides burst vs full auto, and different handguards. What I carried in the Nat Guard.

M16 A3: M16 A2 with full auto.

M16 A4: Back to burst, but unlike the A2, has a Picatinny rail for optics and all that high speed tactical shit. So no carrying handle & iron sites. But unlike the M4, still the 20” barrell and solid stock. I know the Marines were carrying this after the Army went to the M4 Carbine. Don’t know if still are.

M4 Carbine: Army went to in mid 90s, Guard/Reserves sometime early/mid 00s. 16” barrell as opposed to 20” on M16. Collapsable as opposed to solid stock. Instead of classic handguards, Picatinny rail for optics and all that high speed tactical shit. Like the A2, selector switch Safe/Semi/Burst.

M4A1: M4 but full auto instead of burst.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Well, apparently we didn’t spend enough in Afganistan, because Congress had already alotted even more military aid to the Afghanis:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/af ... g-congress
:ohno:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

This is pretty impressive:

www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-u ... nd-afghans

Summary is Ukraineans get Afghans out after the US and Canadians fail and the Canadians ask Ukraine for help. Their special forces basically went into the city, got 19 people, and convoyed out.

Not that the US and Canadian efforts (among other nations) hasn't been Herculean. It's just that it was an IDGAF move by a smaller player in the allied evacuations. Nice job.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:53 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:05 am

Really a question for 93 or Alpha, but I’ll attempt to answer (I’m probably wrong on some of it):

M16 A1: Army carried from Nam to mid 80s, and by Nat Guard mid 80s-mid 90s, has a selector switch for Safe/Semi/Full Auto. My guard unit was just transitioning out of these when I got in in 95’, and I don’t recall ever shooting the A1 in basic/AIT at Benning or in the Guard.

M16 A2: Army carried from mid 80s-mid 90s, and by Nat Guard mid 90s-mid 2000s, on selector switch 3 round burst replaced full auto. I don’t know what other differences from the A1 besides burst vs full auto, and different handguards. What I carried in the Nat Guard.

M16 A4: Back to burst, but unlike the A2, has a Picatinny rail for optics and all that high speed tactical shit. So no carrying handle & iron sites. But unlike the M4, still the 20” barrell and solid stock. I know the Marines were carrying this after the Army went to the M4 Carbine. Don’t know if still are.

M4 Carbine: Army went to in mid 90s, Guard/Reserves sometime early/mid 00s. 16” barrell as opposed to 20” on M16. Collapsable as opposed to solid stock. Instead of classic handguards, Picatinny rail for optics and all that high speed tactical shit. Like the A2, selector switch Safe/Semi/Burst.

:thumb: :thumb: The operative word there is "full auto", which the AR15 isn't capable of, correct?

I've shot the M4A1 while doing testing for Homeland Security...I had all the warnings and preparation about the recoil and it still was a lot of power. I :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:44 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:53 am

:thumb: :thumb: The operative word there is "full auto", which the AR15 isn't capable of, correct?

I've shot the M4A1 while doing testing for Homeland Security...I had all the warnings and preparation about the recoil and it still was a lot of power. I :lol:
:suspicious: Someone was warning and prepping you about recoil?. The .223/5.56 isn’t a very powerful round, and the M16/M4/AR isn’t considered by gun people to be a high powered rifle.