Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:58 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:41 am

Yeah…like I said. Read the entire article. Or have someone read it to you and explain. :clap:
:rofl: No. Of all people on this board, you especially do not get to get away with, "have someone read it to you". I read your trash article the first time you posted the link.

There is no proof of the article's subject, and all the other shit was like spaghetti thrown on a wall. NOTHING linked any of it together. It was a narrative. Absolutely zero meaningful investigative journalism happened in that article.

The girl and her boyfriend, who hate Trump, worked in that fucking field. If we're going with the level of proof you require, the angry at Trump gal and her boyfriend could have easily made all this shit up and played Jussie Smollet. They both work in the signature collection/political assist field

Lastly, of course there are groups out there looking to mess with the vote totals, the "victim" in particular, but this story is shit. Weak as fuck effort, but you peddle it like gospel. Fuck sakes.
And….he still hasn’t read the entire article…. :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:12 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:58 pm

:rofl: No. Of all people on this board, you especially do not get to get away with, "have someone read it to you". I read your trash article the first time you posted the link.

There is no proof of the article's subject, and all the other shit was like spaghetti thrown on a wall. NOTHING linked any of it together. It was a narrative. Absolutely zero meaningful investigative journalism happened in that article.

The girl and her boyfriend, who hate Trump, worked in that fucking field. If we're going with the level of proof you require, the angry at Trump gal and her boyfriend could have easily made all this shit up and played Jussie Smollet. They both work in the signature collection/political assist field

Lastly, of course there are groups out there looking to mess with the vote totals, the "victim" in particular, but this story is shit. Weak as fuck effort, but you peddle it like gospel. Fuck sakes.
The odds of liberals/Democrats working to get Cornel West on the ballot is about the same as the odds the russians blew up their own pipeline.
:nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

She’s a commie:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Starting to see some pushback against the MAGA infiltration of evangelical groups. 40,000 participants last week on an Evangelicals For Harris Zoom call. Granddaughter of Billy Graham has joined fray. MAGA does not find this pleasing…. at all!

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:50 pm She’s a commie:
I’m surprised she used that word “price controls” before the election

usually these control freaks save the bad stuff until after
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:56 am

She’s even dumber than I thought she was for thinking it:
-Has any chance of passing.
-Has any chance of working.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Fun fact…the last two times price controls were used was during the Nixon and Ike admins. Ike due to the Korean War and Nixon due to Vietnam AND to reduce inflation.

Price Controls seem problematic but how should we regulate price gouging and collusion?

I’d suggest even stronger anti-trust litigation from the DOJ. This too will of course make some howl communism and “over-regulation” while failing to remember capitalism only succeeds through greater competition.

Strategically, it’s probably an unnecessary risk however consumers care more about the price of bacon than whether a multi-national food supplier or national grocery store chain turn a higher profit.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:56 am

Fun fact…the last two times price controls were used was during the Nixon and Ike admins. Ike due to the Korean War and Nixon due to Vietnam AND to reduce inflation.

Price Controls seem problematic but how should we regulate price gouging and collusion?

I’d suggest even stronger anti-trust litigation from the DOJ. This too will of course make some howl communism and “over-regulation” while failing to remember capitalism only succeeds through greater competition.

Strategically, it’s probably an unnecessary risk however consumers care more about the price of bacon than whether a multi-national food supplier or national grocery store chain turn a higher profit.
Oh boy, we never learn

Nixon’s price controls, although initially popular, kicked off a pretty tough tough decade of some the highest inflation this nation has ever seen…

I guess you want the farmers to start drowning their chickens again
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:06 am

Oh boy, we never learn

Nixon’s price controls, although initially popular, kicked off a pretty tough tough decade of some the highest inflation this nation has ever seen…

I guess you want the farmers to start drowning their chickens again
Where did I agree with price controls in my post? In fact I said they seem “problematic”.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Fun fact…the last two times price controls were used was during the Nixon and Ike admins. Ike due to the Korean War and Nixon due to Vietnam AND to reduce inflation[.

We’re not at war. It wasn’t just prices that were frozen, wages were, too.

Collusion is already illegal. And price controls would actually make it easier to collude.

How cute you think price controls reduce inflation. They just cut supply. The only ways for govt to cut inflation is to:
-to print and spend less $$
-de regulate
-increase cheap (non renewable) domestic energy production
-higher interest rates.

Go ask Venezuela how well their price controls worked. :lol:
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:43 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:18 pm
I didn’t say it was illegal, I implied that it was retaliatory and anti-business.

My point is that the new Republican Party prioritizes ideology over business and economics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least with the criticism of Commiela you didn’t respond with your usual ‘But Trump!’ TDS but you substituted ‘But Desantis!’
If they'd stop doing dumb ass unRepublican sh!t, I could stop pointing it out.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The latest. Harris wants to spend what would be 100 billion of of taxpayer $$$ over 4 years by giving 25k to 4 million 1st time homebuyers. And really would be 100s of billions if not trillions in the long run/decades because once you start a govt give away program you can never get rid of it. Lets see, lets give millions of 1st time home buyers 25k to cause even more demand for the current housing shortage, driving up housing inflation (and inflation in general) even more. Yeah, that’s the ticket! Meanwhile, if I am a developer, flipper, seller, guess what I am doing? Jacking my home prices by 25k when I put them on the market. So 1st time homebuyers are in the same pickle, but I’m even richer off taxpayer $$$.
Commiela, from the AOC school of economics.. :dunce: :lol: :rofl:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realest ... ngNewsSerp
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:55 am The latest. Harris wants to spend what would be 100 billion of of taxpayer $$$ over 4 years by giving 25k to 4 million 1st time homebuyers. And really would be 100s of billions if not trillions in the long run/decades because once you start a govt give away program you can never get rid of it. Lets see, lets give millions of 1st time home buyers 25k to cause even more demand for the current housing shortage, driving up housing inflation (and inflation in general) even more. Yeah, that’s the ticket! Meanwhile, if I am a developer, flipper, seller, guess what I am doing? Jacking my home prices by 25k when I put them on the market. So 1st time homebuyers are in the same pickle, but I’m even richer off taxpayer $$$.
Exactly

But The Super Tramp knows her voters ain’t that bright
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:14 am

Fun fact…the last two times price controls were used was during the Nixon and Ike admins. Ike due to the Korean War and Nixon due to Vietnam AND to reduce inflation[.

We’re not at war. It wasn’t just prices that were frozen, wages were, too.

Collusion is already illegal. And price controls would actually make it easier to collude.

How cute you think price controls reduce inflation. They just cut supply. The only ways for govt to cut inflation is to:
-to print and spend less $$
-de regulate
-increase cheep (non renewable) domestic energy production
-higher interest rates.

Go ask Venezuela how well their price controls worked. :lol:
Is there a sudden case of not being able to process what you read going on in MAGA land? :lol:

I typed that Nixon (that big old Venezuelan commie that he was) used price controls due to the war and to fight inflation. Of course we know it didn’t work. We had high inflation for the next decade.

The only thing of value you said here is collusion is already illegal. The egg industry was fined for it awhile back but perhaps we need to strengthen enforcement further.

(I’d use a dunce emoji right here but I rise above such shenanigans).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:55 am The latest. Harris wants to spend what would be 100 billion of of taxpayer $$$ over 4 years by giving 25k to 4 million 1st time homebuyers. And really would be 100s of billions if not trillions in the long run/decades because once you start a govt give away program you can never get rid of it. Lets see, lets give millions of 1st time home buyers 25k to cause even more demand for the current housing shortage, driving up housing inflation (and inflation in general) even more. Yeah, that’s the ticket! Meanwhile, if I am a developer, flipper, seller, guess what I am doing? Jacking my home prices by 25k when I put them on the market. So 1st time homebuyers are in the same pickle, but I’m even richer off taxpayer $$$.
Hedge funds and foreign investors own 25% of the U.S. residential market. That can’t help.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:31 am
Hedge funds and foreign investors own 25% of the U.S. residential market. That can’t help.
IMO, investors and growth restrictions are the primary culprits.

I agree with BDK and see this working about as well as federal government involvement in student loans.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:49 am
kalm wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:31 am

IMO, investors and growth restrictions are the primary culprits.

I agree with BDK and see this working about as well as federal government involvement in student loans.
Agreed. The state GMA and county urban growth agreements and management are super complex and political. Like many industries, the large scale national construction companies are becoming the only ones who can afford to meet regulations and have the clout to get sweetheart deals and manipulate legislation.

I can see and have experienced the other side though when it comes to permitting, code enforcement, bad faith politicians, and environmental impact. There are many seedy developers and property owners as well as closed minded commissioners, city councils, and legislators.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Does anyone who speaks Kamalen care to translate this word salad? :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

WATCH: Wrongfully Convicted Black Man Recounts How Kamala Harris Laughed After Convicting Him

….Trulove’s story presents a striking example of a wrongful conviction brought about by police misconduct and a flawed prosecution. The actor was convicted of the 2007 murder of his friend Seu Kuka in San Francisco. The case against him relied heavily on the testimony of a single eyewitness who later admitted to being coerced by law enforcement.

During his trial, then-San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris’ office handled the prosecution, which resulted in Trulove being sentenced to 50 years in prison. His conviction was overturned after he was incarcerated for six years. He later won a $13.1 million settlement in a lawsuit against the city.

In a recent video interview on the “Art of Dialogue” YouTube channel, Trulove discusses the moment when he was convicted and describes Harris’ disturbing reaction…..

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/08/18/w ... m-n2178251
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Strange indeed..
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Did they put up fencing for the RNC?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Harris apparently suffers from too much booze, like Pelosi.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:00 pm