Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:12 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:04 pm

We had a right to know this shit before the election.

Fuck SCOTUS with a broken beer bottle.
Maybe I'm missing this, but did the SCOTUS have any action so far to do with the classified documents case? I don't follow these things as in detail as you folks do, but I didn't recall SCOTUS being asked or doing anything relative to this particular case, i.e. the documents.
They could have curled on immunity back in January. They chose not to.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:50 pm

:pics:

Why do you think trump is uniting the country? Uniting the country requires that he reach out to and build productive relationships with moderate Republicans and Democrats. Calling your opponents vermin and Marxists is not uniting the country.
He’s already united it against Joey Rotten

Blacks are not happy with Biden and are seeing the truth behind the serial liar in the Whitehouse
Haley and countless others would have done a much better job of uniting the country against biden.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:56 pm

Blacks are not happy with Biden and are seeing the truth behind the serial liar in the Whitehouse
Haley and countless others would have done a much better job of uniting the country against biden.
Haley is a smart lady and that’s a fact

She said she’s voting for Trump

Dictator Biden really needs to go
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:47 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:17 pm

The biggest, glaring difference of course is when the government asked Biden for the documents back the documents were returned promptly. Trump, when asked the same, had some of the help stack them in his shower. If Trump did the same as Biden, one could conjecture they would've also let him off the hook as they did with Biden. We'll of course never know since Trump tried to hold onto his documents.
Oh stop, Joey was given a sweetheart deal by his Dept of Injuctice …. Joe, all you have to do is cooperate and everything will be OK…

CH is working hard to provide the proof that trump is the victim of a lawfare attack by the deep state. He's oh so close (kind of like trump was with proof that the 2020 election was stolen) and will be providing the proof very soon.

In the interim, he's running dangerously low on tinfoil. Does anyone have some they can lend him?

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:03 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:47 pm

Oh stop, Joey was given a sweetheart deal by his Dept of Injuctice …. Joe, all you have to do is cooperate and everything will be OK…

CH is working hard to provide the proof that trump is the victim of a lawfare attack by the deep state. He's oh so close (kind of like trump was with proof that the 2020 election was stolen) and will be providing the proof very soon.

In the interim, he's running dangerously low on tinfoil. Does anyone have some they can lend him?
The NY Post story on Hunter was banned by the elites because infinite wisdom, It just couldn’t be true

Until it was

Is that election interference? Yes it is
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:05 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:03 pm

The NY Post story on Hunter was banned by the elites because infinite wisdom, It just couldn’t be true

Until it was

Is that election interference? Yes it is
And that proves that the trump prosecutions, especially the documents case that we're discussing, is lawfare how?

Do you understand causation?

FTR - I thought the suppression of the laptop was wrong and posted about it. I also think that what trump did to try and steal the 2020 election was wrong. He should have been convicted following his 2nd impeachment. A rational human thinks that both things were wrong and the first does not justify the second. Someone whose drank the koolaid thinks that one is wrong and the other isn't.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Trump rallied a crowd of what his campaign estimated to be 25,000 supporters at Crotona Park in the Bronx on Thursday, far more than the initial 3,500 it said were expected to attend. Those numbers appeared to also include those lined up outside the event.”
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:55 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:12 pm

Maybe I'm missing this, but did the SCOTUS have any action so far to do with the classified documents case? I don't follow these things as in detail as you folks do, but I didn't recall SCOTUS being asked or doing anything relative to this particular case, i.e. the documents.
Was that about the documents? I thought that immunity question was only about the actions taken while in office. Once he was out of office, actions taken out of office were never part of the immunity question. I don't think SCOTUS has ever been asked about the documents and that case.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:22 am
Was that about the documents? I thought that immunity question was only about the actions taken while in office. Once he was out of office, actions taken out of office were never part of the immunity question. I don't think SCOTUS has ever been asked about the documents and that case.
I think you're right. The immunity question impacted Smith's DC case.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:44 am

So if SCOTUS decides Presidents have immunity for actions taken while in office, that would include arresting those conspirators who sought to prevent the peaceful transfer of power?
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I stand corrected.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:44 am

So if SCOTUS decides Presidents have immunity for actions taken while in office, that would include arresting those conspirators who sought to prevent the peaceful transfer of power?
Lock him up! :)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:38 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:04 pm

Lock him up! :)
waterboarding is not torture. :coffee:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Smith seeks a gag order. Everyone except MAGA knows this is a slam dunk case but that Cannon won’t allow it to go to trial until after the election. She’ll deny the motion but it will place her one step closer to recusal.
Special counsel Jack Smith filed court papers Friday asking a judge to order Donald Trump not to make any further incendiary claims suggesting that FBI agents were “complicit in a plot to assassinate him.”

Sign up for Fact Checker, our weekly review of what's true, false or in-between in politics.

In the filing to U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon, Smith argues Trump’s statements earlier this week exposed FBI agents involved in the case “to the risk of threats, violence, and harassment.”

The request caps a tumultuous week in the former president’s far-reaching legal battles. He is preparing for closing arguments Tuesday in his trial in New York, and has made incendiary claims about the origins of the case against him in Florida for allegedly mishandling classified documents and obstructing government efforts to retrieve them.
Story continues below advertisement

Subscribe to The Trump Trials newsletter to get the latest updates on Donald Trump’s four criminal cases in your inbox.
End of carousel

The new filing underscores the intensity of the fear inside federal law enforcement agencies that someone may take inspiration from Trump’s invective and attack FBI or Justice Department personnel.

The late Friday filing came in response to a number of statements from Trump or his campaign, including a fundraising appeal that screamed “Biden’s DOJ was authorized to shoot me!”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... fbi-order/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:08 am Smith seeks a gag order. Everyone except MAGA knows this is a slam dunk case but that Cannon won’t allow it to go to trial until after the election. She’ll deny the motion but it will place her one step closer to recusal.
Special counsel Jack Smith filed court papers Friday asking a judge to order Donald Trump not to make any further incendiary claims suggesting that FBI agents were “complicit in a plot to assassinate him.”

Sign up for Fact Checker, our weekly review of what's true, false or in-between in politics.

In the filing to U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon, Smith argues Trump’s statements earlier this week exposed FBI agents involved in the case “to the risk of threats, violence, and harassment.”

The request caps a tumultuous week in the former president’s far-reaching legal battles. He is preparing for closing arguments Tuesday in his trial in New York, and has made incendiary claims about the origins of the case against him in Florida for allegedly mishandling classified documents and obstructing government efforts to retrieve them.

Subscribe to The Trump Trials newsletter to get the latest updates on Donald Trump’s four criminal cases in your inbox.
End of carousel

The new filing underscores the intensity of the fear inside federal law enforcement agencies that someone may take inspiration from Trump’s invective and attack FBI or Justice Department personnel.

The late Friday filing came in response to a number of statements from Trump or his campaign, including a fundraising appeal that screamed “Biden’s DOJ was authorized to shoot me!”
Yeah, thats why prosecutors told Cannon that the boxes remained in their original intact form as seized, which turned out to be a complete lie.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:31 pm
kalm wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:08 am Smith seeks a gag order. Everyone except MAGA knows this is a slam dunk case but that Cannon won’t allow it to go to trial until after the election. She’ll deny the motion but it will place her one step closer to recusal.

Yeah, thats why prosecutors told Cannon that the boxes remained in their original intact form as seized, which turned out to be a complete lie.
The docs were much safer in Mar a Largo than in Joeys garage with lil Hunter still residing down in the basement
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

And NY business records trial would have been tossed or at minimum have had a mistrial declared if you had a fair judge as opposed to a lib democrat Trump hating one. So spare me your :crybaby: because just 1 trial out of 5 (3 criminal & 2 civil) has a judge who’s not a lib donk Trump hater along with a deep blue (around 90%) jury pool.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Sure it is. And it was disclosed this week that boxes were found in the bedroom 4 months after the search.

He’s a criminal.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:34 am
Sure it is. And it was disclosed this week that boxes were found in the bedroom 4 months after the search.

He’s a criminal.
He’s not a criminal.

Opinions are like assholes.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:30 am
And NY business records trial would have been tossed or at minimum have had a mistrial declared if you had a fair judge as opposed to a lib democrat Trump hating one. So spare me your :crybaby: because just 1 trial out of 5 (3 criminal & 2 civil) has a judge who’s not a lib donk Trump hater along with a deep blue (around 90%) jury pool.
Give me some of what you're smoking. :lol:

Prosecution made a solid case and had paperwork to back it up. :thumb:

Trump still has a good chance at evading justice of course, but everybody knows he's guilty as fuck, just like the mob bosses he strives to emulate.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:46 am
kalm wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:34 am

He’s a criminal.
He’s not a criminal.

Opinions are like assholes.
He's a communist sympathizer and a traitor.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

End of carousel

Jane you ignorant slut. Smith screwed himself over by trying to expedite this case. He's the reason for the delays. Cannon is simply asking for information that should have already been prepared.

Hack
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:20 am

Jane you ignorant slut. Smith screwed himself over by trying to expedite this case. He's the reason for the delays. Cannon is simply asking for information that should have already been prepared.

Hack
So he shouldn’t have tried expediting case in the hope it would go faster?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:56 pm

Now she's just another member of the bootlicker wing of the Party of Trump

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:59 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:30 am
Give me some of what you're smoking. :lol:

Prosecution made a solid case and had paperwork to back it up. :thumb:

Trump still has a good chance at evading justice of course, but everybody knows he's guilty as fuck, just like the mob bosses he strives to emulate.
:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: