Trump vs Harris

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:54 am This guy totally nails it ….

He's not wrong about Democrats. Unfortunately, he's still naive about the modern Republican Party. I'll be impressed when that lightbulb turns on and he sees both parties for who they are.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:26 am
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:18 am

Who?
It isn't in quotes so the obvious conclusion is that CH wrote it otherwise he'd be guilty of some sort of copyright infringement. I love how he gives himself credit for totally nailing it.

Was that a good use of your focus on an irrelevant element to dismiss an entire post methodology BDK?
So you refer to yourself as “this guy” weird
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:41 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:26 am

It isn't in quotes so the obvious conclusion is that CH wrote it otherwise he'd be guilty of some sort of copyright infringement. I love how he gives himself credit for totally nailing it.

Was that a good use of your focus on an irrelevant element to dismiss an entire post methodology BDK?
You're projecting again. And I did think it was weird that you referred to yourself as "this guy".

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-p ... tion-audit

So who swore up and down that illegals don’t vote … you guys either naive or liars or dumb

“The audit uncovered 499 individuals who were registered to vote but were not U.S. citizens. The removals announced Thursday include individuals who confirmed their noncitizen status to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. That data was then paired with the federal Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) database, which also confirmed them to be noncitizens.”
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:45 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:41 am

You're projecting again. And I did think it was weird that you referred to yourself as "this guy".
I’m not on Twitter
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

No teleprompter = word salad. And holy cow Biden is gone..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:59 pm No teleprompter = word salad. And holy cow Biden is gone..
She has been the President for a long time
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:59 pm No teleprompter = word salad. And holy cow Biden is gone..
:rofl:

....you're two weeks behind everybody else, BDFKWT... :lol:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Republicans call Harris a failed border czar. The facts tell a different story.
Harris was never given the portfolio of border czar, said Alan Bersin, who embraced the label as a special representative for border affairs under Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. "This was not the job assigned to VP Harris," he said.

Instead, Biden asked Harris to lead diplomatic efforts to reduce poverty, violence and corruption in Central America's Northern Triangle countries of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, as well as engage with Mexico on the issue.
Harris continued to lead the Central America effort although she has increasingly focused on abortion rights this year, a top Democratic issue since a 2022 U.S. Supreme Court decision struck down the nationwide right to an abortion.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:42 am Republicans call Harris a failed border czar. The facts tell a different story.
Harris was never given the portfolio of border czar, said Alan Bersin, who embraced the label as a special representative for border affairs under Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. "This was not the job assigned to VP Harris," he said.

Instead, Biden asked Harris to lead diplomatic efforts to reduce poverty, violence and corruption in Central America's Northern Triangle countries of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, as well as engage with Mexico on the issue.
Harris continued to lead the Central America effort although she has increasingly focused on abortion rights this year, a top Democratic issue since a 2022 U.S. Supreme Court decision struck down the nationwide right to an abortion.
Political posturing by both sides, but certainly more spin by the Dems here. There's no doubt that Harris was given the job of leading the effort by the Biden administration to deal with what was clearly a border crisis. Whether she was officially a "czar" or not is just really semantics. She did some press tours talking to some countries where the migrants where coming from, but in reality she did very little work involving the border. And she's been largely absent on this issue since early in the Biden administration. This push now by her campaign, the Democratic party, and sympathetic mainstream media to deny that she had any significant role in border issues, basically a historical negationism, would make even Orwell blush.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:08 am
Political posturing by both sides, but certainly more spin by the Dems here. There's no doubt that Harris was given the job of leading the effort by the Biden administration to deal with what was clearly a border crisis. Whether she was officially a "czar" or not is just really semantics. She did some press tours talking to some countries where the migrants where coming from, but in reality she did very little work involving the border. And she's been largely absent on this issue since early in the Biden administration. This push now by her campaign, the Democratic party, and sympathetic mainstream media to deny that she had any significant role in border issues, basically a historical negationism, would make even Orwell blush.
It would make Orwell blush but would it make trump blush?

How different is this from trump's attempts to distance himself from Project 2025?

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:23 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:08 am

How different is this from trump's attempts to distance himself from Project 2025?
I don't think one has anything to do with the other. Harris being put in charge of the border situation, regardless of the title, was very well known, public, and clearly done in the early stages of the Biden administration. She personally took actions related to this assignment and performed in this role for some time. To now say she didn't do that, or didn't have that role in the administration, is just false.

As for the Project 2025, there's never been any insinuation that Trump wrote or participated in any of its drafting. Let's be honest, I doubt Trump has ever been involved in drafting anything policy-related, that's far too academic-related for him. But in the end, it's a policy paper, like many lobbying groups draw up prior to presidential elections. It's what that group will push and lobby for in a coming administration. Absolutely people who worked for Trump before and could work for him again were involved in its drafting, but none of it is certain to be implemented, and even some of it isn't even possible to be implemented. But it is about things that could happen.

Oh, and Trump could never blush. Too much Botox or plastic surgery to allow that to still happen and he'd also need to feel regret or embarrassment over something and I don't think he's capable of those emotions.
So one is talking about the historical record and things and actions that happened, and now trying to deny they actually happened, where the other is about things that could happen in the future. It's hard to compare the two as the same things.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:07 pm

I don't think one has anything to do with the other. Harris being put in charge of the border situation, regardless of the title, was very well known, public, and clearly done in the early stages of the Biden administration. She personally took actions related to this assignment and performed in this role for some time. To now say she didn't do that, or didn't have that role in the administration, is just false.

As for the Project 2025, there's never been any insinuation that Trump wrote or participated in any of its drafting. Let's be honest, I doubt Trump has ever been involved in drafting anything policy-related, that's far too academic-related for him. But in the end, it's a policy paper, like many lobbying groups draw up prior to presidential elections. It's what that group will push and lobby for in a coming administration. Absolutely people who worked for Trump before and could work for him again were involved in its drafting, but none of it is certain to be implemented, and even some of it isn't even possible to be implemented. But it is about things that could happen.

Oh, and Trump could never blush. Too much Botox or plastic surgery to allow that to still happen and he'd also need to feel regret or embarrassment over something and I don't think he's capable of those emotions.
So one is talking about the historical record and things and actions that happened, and now trying to deny they actually happened, where the other is about things that could happen in the future. It's hard to compare the two as the same things.
.... you believe him when he says he doesn't know anything about P2025 it and doesn't support it? The Heritage Foundation did this on their own and were going to implement it without his knowlwdge?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

It's not that they have anything to do with each other. It's that trump's attempts to distance himself from Project 2025 are similar to harris' attempts to distance herself from border czar.

trump and his team's connection to Project 2025 are pretty solid and shouldn't be swept under the rug anymore than harris' as border czar.
  • 31 of the 38 Project 2025 authors/editors were nominated to positions in Trump’s administration or transition team.
  • At a dinner sponsored by the Heritage Foundation in April 2022, trump said:
    This is a great group, and they’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do and what your movement will do when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America.
  • vance's review/forward of kevin roberts' new book Dawn's Early Light: Taking Back Washington to Save America as well as comments complimenting roberts and the heritage foundation ... Image
    The full forward can be found at the end of this article: Read J.D. Vance’s Violent Foreword to Project 2025 Leader’s New Book
It's disingenuous to pretend that trump has no ties to the Heritage Foundation and Project 2025. It would be beyond foolish to not consider the possibility that it could be a blueprint for a reelected trump administration.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:12 pm

It's not that they have anything to do with each other. It's that trump's attempts to distance himself from Project 2025 are similar to harris' attempts to distance herself from border czar.

trump and his team's connection to Project 2025 are pretty solid and shouldn't be swept under the rug anymore than harris' as border czar.
  • 31 of the 38 Project 2025 authors/editors were nominated to positions in Trump’s administration or transition team.
  • At a dinner sponsored by the Heritage Foundation in April 2022, trump said:
    This is a great group, and they’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do and what your movement will do when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America.
  • vance's review/forward of kevin roberts' new book Dawn's Early Light: Taking Back Washington to Save America as well as comments complimenting roberts and the heritage foundation ... Image
    We are now all realizing that it’s time to circle the wagons and load the muskets. In the fights that lay ahead, these ideas are an essential weapon.
It's disingenuous to pretend that trump has no ties to the Heritage Foundation and Project 2025. It would be beyond foolish to not consider the possibility that it could be a blueprint for a reelected trump administration.
Of course he has ties to it, it's a conservative political lobbying group and as you've said, plenty of people who have or will have worked for him have direct ties to it. My point was that Trump isn't much into actual ideas or policies other than promoting himself, and I don't think he by himself could write or edit anything.

As for the blueprint for his administration, the vast majority of things in there just couldn't happen. Just like a lot, if not all, of what Biden proposed as SCOTUS reforms, would be unlikely to happen, barring Constitutional amendments. Yeah, we should take pause about both when talked about, but we should also realize the unlikelihood of either.

But again, in the case, they are future things. Denying the past, like when we say Harris didn't really have anything to do with the border, is another thing altogether.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:00 pm

.... you believe him when he says he doesn't know anything about P2025 it and doesn't support it? The Heritage Foundation did this on their own and were going to implement it without his knowlwdge?
No, I believe he knows about it, at least the title of it, and knows people who work for him or who would work for him in the unlikely event that he wins wrote it and believe in it. I think the Heritage folks did it on their own (without Trump) and I think they would try to implement some of it, finding that our system of government would prevent most of it from being implemented, short of Constitutional amendments that won't be forthcoming.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:25 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:00 pm

No, I believe he knows about it, at least the title of it, and knows people who work for him or who would work for him in the unlikely event that he wins wrote it and believe in it. I think the Heritage folks did it on their own (without Trump) and I think they would try to implement some of it, finding that our system of government would prevent most of it from being implemented, short of Constitutional amendments that won't be forthcoming.
...also without Trump's knowledge? Sounds a little conspiracyish...

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:30 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:25 pm

No, it just sounds like Trump is a narcissistic fool. Whereas Biden just flat out got old and mentally unaware, Trump has never been one to get into the minutia of anything, other than his appearance. It's why his first term ended in failure, we needed someone to lead through COVID and that required too much effort and discipline than he's capable of doing.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:38 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:30 pm

No, it just sounds like Trump is a narcissistic fool. Whereas Biden just flat out got old and mentally unaware, Trump has never been one to get into the minutia of anything, other than his appearance. It's why his first term ended in failure, we needed someone to lead through COVID and that required too much effort and discipline than he's capable of doing.
Nah, if Biden did anything it’s proven he’s a vindictive narcissist king himself, only he does it without the humor and flair of Trump. :coffee:

Joey failed on everything and nobody was gonna “govern” us through COVID … COVID was gonna COVID no matter what
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:50 pm
Nah, if Biden did anything it’s proven he’s a vindictive narcissist king himself, only he does it without the humor and flair of Trump. :coffee:

Joey failed on everything and nobody was gonna “govern” us through COVID … COVID was gonna COVID no matter what
biden didn't fail. hunter was going to hunter. putin was going to putin. the border was going to border. no matter what.

:sarcasm:

COVID was going to COVID no matter what is a copout. trump showed he couldn't lead during a crisis.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:50 pm

That’s why the US had one of the highest death rates despite high living standards and advanced healthcare. Or states like Washington with stronger restrictions had the lowest death rates. Thank you Governor Inslee.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Competitiveness Coalition Releases Survey Data In Five Presidential Battleground States
AZ
Trump 48%
Harris 43%

MI
Trump 45%
Harris 45%

NV
Trump 46%
Harris 45%

PA
Trump 45%
Harris 48%

WI
Trump 46%
Harris 48%
How will these change? What if harris picks Kelly, does that swing AZ?

Need Georgia and North Carolina but prospects have shifted dramatically in the last month.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:38 pm Competitiveness Coalition Releases Survey Data In Five Presidential Battleground States
AZ
Trump 48%
Harris 43%

MI
Trump 45%
Harris 45%

NV
Trump 46%
Harris 45%

PA
Trump 45%
Harris 48%

WI
Trump 46%
Harris 48%

Need Georgia and North Carolina but prospects have shifted dramatically in the last month.
I think it’s likely Shapiro to secure PA with Walz the next choice. Younger voters would favor Walz but Shapiro would likely attract more indies.

There will be the usual small bump post convention and then its debates. Debates are advantage Harris.

Trump acts as though he’s the front runner by far and If he doesn’t mellow out the stupid red meat rhetoric he throws at MAGA (unlikely) he’s likely hit a ceiling of support with nowhere to go but down.

As Thom Hartmann put it today, Trump has now become fat Elvis.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:38 pm Competitiveness Coalition Releases Survey Data In Five Presidential Battleground States

I think it’s likely Shapiro to secure PA with Walz the next choice. Younger voters would favor Walz but Shapiro would likely attract more indies.

There will be the usual small bump post convention and then its debates. Debates are advantage Harris.

Trump acts as though he’s the front runner by far and If he doesn’t mellow out the stupid red meat rhetoric he throws at MAGA (unlikely) he’s likely hit a ceiling of support with nowhere to go but down.

As Thom Hartmann put it today, Trump has now become fat Elvis.
Shapiro could really hurt with young progressive who support Palestinians.