kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:29 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:26 pm The Atlantic.

So they're going to sit and suck his dick for "astutely handling" a crisis of his own making???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stupidity really DOES know no bounds....
His own making? Jeepers! He’s more powerful than I thought!

Also…fucking gas prices…amirite?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:18 pm Went to $5.09 after work today in Twentynine Palms...at the ARCO of all places. SMH....
You're out at 29Palms? I thought you were in/near Lodi.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:33 am
SuperHornet wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:18 pm Went to $5.09 after work today in Twentynine Stumps...at the ARCO of all places. SMH....
You're out at 29Stumps? I thought you were in/near Lodi.
FIFY both
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:27 am Remember, cancelling the Keystone Pipeline wouldn't save a mouse fart worth of emissions but we had to nix it because white privilege (or something).
Is that the one that will be leaking into our largest aquifer?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:33 am
SuperHornet wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:18 pm Went to $5.09 after work today in Twentynine Palms...at the ARCO of all places. SMH....
You're out at 29Palms? I thought you were in/near Lodi.
Gateway to Turlock
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:27 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:29 pm

So they're going to sit and suck his dick for "astutely handling" a crisis of his own making???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stupidity really DOES know no bounds....

yes, his own making. Just like Crimea was his and Obama's own making.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:28 am
kalm wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:27 am

Hmmm…I would have thought both would be more of Putin’s and Russia-Ukrainian making.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:01 am
Pwns wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:27 am Remember, cancelling the Keystone Pipeline wouldn't save a mouse fart worth of emissions but we had to nix it because white privilege (or something).
So you're backing Biden on shutting down Keystone over environmental concerns but like Biden, you're ok with Nordstream 2? Do you really believe that Russia has better environmental and safety protocols than the US?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:03 am

So you're backing Biden on shutting down Keystone over environmental concerns but like Biden, you're ok with Nordstream 2? Do you really believe that Russia has better environmental and safety protocols than the US?
Can I be both ok with one while against the other?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:52 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:28 am

Hmmm…I would have thought both would be more of Putin’s and Russia-Ukrainian making.
I've found your problem... :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:24 am
kalm wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:52 am

I've found your problem... :coffee: :coffee:
Thank you. So to restate, you blame Biden for the war in Ukraine.

That checks out. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am
Can I be both ok with one while against the other?
Only if you have CS.com posts showing that you wanted to shut down both Keystone and Nordstream and calling Biden out for his hypocrisy. Otherwise, silence is violence (to the Earth).
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Somebody obviously has never looked up the incidents/gallon/mile comparison of a pipeline vs. trucking vs. rail.

Pipelines are the safest way by far to transport mass amounts liquids.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Fellas

At this juncture I think we are getting to the point that Putin is realizing that he cannot win this thing regardless of the outcome

So, it is time to talk about tripwires

If Putin decides to use a tactical nuke in Ukraine or possibly a NATO staging area, things will escalate, probably within hours

If you live near a strategic center, I would suggest having your family put together a go bag of essentials to get them (and you) out to a rural area. If grandma lives in a house in the middle of nowhere, I suggest that be your destination. I have mine in NC.

When I say “strategic center” I am not talking about you living beside a Goodyear plant that makes airplane tires… dont flatter yourself. I’m talking about those of us who live in the Delmarva area, near any air force base or major Army fort, any defense companies footprints that actually *make* things, like F-35s or Tomahawk missiles. ANY naval base.

I’m pretty sure Houndawg and klam are safe already but I dont know about the rest of you.

Trust me, this guy is not right in the head. Just look at his actions of the last two weeks. None of it comes as a surprise to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:57 pm Fellas

At this juncture I think we are getting to the point that Putin is realizing that he cannot win this thing regardless of the outcome

So, it is time to talk about tripwires

If Putin decides to use a tactical nuke in Ukraine or possibly a NATO staging area, things will escalate, probably within hours

If you live near a strategic center, I would suggest having your family put together a go bag of essentials to get them (and you) out to a rural area. If grandma lives in a house in the middle of nowhere, I suggest that be your destination. I have mine in NC.

When I say “strategic center” I am not talking about you living beside a Goodyear plant that makes airplane tires… dont flatter yourself. I’m talking about those of us who live in the Delmarva area, near any air force base or major Army fort, any defense companies footprints that actually *make* things, like F-35s or Tomahawk missiles. ANY naval base.

I’m pretty sure Houndawg and klam are safe already but I dont know about the rest of you.

Trust me, this guy is not right in the head. Just look at his actions of the last two weeks. None of it comes as a surprise to me

Yeah, living in San Antonio I’ve spent a significant amount of time thinking about this. Collecting essentials, re-organizing and inventorying my bug out bag, etc…

A low probability, but not out of the realm….
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Well, as the crow flies I’m about 4 miles from this..
https://www.defensedaily.com/boeing-ope ... navy-usmc/
about 10 miles from the Philadelphia Naval Yard, and 60+ miles from Dover AFB. So pretty much fucked in that regard.

Got family in rural VA, but still only about 80-100 miles (as the crow flies) from DC..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:46 pm Well, as the crow flies I’m about 4 miles from this..
about 10 miles from the Philadelphia Naval Yard, and 60+ miles from Dover AFB. So pretty much fucked in that regard.

Got family in rural VA, but still only about 80-100 miles (as the crow flies) from DC..
That’s sufficient if you’re properly prepared.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:Well, as the crow flies I’m about 4 miles from this..

80-100 miles is more than sufficient

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:07 pm
BDKJMU wrote:Well, as the crow flies I’m about 4 miles from this..

How about 30 miles? Screwed?? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:36 pm
CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:07 pm

Not as sufficient?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Use nukes on your own lebensraum?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:36 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Not as sufficient?
Indeed.

With all that said, I think there's a very real outcome here where it's basically just Crimea Part 2. Putin realizes he can't finish off Ukraine, so he just consolidates the gains they have. He's already set up the idea there are two independent republics in those eastern provinces, so they just end up a little larger than what they were and are the puppet states he wanted. I wouldn't count on everyone staying together with economic sanctions once the shots stop being fired, and Europe looks to Russia for energy again. People generally forgot Russia absorbed Crimea a few years ago, and while this may not be as easy to forget, the world does have a pretty short memory. Heck, I'm sure we'll go back to buying Russian oil before too long - we're still pretty keen on producing less oil and instead buying it from somewhere else - the virtue signalling version of nation state climate change policy. And in 5 years from now Russia will take another crack at Ukraine, especially after the world looks the other way when China anschlusses Taiwan without Biden doing anything more than drawing a red line at China invading Japan.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:57 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Not as sufficient?
Indeed.

With all that said, I think there's a very real outcome here where it's basically just Crimea Part 2. Putin realizes he can't finish off Ukraine, so he just consolidates the gains they have. He's already set up the idea there are two independent republics in those eastern provinces, so they just end up a little larger than what they were and are the puppet states he wanted. I wouldn't count on everyone staying together with economic sanctions once the shots stop being fired, and Europe looks to Russia for energy again. People generally forgot Russia absorbed Crimea a few years ago, and while this may not be as easy to forget, the world does have a pretty short memory. Heck, I'm sure we'll go back to buying Russian oil before too long - we're still pretty keen on producing less oil and instead buying it from somewhere else - the virtue signalling version of nation state climate change policy. And in 5 years from now Russia will take another crack at Ukraine, especially after the world looks the other way when China anschlusses Taiwan without Biden doing anything more than drawing a red line at China invading Japan.
Pure truth in that last sentence.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:43 pm

Somebody obviously has never looked up the incidents/gallon/mile comparison of a pipeline vs. trucking vs. rail.

Pipelines are the safest way by far to transport mass amounts liquids.
100% of them leak