Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:08 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:19 am

The 81 million
So ALL of those 81 million voting Americans “want everything without having to earn it” while those voting for the loser who doesn’t pay his bills and has only achieved wealth through leveraging daddy’s money by grifting and intimidation “earn” their benefits without government benefits and subsidies? The old boot straps argument? :lol:

Tell that to my neighbor whose acreage is on CRP. Or all of the teachers I know who help other people’s kids grow and acquire life skills. If they voted Democratic…they are clearly losers who don’t really want to earn one of the highest standards of living in the world. :rofl:

How about the iconic self made billionaires who desire that they pay zero taxes? They owe nothing to society because of sheer awesomeness! :rofl:

Or timber and mining CEO’s who make profits off of public owned and managed lands and infrastructure for free?

Labor productivity and associated output continue to rise while so do hours worked. But only for the people not in that 81 million group.

If you vote red you’re clearly not one of the takers expecting benefits without earning them.

Good god man…you really need to find new sources of information. There’s still time for you to learn and gain some understanding of politics, economics, etc. I’m rooting for ya! :clap:
:nod:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:19 am

The 81 million
So ALL of those 81 million voting Americans “want everything without having to earn it” while those voting for the loser who doesn’t pay his bills and has only achieved wealth through leveraging daddy’s money by grifting and intimidation “earn” their benefits without government benefits and subsidies? The old boot straps argument? :lol:

Tell that to my neighbor whose acreage is on CRP. Or all of the teachers I know who help other people’s kids grow and acquire life skills. If they voted Democratic…they are clearly losers who don’t really want to earn one of the highest standards of living in the world. :rofl:

How about the iconic self made billionaires who desire that they pay zero taxes? They owe nothing to society because of sheer awesomeness! :rofl:

Or timber and mining CEO’s who make profits off of public owned and managed lands and infrastructure for free?

Labor productivity and associated output continue to rise while so do hours worked. But only for the people not in that 81 million group.

If you vote red you’re clearly not one of the takers expecting benefits without earning them.

Good god man…you really need to find new sources of information. There’s still time for you to learn and gain some understanding of politics, economics, etc. I’m rooting for ya! :clap:

Boom

Just won $100 bucks
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:55 am

Boom

Just won $100 bucks
:?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:12 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:06 am

Well, it certainly a piece of the puzzle isn’t it?

Why are dumb politicians constantly trying to change the greatest country on earth?

So dumb
You do know that change is universal? Sometimes change is improvement. EG: paid family leave can increase productivity and general health in the long run by providing support for working class families.

How many empires have been diminished under the oppressive yoke of paid family leave?
And it can also lead to layoffs and price increases because it increases labor costs. Businesses can’t simply pay people not work for weeks/months without hiring someoe to replace them and raise prices. And guess who has to pay for those price increases? All of us.

And if its a small business and they can’t afford to hire someone else or raise prices, they go out of business, esp if they are competing against businesses in states without paid family leave.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:49 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:17 am

And do you know the “universe” used to look up to the USA? Sometimes being different is good

I’m not all against family leave, but I know that these programs are abused… like working from home and collecting locality pay when you’re not really living in the locality…. It goes on and on and on.
You and I might have a different u restating of what the universe is. :?

All programs are abused. From defense spending to tax deductions, to social. Don’t make the perfect the enemy of the good. Especially when around 80% of Americans want it.
No kidding. I bet 80% of Americans would like more vacation and to be paid more also.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:42 am
kalm wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:49 am

You and I might have a different u restating of what the universe is. :?

All programs are abused. From defense spending to tax deductions, to social. Don’t make the perfect the enemy of the good. Especially when around 80% of Americans want it.
No kidding. I bet 80% of Americans would like more vacation and to be paid more also.
Yes of course. At least the ones who look at some of our cohorts and see their standard of living passing us by.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:35 am
kalm wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:12 am

You do know that change is universal? Sometimes change is improvement. EG: paid family leave can increase productivity and general health in the long run by providing support for working class families.

How many empires have been diminished under the oppressive yoke of paid family leave?
And it can also lead to layoffs and price increases because it increases labor costs. Businesses can’t simply pay people not work for weeks/months without hiring someoe to replace them and raise prices. And guess who has to pay for those price increases? All of us.

And if its a small business and they can’t afford to hire someone else or raise prices, they go out of business, esp if they are competing against businesses in states without paid family leave.
Agree on the threat to small business. There can be work arounds though. EG: minimum wage increases in CA and WA…and lo and behold, we still have small businesses.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:11 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:35 am

Agree on the threat to small business. There can be work arounds though. EG: minimum wage increases in CA and WA…and lo and behold, we still have small businesses.
Which raises the entire wage scale, labor costs, and makes good and services more expensive. Also leads to layoffs and closures (ex see CA $20 an hr fastfood).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Last edited by BDKJMU on Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:29 am
kalm wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:11 am

Which raises the entire wage scale, labor costs, and makes good and services more expensive. Also leads to layoffs and closures (ex see CA $20 an hr fastfood).
Yes. Profit margins and taxes being the 4th-5th rails. They must never be touched. It’s only labor and the middle class who suffer.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:49 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:29 am
Yes. Profit margins and taxes being the 4th-5th rails. They must never be touched. It’s only labor and the middle class who suffer.
We have the most productive workforce on the planet, what we need is better management

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:57 am
kalm wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:49 am

We have the most productive workforce on the planet, what we need is better management
Chicken or the egg ...

We could have the most product workforce on the planet because of good managment. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:48 am
Trump stole it from years ago
:coffee:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:00 pm
Sure local, state, maybe someone(s) in Congress. What POTUS/POTUS candidate has proposed it in the past?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:00 pm
Imitation and flattery.

Hey maybe he’ll steal one from her? EG: not be quite as big of a dick.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:40 pm
And I have oceanfront property near Glendive to sell you.
:lol: You're now over riding doctor diagnosis.

Klam level equivalency issues here.

Walz is a disgusting liar. I can't believe you support him.
You've never questioned a doctor's opinion? Why is it ok to question fauxi but not braunstein? The doctor's daughters claim that the diagnosis was made as a favor to his landlord, fred trump. How is a guy who spent 5 years at the New York Military Academy unfit for military duty? How does someone with bone spurs play as much golf and tennis as he does? There are red flags all over that diagnosis, you just choose to ignore them because you worship trump.

walz might be a disgusting liar but trump is no better. Only a hypocrite or kool-aid drinking cultist would believe that trump supporters have the moral high ground when it comes to criticizing walz's service.
Last edited by UNI88 on Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:27 pm

You've never questioned a doctor's opinion? Why is it ok to question fauxi but not braunstein? The doctor's daughters claim that the diagnosis was made as a favor to his landlord, fred trump. How is a guy who spent 5 years at the New York Military Academy unfit for military duty? How does someone with bone spurs play as much golf and tennis as he does? There are red flags all over that diagnosis, you just choose to ignore them because you worship trump.

walz might be a disgusting liar but trump is no better. If you believe otherwise, I have oceanfront property near Glendive to sell you.
Holy shit. Do you even pay attention to what you post? "The doctor's daughter's what..." You've gone off the deep end. On one side, we have a doctor's diagnosis, and on the other, we have a guy who lied about his rank and service. But it's all okay because you hate Trump. Dude. Get help. You can't even stay of topic due to your irrational hatred of Trump.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:36 pm

walz might be a disgusting liar but trump is no better. If you believe otherwise, I have oceanfront property near Glendive to sell you.
Holy shit. Do you even pay attention to what you post? You've gone off the deep end. On one side, we have a doctor's diagnosis, and on the other, we have a guy who lied about his rank and service. But it's all okay because you hate Trump. Dude. Get help. You can't even stay of topic due to your irrational hatred of Trump.
That circumstances around that doctor's diagnosis are just as questionable as the circumstances around fauxi's COVID recommendations. You would need to pull trump's tiny little mushroom dick out from between your teeth to see that though.

You've proven time and again that you pick and choose which "experts" you believe based on whether you agree with what they say, not their knowledge, qualifications or experience.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

walz might be a disgusting liar but trump is no better. Only a hypocrite or kool-aid drinking cultist would believe that trump supporters have the moral high ground when it comes to criticizing walz's service.
What? Are you the DNC now? Changing responses AFTER replies are made. Good job Kamala.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:41 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:36 pm

Holy shit. Do you even pay attention to what you post? You've gone off the deep end. On one side, we have a doctor's diagnosis, and on the other, we have a guy who lied about his rank and service. But it's all okay because you hate Trump. Dude. Get help. You can't even stay of topic due to your irrational hatred of Trump.
That circumstances around that doctor's diagnosis are just as questionable as the circumstances around fauxi's COVID recommendations. You would need to pull trump's tiny little mushroom dick out from between your teeth to see that though.

You've proven time and again that you pick and choose which "experts" you believe based on whether you agree with what they say, not their knowledge, qualifications or experience.
:rofl: You're kidding me, right? You're telling everyone you REALLY know the true diagnosis of the Trump/Physician interaction 50+ years ago. Wow.

How do you keep on doing it? Say something, only to back yourself into a corner with your irrational Trump hatred. :ohno:

We've all seen it:

1 Denial. This is the most basic form of avoidance of responsibility and involves lying about having done something or having not done something.
2 Denial of Impact. This involves acknowledging an action or decision but denying its impact on the unwanted outcome.
3 Blame-shifting. This involves blaming someone else for the unwanted outcome that they caused or contributed to

Uni St Behar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:41 pm

:rofl: You're kidding me, right? You're telling everyone you REALLY know the true diagnosis of the Trump/Physician interaction 50+ years ago. Wow.

How do you keep on doing it? Say something, only to back yourself into a corner with your irrational Trump hatred. :ohno:

We've all seen it:

1 Denial. This is the most basic form of avoidance of responsibility and involves lying about having done something or having not done something.
2 Denial of Impact. This involves acknowledging an action or decision but denying its impact on the unwanted outcome.
3 Blame-shifting. This involves blaming someone else for the unwanted outcome that they caused or contributed to

Uni St Behar
All of those apply to MAQA. You're projecting again.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:17 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:45 pm

We've all seen it:

Uni St Behar
Noted. When confronted with an article on deflection, deflection was deployed.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Harris with a completely original idea of no taxes on tips.

Klamala
HDoge
Uni St Behar

Where are you on the his topic. Why do you support her?

Notice the dodge from Kamala supporters. Klam, HDookie and Uni St Behar.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:38 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:17 pm
Noted. When confronted with an article on deflection, deflection was deployed.
1 Denial - trump didn't do anything wrong with the classified documents, slates of fraudulent electors, bullying state officials, etc.

2 Denial of Impact - January 6 was a peaceful demonstration and not an attempt to prevent the Constitutional transfer of power, the only one hurt was a single protester who was murdered by Capitol Police

3 Blame-shifting - trump's own words and actions had nothing to do with the assassination attempt that was the fault of people who called him Hitler or a threat to democracy.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:42 pm Harris with a completely original idea of no taxes on tips.

Klamala
HDoge
Uni St Behar

Where are you on the his topic. Why do you support her?
I don't support her. I'm just not gullible enough to fall for her opponent lies and manipulations. I'll be voting 3rd party again in 2024.