NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

The Redskins sign a new kicker, Chris Blewitt. The headlines just write themselves.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:10 am The Redskins sign a new kicker, Chris Blewitt. The headlines just write themselves.
:rofl:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:04 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:04 pm
Mahomez haz already reworked hiz contract becauze he pioritisez winning juzt like Brady. Haz Rogerz ever reworked hiz contract to give the Packerz more flexility to zign free agentz? Or haz he only done it zo he can become a free agent fazter? :coffee:
I'm fine with A-Rod. Other teams would love to have the record the Packers have with Rodgers, aka Da Bearz, Vikings, and Lionz.
A-Rod?

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:18 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:04 am

I'm fine with A-Rod. Other teams would love to have the record the Packers have with Rodgers, aka Da Bearz, Vikings, and Lionz.
A-Roid?
FIFY
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Mayfield is out this week with his labrum issue. Case Keenum will start in his place against Denver.

https://www.aol.com/breaking-browns-ann ... 04707.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:43 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:18 am
A-Roid?
FIFY
True, A-Rod = A-Roid.

Despite his ties to Ryan Braun, I don't think Rodgers is on roids so let's just call him Aa-Ron.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:59 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:43 am

FIFY
True, A-Rod = A-Roid.

Despite his ties to Ryan Braun, I don't think Rodgers is on roids so let's just call him Aa-Ron.
Aaron Rodgers was on Olivia Munn or Danica Patrick at one time or another.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:13 pm Image
Good one :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Carson Wentz was named the Pro Football Focus Offensive Player of the Week,

Post by Gil Dobie »

Carson Wentz was named the Pro Football Focus Offensive Player of the Week,
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Just keep that bust healthy. 75% of the snaps, please.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I got invited to Bengals at Ravens on Sunday by a friend who's a STH. One of my favorite NFL stadiums. Real grass, perfectly symmetrical, good griity northeast fans who care and don't give a fuck about your feelings.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Another reason why a Watson-to-Miami trade (particularly for the price being bandied about: Tua Tagovailoa) would be a supremely stupid move....

https://www.aol.com/nfl-insider-telling ... 16729.html

dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Shady Brady has 602 CAREER TOUCHDOWN PASSES I called WFAN(NY) Sports Radio to ask who among these young QBs could eventually overtake him 20 yrs down the road.I still think Rodgers could do it right now!!!!!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Another kid from 89Jr's HS making good...

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

93henfan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:56 am I got invited to Bengals at Ravens on Sunday by a friend who's a STH. One of my favorite NFL stadiums. Real grass, perfectly symmetrical, good griity northeast fans who care and don't give a fuck about your feelings.
Thank God the tailgate for this one was killer, because the game was one of the worst I've ever watched in my life. Hell, the UD loss to JMU on Saturday was more entertaining. The Ravens stumbled out of the gate and only got worse as the game went on. In Philadelphia, this is the kind of game where Eagles fans would be fighting other Eagles fans by the third quarter just to make some entertainment. Ravens fans were a bit more tame.

Anyway, two days, two cities, two tailgates, a whole lot of vodka, rum, and bourbon, and the liver is still functioning.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Saw some crazy stat on the Eagles. In the past 5 games, they've had 4 QB's pass for better than 80% completion rate in each of those 4 games. To put it in perspective, the most 80% completion games any defense in NFL history has given up in a season is 5. So the Eagles, not even halfway through the season, are close to setting an NFL record, and then smashing it, for completion % allowed.

The Eagles almost exclusively utilize a two deep cover zone. Safeties are routinely 15-25 yards off the line of scrimmage and start back at the snap, and they don't send any pressure other than the front four. The idea is not to give up a big play over the top. However, they keep doing this, even in the red zone. I've seen the safeties, on a goal line play even at the 1, line up 8-9 yards deep in the end zone. Normally they are able to get to the running back just after they've scored the touchdown. It's truly remarkable, it's like a bend and break defense. It's taken passivity to a whole new level. Eagles are a 3 point road favorite at Detroit this weekend. I'm not a betting man, but that line is screaming for Detroit to get off the schnide and break into the win column for the first time this year.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ganny, Ray Didinger says “Lions will win. Book it!”

I agree.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:08 am Ganny, Ray Didinger says “Lions will win. Book it!”

I agree.
How could opposing offensive coordinators not be licking their chops to play the Eagles. They literally allow huge chunks of space between the LB's and the DB's - Derek Carr was 30 of 33 on Sunday. I think I could be at least a 50% completion passer throwing against the Eagles. And with the safeties pretty much out of the play the most the Eagles ever put in the box is 7, and sometimes it's just 6, so running the ball is pretty easy too. Detroit hasn't been terrible offensively this year, so look for them to move the ball at will against the Eagles on Sunday. The Eagles don't make changes or corrections at all so they'll be in the same ultra-deep cover 2 all day. :roll:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

On the bright side, though, a Lions win means that it give Miami a chance to work for a better pick for the Eagles in next years draft. Eagles could end up with the #1 or #2 pick via Miami. Of course, Howie will blow the pick, but we'll have the hopeful 3 month window between the end of the year and the draft to pretend maybe he won't blow it.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:15 amOf course, Howie will blow the pick, but we'll have the hopeful 3 month window between the end of the year and the draft to pretend maybe he won't blow it.
The definition of insanity… :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Holy crap, this is almost up there with Iverson's "Practice" monologue. No way Sirianni can last through the season. Bet heavy on the Lions this week.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... r-his-team
“There’s gotta be a message that I have to keep everybody together and to keep everybody sticking to what we really want to do,” Sirianni said. “This is what I said to the team today, I said the results aren’t there right now but what’s going on here is that there’s growth under the soil.

“I put a picture of a flower up, and it's coming through the ground and the roots are growing out and the roots are continuing to grow out, and everybody wants to see results. Shoot, nobody wants to see results more than us. We want to see results too, but it’s really important that the foundation is being built and that the roots are growing out, and the only way the roots grow out every single day and they grow stronger and they grow better is if we all water, we all fertilize, we all do our part, each individual coach, each individual player, each everybody in the building that we do our part to water to make sure that when it does pop out it really pops out it really pops out and it grows.
“We are going through tough times and everybody wants to see results but just keep doing what we’re doing, keep watering. Look at yourself first and know, ‘Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?’ So when it’s time to pop it’ll pop.”
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:36 am Holy crap, this is almost up there with Iverson's "Practice" monologue. No way Sirianni can last through the season. Bet heavy on the Lions this week.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... r-his-team
“There’s gotta be a message that I have to keep everybody together and to keep everybody sticking to what we really want to do,” Sirianni said. “This is what I said to the team today, I said the results aren’t there right now but what’s going on here is that there’s growth under the soil.

“I put a picture of a flower up, and it's coming through the ground and the roots are growing out and the roots are continuing to grow out, and everybody wants to see results. Shoot, nobody wants to see results more than us. We want to see results too, but it’s really important that the foundation is being built and that the roots are growing out, and the only way the roots grow out every single day and they grow stronger and they grow better is if we all water, we all fertilize, we all do our part, each individual coach, each individual player, each everybody in the building that we do our part to water to make sure that when it does pop out it really pops out it really pops out and it grows.
“We are going through tough times and everybody wants to see results but just keep doing what we’re doing, keep watering. Look at yourself first and know, ‘Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?’ So when it’s time to pop it’ll pop.”
Sounds like a scene from the football version of This Is Spinal Tap.

Holy shit. :rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Carson Wentz
Team: Indianapolis Colts (#2)
NFL Season: 6th
Week 7: Led the Colts to a 30-18 road win over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday Night Football … Completed 17-of-26 passes for 150 yards, 2 touchdowns, and no interceptions … Improved his TD-to-INT ratio to 11-to-1 this season.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:53 pm Carson Wentz
Team: Indianapolis Colts (#2)
NFL Season: 6th
Week 7: Led the Colts to a 30-18 road win over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday Night Football … Completed 17-of-26 passes for 150 yards, 2 touchdowns, and no interceptions … Improved his TD-to-INT ratio to 11-to-1 this season.
Only important stat to me is that he took 100% of the snaps. Stay healthy, Carson, stay healthy. :thumb: