NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by 89Hen »

Like I said, I'm not as familiar with their failures. Sorry I don't track all the teams. I pay attention to the Eagles (and Skins because that's all my sports radio plays) and there is no denying the Jets are the draft screw up kings. Sheesh.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:35 am Like I said, I'm not as familiar with their failures. Sorry I don't track all the teams. I pay attention to the Eagles (and Skins because that's all my sports radio plays) and there is no denying the Jets are the draft screw up kings. Sheesh.
I don't think you can compare the Eagles and Giants to the Jets. The Eagles and Giants have both won Super Bowls in the last 15 years, it's been more than 50 for the Jets. The Jets peers are the Browns and Lions (sorry App) but they currently have more hope than the Jets.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:09 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:35 am Like I said, I'm not as familiar with their failures. Sorry I don't track all the teams. I pay attention to the Eagles (and Skins because that's all my sports radio plays) and there is no denying the Jets are the draft screw up kings. Sheesh.
I don't think you can compare the Eagles and Giants to the Jets. The Eagles and Giants have both won Super Bowls in the last 15 years, it's been more than 50 for the Jets. The Jets peers are the Browns and Lions (sorry App) but they currently have more hope than the Jets.
Agreed, I did say they were the kings. But as an Eagles fan, I can't be anything but disappointed by Roseman's screw-ups especially at WR recently. I fully expect him to pick another WR or two this spring, and they will be the 12th best option with a first round pick.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:09 pm

Agreed, I did say they were the kings. But as an Eagles fan, I can't be anything but disappointed by Roseman's screw-ups especially at WR recently. I fully expect him to pick another WR or two this spring, and they will be the 12th best option with a first round pick.
By "recently" I assume you are excluding Smith and referencing the previous 3 or 4 picks?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Houston has fired HC David Culley after one season. This is why they will continue to have problems. Incidentally, the article closes with an interesting twist: the GM, who had "philosophical differences" with Culley, seems to want to hire a former Patriot's colleague. The initial focus for that was former Broncos HC Josh McDaniels, but sweetening that pot is the recent firing of Brian Flores by Miami; embattled QB Deshaun Watson at one point wanted a trade to Miami to play for Flores. Could the Texans reinstate Watson (amid the potential PR backlash attendant to that) to team him with Flores?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/houston-te ... 22833.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Add NYG HC Joe Judge to the gone list....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/giants-fir ... 47513.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

NFC East Playoff updateImage

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Bills play first "perfect" offensive game in NFL history.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-play ... 30195.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Cowboys' Major Malfunction in 2021 Season

Discipline. Specifically, more penalty yards than four teams had RUSHING YARDS. SMH. That used to be the Raiders' problem....

But it wasn't just that in this game. They don't know how to get down and kill the clock when they're out of time outs. Those two things ultimately cost Dallas, and anyone looking at Kellen Moore (who can't play-call his way out of a wet paper bag) and Dan Quinn had better question them SERIOUSLY about that....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cowboys-ha ... 52398.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

This first half proved that the Air Raid is highly inappropriate inside either 10 yard line....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:40 pm Image

There's a lot of truth to that, though. Brady has always had a good team around him. How many other notable QBs with long/finished careers can say that? The only ones that come to mind are Staubach and maybe Roethlisberger.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:33 am

There's a lot of truth to that, though. Brady has always had a good team around him. How many other notable QBs with long/finished careers can say that? The only ones that come to mind are Staubach and maybe Roethlisberger.
There’s no WAY anybody thought Brady was automatically going to make the Bucs a super bowl winner. That was a mediocre team when he took the reins. Yeah, he got Gronk to come out of retirement, and he got AB to calm down for about 1 1/2 seasons…but as much as I dislike the man, he lifts those around him like nobody I’ve seen in my lifetime and just does not accept mediocrity.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:13 am
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:33 am There's a lot of truth to that, though. Brady has always had a good team around him. How many other notable QBs with long/finished careers can say that? The only ones that come to mind are Staubach and maybe Roethlisberger.
There’s no WAY anybody thought Brady was automatically going to make the Bucs a super bowl winner. That was a mediocre team when he took the reins. Yeah, he got Gronk to come out of retirement, and he got AB to calm down for about 1 1/2 seasons…but as much as I dislike the man, he lifts those around him like nobody I’ve seen in my lifetime and just does not accept mediocrity.
:nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:13 am

I guess like the three Pro Bowl offensive linemen he has in front of him?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:25 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 am
How well did they do with Winston at QB?

They had a lot of talent (part of the reason Brady picked them) but their results pre-Brady were mediocre. He changed the culture of that team.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:25 am

They had a lot of talent (part of the reason Brady picked them) but their results pre-Brady were mediocre. He changed the culture of that team.
Brady 100x > Winston, but Wirfs was a rookie last year and Caapa was one in 2019. So that kind of invalidates that response.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:51 am

Brady 100x > Winston, but Wirfs was a rookie last year and Caapa was one in 2019. So that kind of invalidates that response.
Cause/effect? Are they pro bowl BECAUSE of Brady/Fournette/Evans/Gronk or are those guys so good because they have pro bowl offensive linemen protecting Brady?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Also.....

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

All I know is he took a .500 team and made them Super Bowl champions in literally ONE season.

I ALWAYS thought he was a product of Bellicheat’s system….turns out it was the other way around. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:25 pm

Cause/effect? Are they pro bowl BECAUSE of Brady/Fournette/Evans/Gronk or are those guys so good because they have pro bowl offensive linemen protecting Brady?
It sure doesn't hurt, but Winston didn't have one of the three and one was a rookie. That was my point.

FWIW it looks like while TB was in NE he had four OL make the pro-bowl and only two make it more than once:

Dan Koppen - 1
Brian Waters - 1
Matt Light - 3
Logan Mankins - 6

That's 20 seasons x 5 OL's = 100 player season and 11 pro-bowls.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Prime time for the Pack, hope they can stave off the 49ers.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Lol I just watched apparently a replay of the early season Pack/49er game and thought it was the playoff game! What a maroon.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:33 am

I've always thought quarterbacks get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go bad. If being on winning Super Bowl teams was the measure of whether quarterback A is better than quarterback B we'd have to say Trent Dilfer was a better quarterback than Dan Marino. Had Tom Brady played for the Cleveland Browns for most of his career then been traded to 2000 through 2019 then been traded to and played for the Jacksonville Jaguars or the New York Jets (per the picture) for 2020 and 2021 he would have been on zero Super Bowl winning teams. He'd have never even played in a Super Bowl.

That's not to put him down. He is very good. But take last year for instance. New England beat Kansas City 31-9. They held a team that averaged 30 points per game in its other 18 contests to 9 points. When you see that you don't look at the quarterback as the main reason they won. You look at the defense.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came