UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:46 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:45 pm

I don't disagree with you with regard to adults.

I also think there is a difference between the psychology of how someone identifies and biology (i.e. science). Why do you hate science?

"I spent 3 decades on TV mocking Republicans who said climate change was just a theory and now I've got to deal with people who say you know what else it just a theory? Biology."
They can call themselves whatever the fuck they want to.

They can believe the world is controlled by an invisible man in the sky if they want to.

The Pagans got it right - "that ye harm no other, do what ye will"
Like I told kalm, I agree, adults should be able to call themselves what they want. They should not, however, be encouraging kids to call themselves something else without the consent of the parents. They should be helping to provide a safe space for kids to figure that out not trying to lead them down a path so they can tout their self-righteous virtue.

The hypocrites whining about Maher are full of shit. 3 years ago they were touting "trust the science/medicine" but now they want to ignore the science (biology). His criticism of the "woke" revolution is spot on.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:06 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:46 pm

They can call themselves whatever the fuck they want to.

They can believe the world is controlled by an invisible man in the sky if they want to.

The Pagans got it right - "that ye harm no other, do what ye will"
Like I told kalm, I agree, adults should be able to call themselves what they want. They should not, however, be encouraging kids to call themselves something else without the consent of the parents. They should be helping to provide a safe space for kids to figure that out not trying to lead them down a path so they can tout their self-righteous virtue.

The hypocrites whining about Maher are full of shit. 3 years ago they were touting "trust the science/medicine" but now they want to ignore the science (biology). His criticism of the "woke" revolution is spot on.
Recent graduate from the school Z school of bad analogies. ^

:lol:

How many teachers are “leading” and “encouraging” kids to self describe as something they’re not and leading them down a self righteous path without parental consent?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:06 pm Like I told kalm, I agree, adults should be able to call themselves what they want. They should not, however, be encouraging kids to call themselves something else without the consent of the parents. They should be helping to provide a safe space for kids to figure that out not trying to lead them down a path so they can tout their self-righteous virtue.

How many teachers are “leading” and “encouraging” kids to self describe as something they’re not and leading them down a self righteous path without parental consent?
So science is different now than it was 3 years ago?

I don’t know how many and I don’t think it’s a lot but 1 is too many. 1 is child abuse.

Maher is closer to right than any Lincoln project blowhard you want want to quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:07 am Taibbi, Greenwald....now Maher. :lol:

Just watched it. He pretty much nails it.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:04 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:46 pm
So you clearly think people can pick their sex. Is it ok for people to pick their race, too?
Yes. They can identify however they want. I might think it strange but it’s none of my fucking business as long as they’re not harming me and taking away someone else’s rights.

Why do you hate America?
Why do you hate biology?

And why are you a racist?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:05 pm
kalm wrote:

I don’t know how many and I don’t think it’s a lot but 1 is too many. 1 is child abuse.
Maher is closer to right than any Lincoln project blowhard you want want to quote.

Lincoln Project? Now I’m not even sure you know what they’re about. I’m fine with much of what Maher says but he’s not the first guy I’m going to look to when it comes to understanding changing culture. If I want an old white guy’s views, I can just sit back and watch myself yell at the world.

:mrgreen:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:05 pm So science is different now than it was 3 years ago?

Lincoln Project? Now I’m not even sure you know what they’re about. I’m fine with much of what Maher says but he’s not the first guy I’m going to look to when it comes to understanding changing culture. If I want an old white guy’s views, I can just sit back and watch myself yell at the world.

Sorry, you like to quote the opinions of Lincoln Project people and want others to think they’re more believable than the opinions of your former heroes. You’ve drank the kool-aid and dismiss people because their perspective conflicts with the illiberal narrative.

Dismissing someone’s opinion because theyre old, white and male? That’s all kinds of bigoted (sexist, racist and ageist). Oh, but it’s okay to dismiss the the opinions of “those” people.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:21 pm
kalm wrote:

Sorry, you like to quote the opinions of Lincoln Project people and want others to think they’re more believable than the opinions of your former heroes. You’ve drank the kool-aid and dismiss people because their perspective conflicts with the illiberal narrative.

Dismissing someone’s opinion because theyre old, white and male? That’s all kinds of bigoted (sexist, racist and ageist). Oh, but it’s okay to dismiss the the opinions of “those” people.

Thank you, young fellow, your apology is accepted.

The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote:

Apology accepted!

1). You see…the Lincoln Project (who YOU weirdly inserted into this discussion because…gotcha!?!) was created by moderate conservatives, intimate with the Republican Party, and who recognized the reality of Trump. (See your MAGA and Squad thread for similar details). Their experience with party politics and intimacy with Republican Party inner-workings makes them a relevant (and often snarky) voice for those who place country over cult (I’m still holding out hope you’re the former). If I want to poke fun at the handwringing over woke culture, the Lincoln Party would not be my first source to make a point although they too have probably softened their rhetoric on culture wars just like you sometimes do.

2). Since you apparently missed it, my comment on old, white, men was self deprecating as that’s exactly what you and I are.

Cheers!

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:58 am

Succinct!

:clap:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Good job pointing out the simple part, but the stories I posted and the thousands of others I could have are a direct result of when you mainstream and placate the people who have obvious mental issues regarding their gender. Instead of getting them the help they need, you play into their illness by trying to convince them and society that its a lifestyle choice and not a mental issue.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:58 am

Dismissing someone’s opinion because they're old, white and male? That’s all kinds of bigoted (sexist, racist and ageist). Oh, but it’s okay to dismiss the opinions of “those” people.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:29 am

Dismissing someone’s opinion because they're old, white and male? That’s all kinds of bigoted (sexist, racist and ageist). Oh, but it’s okay to dismiss the opinions of “those” people.
Apology accepted!

1). You see…the Lincoln Project (who YOU weirdly inserted into this discussion because…gotcha!?!) was created by moderate conservatives, intimate with the Republican Party, and who recognized the reality of Trump. (See your MAGA and Squad thread for similar details). Their experience with party politics and intimacy with Republican Party inner-workings makes them a relevant (and often snarky) voice for those who place country over cult (I’m still holding out hope you’re the former). If I want to poke fun at the handwringing over woke culture, the Lincoln Party would not be my first source to make a point although they too have probably softened their rhetoric on culture wars just like you sometimes do.

2). Since you apparently missed it, my comment on old, white, men was self deprecating as that’s exactly what you and I are.

Cheers!

1) The Lincoln Project was created by neo-cons, not moderate conservatives. People who think Dick Cheney was a great man. They're for big government and unnecessary foreign intervention. So while I can't stand trump either, I'm not going to give a lot of credence to their ramblings.

2) I self-identify as young, immature, and non-racial and I'm offended that you've labeled me as something else. You need to check your prejudices. ;)

I started to really see bigotry 35+ years ago when I took the Culture of the Ghetto class so I find all of these white illiberals who are suddenly woke both humorous and idiotic. They're like toddlers who just learned to walk that want to lecture me on how to run.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Apology accepted!

Cheers!

The only thing the Lincoln Project was intimate with was little boys..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:29 am Apology accepted!

Cheers!

Something the Lincoln Project and Jordan have in common.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:

I guess that should be easy to verify since all you need is one example....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:06 pm

Apology accepted!

Cheers!

Thats just Republicans being Republicans - I mean what are you going to do when women are revolted by the sight of you? :?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:58 am

I guess that should be easy to verify since all you need is one example....
Examples have already been reported and posted about on this board.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:02 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:06 pm
Thats just Republicans being Republicans - I mean what are you going to do when women are revolted by the sight of you? :?
Go be a bitter old man screaming at the clouds somewhere in bumfuck Illinois?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:26 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:02 am

Go be a bitter old man screaming at the clouds somewhere in bumfuck Illinois?
chicks love me. :coffee:

You wouldn't understand. :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ultra woke CRT BS brought to you by Disney with an Ebonics accent to boot, in a call for reparations:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Apology accepted!

Cheers!

...can you young pups keep it down? You're interrupting my nap. :tothehand:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:45 am

Apology accepted!

Cheers!

...can you young pups keep it down? You're interrupting my nap. :tothehand:
Yes sir! Sorry Unc!

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Woke Disney World in move to cut 5.5 billion in costs laying off 7k employees::
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:55 am
kalm wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:20 am

Wait! Transgender people can commit crimes and can be fucked up just like non-transgender people?!?

Whoa!

Good job pointing out the simple part, but the stories I posted and the thousands of others I could have are a direct result of when you mainstream and placate the people who have obvious mental issues regarding their gender. Instead of getting them the help they need, you play into their illness by trying to convince them and society that its a lifestyle choice and not a mental issue.
You people won't fund mental health :coffee: